Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Raephoz
    3 posts

I just bought the game and fired up a new game. I immediately noticed the poor audio quality. I thought something was wrong.
    The first opening scene lacked immersion on so many levels. Flat audio, poor dialog and I barely heard any music.
    The audio left right balance in the speakers also seemed off to me, like the sound was coming from the wrong directions.
    It felt like I was in a cave watching drunk people dancing without any music. This is a low point for Ubisoft.

I greatly enjoyed the Odessey game, that's why I bought this one.
    The game is unplayable in this state. I didn't find this to be an issue in Odyssey.
    Please make this a high/critical priority and release HD sound.
    I can't believe I have to come to your forum to point this out 馃う

• ChihaSeed_
    11 posts

@zeus_212 I agree. I鈥檓 doing the same, I鈥檓 playing other games until this is resolved. It actually ruins the experience.

• Grogui484
    1 posts

The sound of this game is horrible, there are a bunch of issues already mentioned in this thread, personally I can't play until it has been fixed, it totally breaks my immersion and my ears, please fix it soon Ubisoft.

• VanixLH
    14 posts

There's a patch coming this week but I'm pretty certain they won't address the audio issues in this patch, we'll see when they announce further details about it soon.

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

I'm glad a patch is coming finally, but I also doubt they'll do anything about the audio issues. I hate that there's been pretty much zero communication about this all as well.

• Raephoz
    3 posts

I doubt they will ever fix this issue. Just look at this old thread for Origins.
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1780608-Really-poor-audio-quality-for-voices/page2

Ubisoft Montreal is the studio behind both titles as I understand it.
    I guess they can't afford proper audio recording equipment even though they charge AAA money for their titles.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

I never noticed poor audio in orgins or Odyssey, but this Valhalla audio is like the face animations from mass effect andromeda before the Patch.
    Sometimes not there, sometimes very weird.

• zhead_
    31 posts

patch to deploy soon. Notes mention audio fixes. lets hope

• Tadiian
    16 posts

@zhead_ Where did you find the patchnotes? And with soon you mean today?

I couldn't find ANY source for patchnotes or an ETA on the patch itself. (besides twitter post that it's coming later this week)

• zhead_
    31 posts

Its on teh news on ubisoft connect on PC

We will be deploying Title Update 1.0.4 tomorrow: November 26, 2020.
    PATCH SIZES AND DEPLOYMENT TIMING:
    路 PC: ~4.3 GB @ 1pm CET | 7am EDT | 4am PDT | 11pm AEDT
  • Raephoz
    3 posts

@zhead_

I doubt "various audio issues" include HD audio.
    It makes more sense for Ubi to fix story-breaking issues at first.
    But it should be top priority after that if you ask me.

GRAPHICS, AUDIO, ANIMATION
    路 Addressed various graphical issues across the board.
    路 Addressed various FX issues.
    路 Addressed various instances of clipping issues.
    路 Addressed various visual issues with Eivor's cloak.
    路 Addressed various instances of player or NPC animation issues.
    路 Addressed various audio issues.
    路 Addressed various lighting issues.
    路 Shadow resolution on High will now use correct values.
  • TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

@captainstarpaw I was wondering if you will be doing an analysis of the audio after the patch comes out to see if there's any changes?

• Shuar
    34 posts

Guess patch is live and bad sound persists right?

• cavveman
    75 posts

@shuar

I'll find out in about 3 minutes when it's downloaded and installed.

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

Disappointing, but not surprised.

• Shuar
    34 posts

@vanixlh if you played for more than 2 hours, then forget your money back request! Glad i only played for 15 mins and immediately requested my refund!

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

Can confirm, the audio still sounds horrible on the Series X. Messaged support again as they never got back to me after the first time I messaged them.

• LordPhoenix82nd
    11 posts

I also don't understand why they won't add more than 2 sliders for audio leveling. Even Skyrim from 9 years ago had around 5 sliders for adjusting audio

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

The known issues thread got updated and of course, no mention of the audio...

• BoBaggs
    4 posts

Please fix this issue. It is the most distracting thing I've ever experienced in a game. Assassin's Creed is the final series from your company I trust, and if you can't fix this issue, I'm sincerely done with you Ubi. Please help me restore my faith in you.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics