Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • nonAx85
    22 posts

i don't understand how the audio can be this scuffed, some people have echoes, some have muffled sounds, some have stutters, there are so many different ways the audio is scuffed it's incredible.

• Dilvn
    1 posts

I don't know how anybody could let audio quality like this slip into their AAA game. My microwave has clearer audio.

• DeafNoEyes
    1 posts

PS4 Pro here to confirm I have the same issues. Audio just sounds strange, songs/conversations on the boat sound like they're being done in a mead hall, combat and loot sounds like it's inside a tin can. Sometimes soundtrack stutters, but that only happened three times so far in 3-4 hours of gameplay.

I can honestly deal with gameplay jank even if I wish there was more polish to the game, but the horrible audio makes it really hard to get my full enjoyment. From all the Triple A and Indie games I played, this is honestly amongst the worst, and this is clearly not how the game developers intended it because the few sounds that work right sound great.

Plz fix, cus I enjoy the game otherwise.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out about this.

The team are aware of this and are investigating.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Official Response
  • Raski0611
    107 posts

@ubi-swaggins

Unser Investigation, hm sounds one step further.

Fix this and make Ubisoft great again

Cant wait to finally Play this Game and came across a gamebreaking questbug.

• VanixLH
    14 posts

@ubi-swaggins Thank you! We look forward to hearing more from the team.

• PleDaruZ
    2 posts

@klamhest
    Thats exactly how my game sounds as well.
    So depressing. 😠

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

@a_gallant_goat Whereabouts did they acknowledge the issues? I don't seem to be able to find anything 😬 Was it on this forum?

It's been 10 days since I got this game and I still only played for 3 hours 😕

• A_Gallant_Goat
    3 posts

@therealdaemon

Well I saw a screenshot online a few days ago, can't remember where, perhaps somewhere around here, of a Ubi official stating that the team was aware of sound-related issues with Valhalla.

Furthermore I contacted the support about it on monday, providing links to this post and several others on the Ubi forums and Reddit, and the person I chated with told me that the support was aware of "sound issues with this game". I tried to emphatize the overall poor audio quality of the game, but I don't know if support workers have any influence on it, since it's probably not considered a bug by Ubi. That's why posts here and on subs such are r/ AC and r/ Games might be the best way to make Ubi aware that many players care about the sound quality of their games.

If Ashraf was still in charge I'd recommend sending him a little tweet with some links, but he doesn't work for Ubi anymore, so I don't know which dev we could contact to make sure the team is aware of this issue.

• Detail-
    1 posts

The current audio quality is unacceptable. The main character's child version in the opening portion of the game sounds like he's talking through a tin can with a string tied to the end of it. You went through the effort of creating a huge, immersive world for us to explore. Don't short-change that with poor audio when you can very well do better.

• GregBeattie
    1 posts

Just bought it on ps5 and I noticed the poor audio quality straight away, at first I thought it was my headset but I tested it on other games and they sound fine. Basically everything that has been listed i have experienced and girls a £60 game that just isn't acceptable. Its a dam shame as well since I actually enjoying it but the poor audio just destroys the immersion.

• azazel140
    10 posts

Has someone finished the game and has access to the credits..so we see who worked on the audio ...so i can politely and respectfully suggest they quit their job???

• FaSkiL.css
    3 posts

@azazel140 Any news about this ? I'm dying for a fix 😞
    (got the same issue)

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@hunterr12 Thank you so much for these additional details!!

Official Response
  • UbiKoality

@gilly775 Thank you so much for letting me know and for looking for that information. I understand how this can be hard to capture, so I appreciate the heads up!

Official Response
  • UbiKoality

@tyfighter4567 It is completely understandable how dealing with problems like these could have a negative effect on your gameplay experience and break the immersion of the game. I really appreciate you providing these additional details for me, this is truly helpful! I've passed this along to the team. Thanks for your help!

Official Response
  • Calibrated_BOT_
    2 posts

@calibrated_bot_
    UPDATE : (No improvement at all. As creating a support ticket is "down" Can someone contact me? I want a refund for this falsely advertised product ASAP.)

• Shuar
    34 posts
    @calibrated_bot_
    UPDATE : (No improvement at all. As creating a support ticket is "down" Can someone contact me? I want a refund for this falsely advertised product ASAP.)

Have you played the game for more than 2 hours? If so, no refund will be done!

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

@basemix2007 The low quality audio and the other issues are definitely not just an old generation thing. It's definitely on the SX, and there have been people complaining about the audio on the PS5 in this thread as well.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics