Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• beaudoinbros
    14 posts

@konksling123 不不不 This kind of reminds me when TurboTax 2019 came out earlier this year, it was a complete mess right at tax time不

• Konksling123
    6 posts

@beaudoinbros its crazy that these developers make games for 10+ years but forget to add the "launch" feature lol

• beaudoinbros
    14 posts

@konksling123 Yeah. Probably doesn't help with Covid 19 either. I would assume the QA isn't where it should be with a lot of programmers working from home and whatnot.

Edit: Well, guess I'll have to wait until December 10 for Cyberpunk 2077 to come out. Had that game pre-ordered for a long time. Hopefully CD-Projekt Red does it right

• Konksling123
    6 posts

@beaudoinbros yeah thats true. Its mainly annoying that they just wont come out and say "working on it", just nothing.
    Haha yeah, good luck there. They keep delaying it, which means they actually care about a good release. so its hopeful

• trolsopol
    Original poster 31 posts

@babooshka_ Last update was that my issue is escalated and i'll be contacted back, that was 3 days ago.so not much so far

• emmaj95
    66 posts

@trolsopol Though my ticket has been open for four days it was only just escalated yesterday. Hoping that if enough people have their tickets escalated it can get figured out. I'm not a game developer but I would think that immediate game crashes would be high on the priority list in terms of bugs.

• HECTIC_I3EASTZz
    4 posts

At least I am not the only one. Been waiting for a response to my ticket for 4 days now as well which is lovely.

Seems we all have the same problem which is somewhat reassuring. My version of this is that I freeze on the epilepsy warning page which is just phenomenal... it is the first page after the game loads up!

My specs:

Intel Core i7 10700K 8 Core
    DUAL RTX 2070 SUPER EVO Advanced 8GB
    16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

• emmaj95
    66 posts

@hectic_i3eastzz I wish I could get that far! Mine crashes before it even goes full screen.

• HawkSE
    9 posts

I have had an ongoing Support Ticket, though nothing I've tried has worked EXCEPT one thing, which is not viable:

Install Ubisoft Connect + AC Valhalla onto the Windows SSD. This doesn't work for me due to my Windows SSD being *just* for that, and nothing else. I immediately ran out of space testing this.

This is what Support told me today, and I could not be more upset at this response:

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Customer Support. I will be assisting you today.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
    If the game works when it is installed on the drive with windows then at this time we would have no further troubleshooting as we recommend the game be installed on the same drive to have the best communication with the operating system.
  • emmaj95
    66 posts

@hawkse The thing is, mine IS installed on the drive with Windows. And it still doesn't work.

• beaudoinbros
    14 posts

@emmaj95 Mine is too, in fact all my games are on my system drive (1TB SSD) When Assassin's Creed Odyssey was released, I had ZERO issues with it. Maybe Microsoft will buy out Ubisoft too like they did Zenimax and make some improvements

• emmaj95
    66 posts

@beaudoinbros I just reinstalled Odyssey to test and see if it would still work. I left Ubi Connect on my C drive and downloaded Odyssey on my NVME. Booted up just fine. Definitely a problem with Valhalla specifically.

• beaudoinbros
    14 posts

Just for fun, I sent Ubisoft a series of crash reports this morning, I tried to launch Valhalla multiple times (probably 9 or 10 times, I lost count不不) I know it won't do any good, but it's my way of saying this game doesn't work

• Staky000
    9 posts

I know most people aren't willing to do this, but I did a full reset of my computer and it works flawlessly after having the same issue as a lot of you.

Just a though, depends how desperate you are.

For me, it was about time anyway, just backed up a few folders on Onedrive beforehand.

• emmaj95
    66 posts

@staky000 I think youre the second person to have suggested this. Did you have it delete all of your files as well, or just reset Windows?

• trolsopol
    Original poster 31 posts

@staky000 Wait you did a full windows reinstall ?! Yeah F that. I'm not going to do it for one game. Everything else works just fine, the issue is not with my windows installation.

• prmax007
    3 posts

Same issue. Created a ticket with support, they replied, tried their suggestions and still it hangs on the splash screen. Tried the other fix with the sympolic link for the sound and video files, no go. Replied to support and hopefully they escalate. Weird, I can play Far Cry New Dawn with no issues. It will have to hold me until the fix this crap they put out.

• alessio0212
    4 posts

same problem. i tried to launch odysey and origins, both crashes.
    it worked fine 2 days ago!

• kewin20
    2 posts

Same issue..

Windows insider latest,
    3600X, 5700XT, 16GB 3200mhz, SSD.

Nothing works, tried about 10 solutions, even the junctions one.

The .txt logs don't provide much either, also the breport files are binary it seems.

CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE A BETTER .DUMP FILE FOR THE MORE TECHNICAL PEOPLE??

Anyway, thanks for investigating.

• alessio0212
    4 posts

hm, i have windows insider as well

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics