Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Tadiian
    16 posts

This topic needs more attention and needs to be acknowledged and adressed asap by the devs.
    IMO it's the biggest problem Valhalla hast at the moment.

• CaptainStarPaw
    41 posts

@doopi1 Do it. Explain to their chat support that you want to refund because of this issue. Refunds are worth more grain in salt, especially so if you are able to provide feedback for their team.

• Klamhest
    10 posts

Widzę kolega polak, witam witam. Zazdroszczę, że możesz pograć. Wersja cyfrowa czy fizyczna?

It's not my video. i dont understand polish sorry.

• azazel140
    10 posts

@klamhest THats exactly how my game sounds OMG and IT IS KILLING IT FOR ME...... the sound on the snow and the wood plank seems to be from a 16 bit game on the superNES..... i cannot understand how Ubisoft is just not even acknowledging this massive game immersion killer.....

• azazel140
    10 posts

@spektrumgg I simply dont understand how Ubisoft is not even acknowledging this as a known issue ...This is by far the biggest problem at least PC version has in my opinion..... I just played for 30 minutes and turned off.. i cannot bear this horrible sound quality....

• azazel140
    10 posts

@ubi-swaggins Than you for the response... Appreciate it....

• TheZonk88
    57 posts

Posting here too to have one spot so gather all Information regarding this.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/77624/the-game-s-sound-is-buggy-reverb-ed
    i am havíng the same problem; but only for some NPC Voices and the playable Character Voice, all "other" Sound are OK~ish; in AC Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla, on both my PC with different Hardware and Software, except both (Mainboards) have a "Realtek ALC1220" Soundchip... i am trying to fix this since the release of AC:Origins...

I don't have 5.1 or 7.1 Hardware also i don't have any "soundeffects" active, software wise.
    My Stereo Speaker are "Edifier P17", my Headset is a Beyerdynamic DT 770PRO (250 OHM) tho nothing special

i am cluless so far... guess its time for a real "Soundcard"...

• azazel140
    10 posts

@thezonk88 You should not buy a sound card just because the developers either use too high quality sound or simply messed up the audio on PC... Just ask yourself this question out of all your games why is only ACV the one with the issues ... I dont have a sound card either my MOBO is an already old MSI X470 and with dedicated audio chip but still my games all sound perfect to me... this one is the issue not your hardware....

• Ryusennin
    71 posts

@doopi1

Funny that they mention Windows 7 (which is not even supported by Valhalla). First class tech support there.

• zhead_
    31 posts

people are starting to post content on youtube without even realizing the audio is pretty bad. I'll just drop an example here:

Just after the jump at 1:02, pretty easy to notice the very loud and muffled landing sound. The video includes runing, climbing, fights and everything that we have been reporting lately

• Klamhest
    10 posts

@azazel140

Yeah, the echo is totally ruining the experience for me as well. 😕

• CaptainStarPaw
    41 posts

@zhead_ That video does not have any narration, but it serves as a good example of how bad the sound is. There is a slight problem with YouTube though.

People have a different mentality when they watch YouTube videos, because we already know that watching a video online can sometimes be subject to compression artifacts. Sub-consciously, we are more forgiving in that environment. YouTube has an intelligent algorithmn that automatically switches the stream to lower quality options whenever a user experiences slow internet speeds.

People need to critique it with audio in the forefront of their mind.

When you install and play the game for real, that is when you realise that they have totally mugged you off in the audio department.

• Morfor91
    6 posts

i´m having the same issues with the echo and weird/bad Audio, really destroys my Experience, i would love to play this game, but not like this 😞

i´m using a 5.1 Headset with an Soundblaster Z on PC if thats helps. Hope there will be a fix asap.

• LoneMetalWolf
    2 posts

I have the same issues with the audio. Here´s my recording of the intro sequence that I barely managed to get through without ripping my headphones off my ears:

• ardently338
    1 posts

So glad someone took the time to document this. The horribly tinny audio was one of the first issues that I noticed in the game. Here’s hoping they acknowledge this as a know issue and ultimate release an HD sound patch.

• Morrandirr
    2 posts

Sound is really weak.

I was just attending the Harald's Althing. So we have a longhouse full of vikings listening to a speach of a king unifying the clans. This should have pathos and emotion.

It sounded like a boring meeting in the office at 8am when eveyone's still half asleep.

• shaft_06
    1 posts

I play on PC with Audeze headphones. Ive tried 7.1, stereo, and hi-res. It all sounds horrible. Zoom call sitting in a cave bad.

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

I'm a bit afraid this is going to go unfixed. I've spoken to a lot of people who seem to think that the audio is fine, or that claim that my sound setup is broken.

I messaged support about it but they're yet to get back to me. Hopefully enough people contact them that they fix it. I'm also afraid that they'll release an optional HQ audio pack for the PC but leave the console players with crappy audio.

• VanixLH
    14 posts

@captainstarpaw I linked this thread as well as other threads in my initial support ticket, the support person went away for a few minutes to investigate and came back to say that this issue is something they're aware of and that the dev team are working on resolving it.

I think the best thing to do would be for everyone to be vocal about it on these forums but also create a support ticket/bug report just so they know there is demand for this in their ticketing system. More tickets = more visibility. Also if you filter these forums by votes, the audio issues are among the most voted posts on the Player Support forum so they definitely can't miss it. Support for Odyssey was really good post release, so I am hopeful that this will get sorted soon as well.

Of course, there's no excuse that this was released in the state it has been. I am considering asking for a refund until this is resolved as well, just to prove a point.

• CaptainStarPaw
    41 posts

@vanixlh Thank you for the support. Yeah we definitely need to be vocal about it, and I do have optimism that they will fix it.

The game is absolutely beautiful and deserves to be presented in the best way possible.

Not addressing this simple mistake would be avoiding an easy win for them, and it would earn trust back with the gamers who care about sound, image along with gameplay and storytelling. It's about the full package.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics