Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DatKiwiTho
    Original poster 2 posts

When I encounter Dain the lifeless one, Eivor gets stuck repeating the same line over and over indefinitely. Additionally, when I follow the deer to the end and reach the 5th deer nothing happens. They just stand in a circle with nothing going on. There's nothing to interact with and Eivor is still repeating the same sentence to no end and the mystery is not completed or progressed in any way.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 429 posts

@datkiwitho I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this.

I've not encountered any other reports about this specifically. Can you provide a short video demonstrating this issue in action?

Official Response
  • Thioh
    1 posts

I'm encountering the same bug; link to the loop:

Tried reloading the save, moving back to the quest from a fast-travel point; plain-out restarted the game, yet it keeps looping the same way over and over, no many how many times I restart it.

• Zanadama
    1 posts

I am having the same issue.

• All.For.1
    1 posts

I am having the same issue too, catch the tears of imir is also with a bug too, some places have the glow of the treasure but you get there and there is nothing or a chest

• BigRedBeast
    4 posts

You're not the only one I am having this issue as well. I even tried using the raven and see if that did anything different and it did not. I thought his line was supposed to be a clue as to follow the stag from the ravens view point, but my idea didn't work either.

• BigRedBeast
    4 posts

@datkiwitho It's not a bug, I actually found the correct way to complete this mystery. Havi's first quote is a hint on how to complete this mystery. You got to follow it in spirit. That's all I'm going to say and hopefully you can figure it out. I don't want to give you the answer out right. If you don't follow it the correct way nothing will happen and it will just be Havi repeating the same line over and over.

• wiesel13374
    1 posts

If people google this, they don´t want to hear half-witted comments like "I know the solution, but im not gonna tell you, hihi"
    Let them decide on their own, whether they want to find it out on their own or not, seriously.

DISCLAIMER : Following comment will conatin the Solution

Simply follow on your Stag Mount.

• BigRedBeast
    4 posts

@wiesel13374 wow...nice job at making a complete [censored] out of yourself. I was being considerate of the OP as a player that he could figure it out and not giving him the answer and to reassure him that what he was doing was not a bug. You on the other hand showed a complete lack of respect and courtesy to me but also to the OP and disregarded the OP as a player. Also giving a hint and trying to guide a player to the answer without giving it away is not half-witted you imbecile. The OP was not looking for the answer but was looking to see what was happening was a bug, fool. IF the OP wanted the answer he could have googled it and gotten the answer from actual guide sites. You showed us your ignorance of the topic and what I was trying to accomplish.

• UB_One
    2 posts

Same problem here. This is definitely a bug.

The first time I tried it, it apparently worked properly. At each stag, Eivor said the name of the next stag and moved on. Unfortunately, I got knocked off my mount by a wolf, and had to go back and start over. Since then, It just keeps repeating "Dain, the lifeless one.." continuosly. When I get to the end, they all just stand in a circle doing nothing. Doesn't matter if I am walking or riding. The quest is definitely bugged.

• Differenter93
    2 posts

Any word on this? I am having the same bug, i followed on foot, on stag, and by raven with no luck the 5 stag just stand around and Havi keeps saying the same line over and over. Clearly bugged.

• Differenter93
    2 posts

After playing with it some more, I did a save while standing with the 5 deer then completely quit the game. Then loaded back in and it completed the quest when it loaded. I missed the dialogue for each deer since Havi kept repeating the first one so I had to look it up on youtube. But at least the quest is complete. Hope that helps!

• lzlikescricket
    1 posts

@differenter93 thank you. Did as you said and saved when they're all standing around, loaded back in and the chest appeared.

• RageTornWorld
    1 posts

@bigredbeast if someone is looking for the answer, they obviously don't get it and are past looking for hints, they just want it resolved. You saying you know and giving some obscure hint that doesn't actually lead to the answer is not what they were looking for. You're the one at fault not him

Suggested Topics