Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • CaptainStarPaw
    41 posts

@astrocat I've given Valhalla a rest until Ubisoft step up their game. Absolutely love the audio production work on Cyberpunk. Leaps and bounds ahead.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@captainstarpaw There's too an audio issue with Cyberpunk. The car radio volume is too low on speakers. I confirmed with my friends and it's the same for everyone. It's fine on headphones.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

Cyberpunk sounds "right", a bleesing for my ears.
    A "Carradio volume issue" compared to valhalla general audio issue, one is a mosquito bike, the other a white shark attack.
    Cyberpunk so far great game, i can recommed it in good conscience.
    Only the yellow floating questmarkers annoyin me, hope modders or devs add a disable option soon.

• ChihaSeed_
    11 posts

It's eerily quiet in this thread...doesn't look promising tbh. I tried playing again but it's soooooo irritating, leaping from a cliff into hay sounds like kicking a hollow tin can... it's horrendous.

oh well, here's to hoping for the best...

• CaptainStarPaw
    41 posts

@chihaseed_ I am excited for the next 1.0.5 patch. Let's see if their passion wins through and whether or not they can surprise us. I have no intentions to ignore the game and will give it another go when the patch is released.

@RedIndianRobin I was making a more general comparison, not really nit-picking specific issues like car volume, but yes I noticed that one too. Cyberpunk is definitely stealing the Christmas limelight. For the first time in years I look at my friends list and almost everyone is playing the same game 😁

• Winterglass
    1 posts

If not 1.0.5, please let them fix this soon.

I bought this with the season pass. I've avoided asking for a refund as a sign of faith in them fixing it, because - with some notable exceptions, yes I'm looking at you, AC Unity - whatever else you can say about them, Ubi usually ship polished products with nice clean sound and graphics,.

We know they can do better than this weirdly mushy sound quality.

Looking forward to them doing it.

• name_is_gone
    19 posts

My musical ears suffer a lot from this Ubi production. Music is muffled, sounds are just plain badly compressed, nature sounds are terrible as if I was listening through the pillow. Dialogues: Eivor's voice is clear and sounds good (by the way, male Eivor voice actor is my second fav now after the guy that voiced Bayek, so believable, natural and perfectly fitting character) but whoever he speaks too sounds as if they were far away, muffled, like heard through the wall in next room. I remember playing Origins (after I sorted out echoed/bugged sounds, that is...) and whenever I was in a tomb, the atmosphere of mystery was right there with discrete sounds, while in battle the music was at the right spot with its volume, intensity and rhythm, while travelling through cities or desert or oasis I could immediately immerse myself in the environment due to perfectly fitting and well mixed music. In Valhalla it doesn't matter where I am, I couldn't care less, sounds just happen every once in a while, distracting a bit. The music is barely heard, doesn't really distinct from surroundings, honestly I cannot repeat any melody from game unless I turn on soundtrack on its own. Maybe it's composer (though Sarah Schachner did amazing job on Origins) but mostly it's the terrible quality.
    Why such big studio doesn't care about quality of whole product is beyond me. I personally would be ashamed to release thing that is so unfinished and full of bugs that could be easily avoided if there was quality testing made by, well, qualified people.

• Shuar
    34 posts

@winterglass Good luck with that!
    New patch notes don't reflect anything related to audio!

"Graphics, Audio, Animation

• Addressed various graphics issues.
    • Addressed various character or NPC animation issues.
    • Addressed various clipping issues.
    • Addressed an issue where fish may lay on its side during the fishing animation.
    • Addressed an issue where some NPCs would cut the air instead of wheat. practice doesn’t always make perfect.
    • Addressed an issue where NPCs that are being assassinated while being unconscious would sometimes get up during the animation.
    • Tattooed Mimir’s head. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
    • Addressed an issue with jagged sea foam."

Don't see any audio fixes! Good job not addressing the issue at all Ubisoft!
    While we continue having people paying and not refunding unfinished products, the game industry will continue to tank and deliver unfinished/unpolished games.
    If I wanted to play a beta game, I would apply as a beta tester!

• zhead_
    31 posts
    New patch notes don't reflect anything related to audio!

"Graphics, Audio, Animation
    Addressed various graphics issues.
    Addressed various character or NPC animation issues.
    Addressed various clipping issues.
    Addressed an issue where fish may lay on its side during the fishing animation.
    Addressed an issue where some NPCs would cut the air instead of wheat. practice doesn’t always make perfect.
    Addressed an issue where NPCs that are being assassinated while being unconscious would sometimes get up during the animation.
    Tattooed Mimir’s head. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
    Addressed an issue with jagged sea foam."

Audio, whats that? - Ubisoft Dev, 2020

• carpetmonster88
    14 posts

@Ubi-Woofer what abut gathered data? Any response from, ubisoft regarding sound issue? Or you were just gathering information from users in this topic only to pretend that anyone is looking at the audio issue? For now we have no status update, no information.
    New patch has no information about any audio improvement.
    You are just going to pretend that this topic does not exist?

• Shuar
    34 posts

@carpetmonster88 Yes Ubisoft will pretend that this topic does not exist or even acknowledge that the audio is awful! Sadly @Ubi-Woofer is just the messenger!

• CarvalhoPT
    8 posts

With this we learn.... Never buy from Ubisoft again....

• AstroCat
    17 posts
  • AstroCat
    17 posts

@raski0611 Totally agree. Looks like I'm staying over in Night City, Valhalla will wait.

• carpetmonster88
    14 posts

@shuar ehh I got angry reading release notes for this "title update". I was entering this stupid forum every day hoping for any response from Ubisoft side. And when finally information about a patch emerged-no fix for audio.

• ZeCarlos19
    25 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

Great. This is one of the biggest threads on the forum, and yet apparently too many people enjoy playing with tinny audio for this to be considered an issue.

• name_is_gone
    19 posts

Using headphones helps a bit BUT COME ON UBI! O_O

• CaptainStarPaw
    41 posts

@astrocat I downloaded the patch this morning. Sadly it does not change any of the existing audio files. It only adds a small additional file sounddata/sounds_eng_tu_2.pck, presumably to fix very minor issues or add content ahead of time for the Yule event/Settlements expansion.

I mean, I like expansions, but not at the expense of making my ears cry. Back to playing the waiting game I s'pose.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics