Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    Original poster 560 posts

It doesn't seem to do anything at all and I've tried it in all 4 modes Partial, Full, Light and Off ...... There is absolutely zero difference and you waste most of your arrows for nothing and you can't even craft more .....

Odyssey did it way better ..... Switching bows is clunky as hell, you have no way of knowing how many arrows you actually have unless you equip the bow and pull the right trigger and after 18 1/2 hours of gameplay I still haven't gotten any cloth for upgrade nor even a hint of how and where to find it .....

Other problems I've had was trying to take down a monastery on my own and of course running out of arrow in a matter of a couple of minutes because you can't lock on to anything making it almost impossible to hit anything moving I had to blow my horn 6 damn times before I could get any assistance, 5 times after I had killed everyone with the help of prisoners I released .... My guys were no where in sight and I wasted a lot of time because you can't loot anything without assistance and the prisoners you free just run off and are no help .... the ungrateful bastards ...... I kept having to blow the horn until they finally showed up .....

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Mutin1981
    1 posts

Same issue here, aim assist is useless at this time for me.

• longjohn119

@mutin1981
    If you've ever seen any of the videos I posted on the Odyssey forums or on my YouTube channel you'd know I was a Master with a bow and have videos of me taking on a level

and a couple of others taking on Merc that were
    ..... I even have a video where I took at
    ..... I have a series of videos where I take out every one of the Artemis Legendary beasts in 10 - 30 seconds ..... I would destroy forts and never take any damage ..... I have one video where I took out
    except two guys way in the back from the front gate without even stepping into the fort

Now I feel like I'm playing as if I never used a bow before ...... And to make matters worse is the limited arrows and no crafting .... It forces you to brawl rather than use a little planning and finesse

• longjohn119

@longjohn119 Oh for cripes sake even the formatting on this new board blows ...... and I can't even go back and correct it because of a dumb AF time limit

• W4rrior81
    4 posts

Yeah it's a issue.. plz fix this Ubi

• TatCross
    18 posts

@w4rrior81

Same issue for me—no change in Aim Assist on any mode. Despite my settings being on Full, there’s no auto lock on to targets. Still have to manually aim the reticle. In Partial, there’s no change from that (and being a different setting, I’d expect a difference). Still having to manually aim and shoot. Not sure about the others, but I imagine it’s the same.

Aim Assist options are currently very broken. I hope they get fixed.

• longjohn119
    @w4rrior81

Same issue for me—no change in Aim Assist on any mode. Despite my settings being on Full, there’s no auto lock on to targets. Still have to manually aim the reticle. In Partial, there’s no change from that (and being a different setting, I’d expect a difference). Still having to manually aim and shoot. Not sure about the others, but I imagine it’s the same.

Aim Assist options are currently very broken. I hope they get fixed.

And it's still not even listed as a problem so the chances of getting it fixed anytime soon is about zero ...... I'm not going to play the game until they fix it .... I'm just not

• Fractal009
    63 posts

Same here on PS4..

• longjohn119

@fractal009
    Yeah it's broken on all systems ,,,,,, it's a systemic problem with the main code ..... What I don't understand is how could you miss it when it is so glaringly obvious compared to Odyssey and Origins ..... After doing the Weekly in Odyssey I can't go back to Valhalla because the bows are such a huge disappointment

• TatCross
    18 posts

@longjohn119

Did this newest patch (released November 26)—I forget the number—fix the Aim Assist issues?

Not that I can see. Playing on PS4–assist set to Full—and the patch (which references fixing “various bow aiming issues”) hasn’t done much, if anything. There’s no rune-sorting, nothing changed with the skill tree, some quests are still bugged for people.

Including Aim Assist issues. I was HOPING this patch would fix things with this. But...I can’t see many of the expected fixes or changes.

• Fractal009
    63 posts

@tatcross

No men the patch is a useless joke to prevent us from being angry, but fact is we are even more angry.

Thanks @Ubi to play with us like that and especially with our money.

As I said earlier it s the last Ubisoft game that I buy. Next will be cracked versions. It s all you deserve, because i preordered this game, the shop i bought at had not the game the november 10th, so i cancelled the order made online and went to another shop that had the game available. What I did was to chat with a Ubi customer service guy to ask him if I could have my preorder bonuses since the version i originally shd have had wasnt available on store the 10th and I had to buy it elsewhere. Guess what ? He said it s impossible we are not responsible for the shop that had not the game. Men I m just asking for my preorder bonus code, not asking for the moon . So frustrating and disappointing....So @Ubi for me it s last game I buy from you !!!!!!!!!!!

• longjohn119
    @longjohn119

Did this newest patch (released November 26)—I forget the number—fix the Aim Assist issues?

Not that I can see. Playing on PS4–assist set to Full—and the patch (which references fixing “various bow aiming issues”) hasn’t done much, if anything. There’s no rune-sorting, nothing changed with the skill tree, some quests are still bugged for people.

Including Aim Assist issues. I was HOPING this patch would fix things with this. But...I can’t see many of the expected fixes or changes.

Thanks for the update, it saves me the frustration of wasting my time with this game update .......

I guess it's back to HZD PC .... 44 1/2 hours into this playthrough and not a single crash or game breaking bug, just a few minor graphics issues here and there .... All the visual settings are maxed out and I'm averaging 77 FPS and I've yet to see it dip below 70 ..... Granted it was a bit of a mess for the first month or so but nothing like Valhalla is ..... This is RDR2 PC bad .....

• TatCross
    18 posts

@longjohn119

HZD had a really good grasp of the bow usage. Arrows could be switched mid-combat. And crafted. The hits felt weighty. And I didn’t have trouble aiming during combat. And the weak spots with the robots were both a challenge, but not impossible to hit. Valhalla’s range combat feels...different from Origins and Odyssey. Or is it just that Valhalla’s lack of aim assist has just...butchered this tool for me?

Maybe. Hard to tell.

I wonder if, next to Unity, this is the buggiest launch of an AC title.

• Fractal009
    63 posts

@tatcross

Worst launch ever indeed

• longjohn119
    @longjohn119

HZD had a really good grasp of the bow usage. Arrows could be switched mid-combat. And crafted. The hits felt weighty. And I didn’t have trouble aiming during combat. And the weak spots with the robots were both a challenge, but not impossible to hit. Valhalla’s range combat feels...different from Origins and Odyssey. Or is it just that Valhalla’s lack of aim assist has just...butchered this tool for me?

Maybe. Hard to tell.

I wonder if, next to Unity, this is the buggiest launch of an AC title.

I do like the bow in HZD but I liked the bow in Odyssey even better ..... I don't know why the hell they made such a huge change in Valhalla for something that wasn't broken and in fact it was the best bow in any game I've played ..... I wasn't like anyone was complaining and if anything they were complaining it was too weak in Odyssey which was true for warrior and assassin builds but if you went full hunter the thing was amazing and fun

Go watch the Merc or Artemis Beasts playlists on my YouTube channel ..... THAT is how this game should work too
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOysgvZQXRKc3_4POuBrmA/playlists

Or this one where I take out the entire Paros Quarry fort plus some extras that rode in without taking any damage

Those were all fun, Valhalla not so much

• TatCross
    18 posts

@longjohn119

Any updates on the Aim Assist brokenness?

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@tatcross
    Nothing in the current patch.

None of the bow assist abilities work for the ps4 as advertised either. They've borrowed the code from odyssey where it did not work on the ps4 either.

• longjohn119

@jsrg1840
    Of course it's not fixed, Ubisoft has yet to admit there is even a problem despite numerous posts here and I filed 3 different complaints with Support and they just shrugged me off all three times and marked my complaint as resolved all three times ......

I guess it's back to Cyberpunk for the time being which may have it's quirks I still haven't experienced a crash and the gunplay works as intended and holy moly does it look good with Ray Tracing if you have the power to run it .... It'll be another generation of graphics cards before there is anything out there to take advantage of the extreme level of Ray Tracing CP2077 has to offer or being satisfied with only 30 FPS ...... It's already had 4 updates with another one coming later this week so the support is there .... Definitely a train wreck on last gen consoles though and not really recommended, I really can't see how they'll be able to nerf it down far enough to run on those clunkers, the CPU power just isn't there

• TatCross
    18 posts

@longjohn119

Shame it hasn’t been addressed.

I’ve been playing Cyberpunk 2077 on last-gen PS4 and, although I’ve had issues with seemingly random crashes/errors, it’s been a pretty good game thus far. Beautiful-looking and the gunplay is fun. No serious, game-breaking glitches. Though I’m not too far into the story, so...things could potentially break at some point. Lol. I’m just glad there’s a few patches coming. Two I think in the coming weeks? This last one was pretty big. But the support is definitely there.

Valhalla too has been pretty buggy in my experience. Random stuck animations, visual glitches. And the aim assist stuff (which has been here from, I want to say, day one?). The patches with Valhalla...I’ve stopped looking at the notes because I know that this issue isn’t going to be addressed. If at all?

• MissM16
    165 posts

I don't know if any of you guys got to this yet, but apparently the Aim Assist isn't broken. It's tied into the bow upgrades. I just finished fully upgrading my bow and now it's finally auto-aiming for me.

It started to auto-aim at objects (just by looking at them) when I upgraded it to Mythical. After I finished the 10 small upgrades on it, it now auto-aims at animals and enemies when I lock on. (I don't know if this matters but I'm using the Hunter Bow)

So apparently Aim Assist isn't broken... Ubi just forgot to tell us we must grind for the full bow upgrade for Eivor to stop aiming at the sky or the ground. 😖

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics