Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Z31Turbo
    7 posts

I'm in the same boat, got the game on day 1 and still haven't been able to play even a second.

I've tried every fix out there and nothing helps. I've had a ticket open with support and only got basically a non-response saying this happens when ubi connect and AC are not installed on the same drive, which they already are.

I've noticed a lot of people are confusing this issue with the infinite splash screen issue, which is a different issue completely. For us, our splash screen crashes instantly.

• Z31Turbo
    7 posts

@trolsopol I had the same issue on the previous version of Windows as well, I updated to 20H2 in hopes it would help and it didn't fix anything. It's definitely a Ubisoft issue.

• emmaj95
    66 posts

@z31turbo Yes, this. I'm hoping those of us with crashing splash screens can get a dedicated thread too. I really, really dont want to get a refund for this game since I have been looking forward to it for months. A fix would make me so freaking happy but if this isnt going to be fixed soon I may have no other choice but to get my money back.

• trolsopol
    Original poster 31 posts

@emmaj95 We can try to keep this thread alive and make it the main one for this type of crash, however i'm not sure how to attract Ubisoft attention, this is one of the longer threads on the forum, looking at the ones from this week, yet no response from Ubisoft here. I'm thinking that they have no idea what could be causing this s*** and just pretend like an ostrich "if we don't talk about it, it will disappear right ?!?!"

• emmaj95
    66 posts

@trolsopol Thats what it feels like. I just boosted my own post from the 11th that never got any sort of response in an effort to get more eyes on the problem. I included an exhaustive list of everything I have tried. I think the most frustrating part is that a lot of people are finding random fixed for this but nothing seems to work for me. My PC is brand new as of this summer, I built it myself in anticipation for this game. So there's no reason for there to be any conflicts on my end I dont think.

• nessanh
    2 posts

This is [censored], so many people having different problems. Get your [censored] together..
    I was so excited to play this game and it launches for 1 second and then pooof nothing. It doesnt even show a crash report or anything so i dont know what the problem is.
    So damn frustrating 👺

• Bbobb182
    2 posts

Its the same for me on xbox I couldnt play the game it kept saying you have to buy this to play it even though I already had it downloaded so I went to sleep woke up the next morning to the game not even being on my xbox anymore

• Z31Turbo
    7 posts

@trolsopol I'm pretty sure they know of the issue, I've seen Ubi responses to much smaller threads that they have known fixes for, but it's pretty clear they don't know what is happening and it's probably going to require a patch on their end.

It would be really nice though if they said something, like we are aware of the issue and looking into it.

I have a 15 year background in IT and wouldn't mind hopping on a Zoom/Webex with an engineer if they would like to look into this and see what is happening.

• Z31Turbo
    7 posts

@bbobb182 This is a very different issue and there are other threads that have solutions to this. I think unfortunately your issue is probably a MS issue and you'll need to contact xbox support.

• nessanh
    2 posts

Like imagine being a big gaming software company without testing their products before releasing it.. SMH

• emmaj95
    66 posts

@z31turbo Exactly, I think communication would be really nice right now. I just want to know if I can ever expect to play this game.

• trolsopol
    Original poster 31 posts

@z31turbo Hey if all it takes is a webex call i'll do it too, but alas that's not it. I spent an hour this morning with the lvl 1 "tech" support and we kept looping over the same things that i had already done, and were documented in my ticket. I've worked in tech support (even though it wasn't for gaming company) before and i know that there is a "script" for basic issues but when there is a 1000 word essay explaining all i've done we can just skip the lvl 1 support, but i guess it doesn't work like that here. Now we just wait i guess. At this point i'm really losing patience and would like to get my money back if the game gets eventually fixed i might try to buy it again, but not for another 2-3 months at least.

• Z31Turbo
    7 posts

@trolsopol Yeah, we're definitely past the tier 1 support stage, we need an engineer who can look at the problem and figure out a patch for it. Assuming they aren't able to reproduce the issue themselves that is.

• Exaudio
    19 posts

@trolsopol Have the exact same problems. Keeping this post alive. This is indeed a different problem than the freezing splash screen. I have also done everything suggested on this forum and by ubi support.
    A statement from Ubi recognizing the problem and a quick patch is what we need asap!

• DeltaO3_CZ
    2 posts

Hi guys.

Same problem since day 0. Posted ticket on day 0, no response. I paid ultimate edition and we get services like this??? Sorry for bad eng. Sooo frustrated

• emmaj95
    66 posts

@exaudio Agreed. 5th day of this and still no patch and no solution

• beaudoinbros
    14 posts

I've been having the same problem on the PC version. All my drivers are up to date. I guess this is the new norm, pay a lot of money for something FUBAR, then wait, wait, wait, wait x infinity for a proper fix🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 At least I'm not the only one in crash hell😜

My PC specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.2Ghz
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    32GB Ram
    1TB Western Digital SSD

• zhead_
    31 posts

I dont have this issue but these 2 steps might help you guys:

• Install latest Windows update
    • Run the game from the same disk where you have the system installed. This one fixed some of the launch issues for some
  • Coolmoedee121
    1 posts

Exact same issue with me posting here to keep thread alive hopefully a fix comes out soon.

• rcmedia69
    4 posts

Same problem here.
    The game either crashes before gameplay begins or freezes and I can't proceed past the first couple of seconds of the game, sometimes the game doesn't load at all.
    The frame rate is incredibly slow and the audio sounds like everything is in slow motion... it's absolutely 100% unplayable in every sense of the word.
    I've done everything Ubisoft recommends as far as troubleshooting the problem (*I uninstalled, re-downloaded, re-installed, verified the game files, cleared the cache etc.... nothing helps).

I'm using a late 2019 model top of the line Acer Nitro 5 with 32 GB GSkill DDR4 Gaming RAM, brand new Western Digital 'Black' PCI Nvme SSD drive, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650, Intel i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHZ.

This computer never has problems with high end games until AC Valhalla.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics