Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    Original poster 776 posts

Calling in the troops doesn't seem to work correctly nor does the Aim Assist for the bow ..... Having to change bows is clunky as hell and you have to do it a lot because you are always running out of arrows and can't craft new ones ..... The bows are a major downgrade from Odyssey and even Origin where you could at least switch between 2 bows easily without have to pause in battle and go to a menu which completely kills immersion

It took me at least 6 tries with the horn before I could get any assistance .... Luckily I found out that releasing prisoners will give you some assistance in battle but afterwards they all run off and won't give you any assistance in the looting

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

@longjohn119 Hey, thank you for contacting us!

I will try to cover each of your points -

• Arrows can't be crafted however they can pick them back up, and they are often plentiful in cities & towns. As your character develops you will learn new bow skills and do more damage overall, however there will be times where you need to get up close and personal.
    • What do you currently have Aim Assist set to please?
    • I understand your feedback regarding switching bows. I can forward this as a suggestion to our team.
    • I wasn't able to see your use of the horn but it's a 20 minute video which I'm unable to watch fully. Can you please provide me with timestamps when the horn was used?

We'll do our best to help!

Official Response
  • longjohn119
    @longjohn119 Hey, thank you for contacting us!

I will try to cover each of your points -

• Arrows can't be crafted however they can pick them back up, and they are often plentiful in cities & towns. As your character develops you will learn new bow skills and do more damage overall, however there will be times where you need to get up close and personal.
    • What do you currently have Aim Assist set to please?
    • I understand your feedback regarding switching bows. I can forward this as a suggestion to our team.
    • I wasn't able to see your use of the horn but it's a 20 minute video which I'm unable to watch fully. Can you please provide me with timestamps when the horn was used?

We'll do our best to help!

Yes they can but that doesn't help in the heat of battle and with only 18 arrows and just about that many enemies plus the fact the Aim Assist is completely broken that doesn't really help much ...... I've tried all 4 settings Full, Partial, Light and off and they all exhibit the same behavior or basically off .....

This should start you out at the first time I blow the horn ..... no one showed up but by accident I found I could free prisoners and they would fight for me but after everyone was finished off they all ran away and so did any new prisoners I released so I could get any assistance breaking down a door ..... I blew the horn 5 or 6 more times after the battle before they finally appeared

• Ubi-Raziel

@longjohn119 I appreciate you getting back to me!

I will test the aim assist in my spare time and try it. I'm wondering if this is a bug or if the change is slight 🙂

I'm still unable to see the horn being blown. The video redirects me to 4:18, is that right?

Rough timestamps for each horn blow would be great, then I can send that straight to our developers.

Official Response
  • longjohn119

@ubi-raziel
    Trust me it's a bug ..... Go over and check out my YouTube page and you'll see I mastered the archer/hunter builds in Odyssey ... All the Artemis beasts in 10 - 30 seconds ..... Mercs up to 21 levels above me ..... 38 mercs in 38 minutes on the Elis/Arkadia border ..... I've done all 5 rounds in the arena with nothing but a bow and bare fists ...... I know very well how the bows work in AC and this ain't right

https://www.youtube.com/view_all_playlists?nv=1

• Ubi-Raziel

@longjohn119

I understand that, when reporting an issue to our dev team we try to provide as much information as possible. Once I experience it first hand, I will be able to give more input.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Official Response
  • longjohn119

@ubi-raziel
    I'll see if I can get you some time stamps for the video but I probably won't have time to get to it until tomorrow night ...... I had to deal with a backed up sewer line today

2020 - If it ain't one thing it's another .......

• longjohn119

@ubi-raziel

OK I have some timestamps and also a suggestion that would make the arrow problem a bit easier ...

Timestamps 6:50, 14:00, 14:27, 16:45, 17:30, 20:05 and finally at 21:00 I blow the horn and the troops finally respond

I got to thinking, in Odyssey even with the ability to craft arrows I go for days without ever crafting any. In the first half of the game when wood is precious for ship upgrades I never fully craft arrows I always leave 5 -10 arrows so I don't waste wood. The reason that worked was I was always able to keep my quiver mostly full raiding forts and I figured how why that isn't working for me in Vahalla and how to remedy the problem which shouldn't be too difficult

In Odyssey I get most of my arrows from weapons racks and I'm easily able to find them as I go using the Revelations ability, Odyssey's equivalent to Odin's Sight ...... The difference is Revelations tags the weapons racks while Odin's Sight doesn't. If the Devs could make Odin's Sight tag the arrow caches like the enemy NPCs and chests then they would be a lot easier to find and use in the heat of battle and while moving stealthily through a monastery or fort

• TatCross
    18 posts

@longjohn119

also having issues with Aim Assist. Even set on Full, there’s no auto lock onto targets. Still have to manually aim the reticle and shoot. It becomes a mess in battle and hunting? Becomes impossible.

Changed it to Partial—thinking there was a difference I was missing. That maybe I’d notice a change.

No change. Similar result.

So the Aim Assist options are, currently, pretty broken. I hope this gets looked into.

• longjohn119
    @longjohn119

also having issues with Aim Assist. Even set on Full, there’s no auto lock onto targets. Still have to manually aim the reticle and shoot. It becomes a mess in battle and hunting? Becomes impossible.

Changed it to Partial—thinking there was a difference I was missing. That maybe I’d notice a change.

No change. Similar result.

So the Aim Assist options are, currently, pretty broken. I hope this gets looked into.

I also tried all 4 settings back when I was still in Norway ..... There is no difference, it's completely broken .... At first I thought maybe they changed it so it works like in HZD where it doesn't lock but the arrow will curve a bit so you still hit the sweet spot or get a headshot ..... But it's not and in fact I'm playing HZD right now and I'm just tearing it up because now I know what to get, when to get it and which machines are susceptible to the different attacks ....

I do love a good bow and while HZD is pretty good nothing beats the bows and abilities in AC Odyssey .... I was expecting a lot more than what I'm seeing in Valhalla and I'm already tired of full frontal assault brawling at every fort or monastery ..... There is just no real strategy involved at least in the early stages, it's just run in and chop people up with an axe .... I'm not at all looking forward to the boss fights if that's how it's going to work

• longjohn119
    @ubi-raziel

OK I have some timestamps and also a suggestion that would make the arrow problem a bit easier ...

Timestamps 6:50, 14:00, 14:27, 16:45, 17:30, 20:05 and finally at 21:00 I blow the horn and the troops finally respond

I got to thinking, in Odyssey even with the ability to craft arrows I go for days without ever crafting any. In the first half of the game when wood is precious for ship upgrades I never fully craft arrows I always leave 5 -10 arrows so I don't waste wood. The reason that worked was I was always able to keep my quiver mostly full raiding forts and I figured how why that isn't working for me in Vahalla and how to remedy the problem which shouldn't be too difficult

In Odyssey I get most of my arrows from weapons racks and I'm easily able to find them as I go using the Revelations ability, Odyssey's equivalent to Odin's Sight ...... The difference is Revelations tags the weapons racks while Odin's Sight doesn't. If the Devs could make Odin's Sight tag the arrow caches like the enemy NPCs and chests then they would be a lot easier to find and use in the heat of battle and while moving stealthily through a monastery or fort

Looks like going to the trouble of providing time stamps was another complete waste of my time ........

• TatCross
    18 posts

@longjohn119

Maybe. It seems, from their list, (and it’s long) like they’re going after the game-breaking bugs first. Quests that aren’t responding like they should. Screen tearing. Bad audio/visual glitches. This is just one of many—granted, a large one, as it concerns player accessibility. Which is vital, I think. But it seems like they’re trying to fix a ton.

I’m not saying this shouldn’t be on the list of priorities (it should) but...this is just one of many problems. And if they get to it or not? Remains to be seen. The lack of acknowledgment bothers me too.

• longjohn119

@tatcross
    For me no Aim Assist is the mother of all game breaking bugs, so game breaking I haven't played the game since last Friday and won;t until it is fixed ...... I managed to work around the other bugs but there is no work around for this

• TatCross
    18 posts

@longjohn119

Yeah it is a pretty game-breaking thing. Especially for those with a disability or who just want more control over how that system works. Surprising, because the rest of the options seem fine. Never had an accessibility option of a game just completely break like this.

• longjohn119

@tatcross
    Actually the list is long but the number of bugs isn't ..... All the bugs list as "unable to progress" are actually just one bug ..... I suspect it has something to do with Ubisoft Connect and how they "hooked" the game when they added it .... That's would also explain why none of these bugs showed up during testing because they most likely did all the testing without Ubisoft Connect added to the game ...... There is something in the code they added to the game for Ubisoft Connect that is causing problems just like it caused all the rewards to disappear in Odyssey ...... Unfortunately they are probably looking for the problem everywhere but in the Ubisoft Connect code because the team coding Valhalla isn't the same as the team that coded Connect ..... We saw a similar thing happen in Odyssey with the Atlantis DLC and RX 5700 graphics cards ..... The team that was trying to fix the problem (The team that coded Odyssey) wasn't the same team that coded the DLC and it took them about 3 months to finally fix it and I'd bet they they finally kicked it back to the original team before they finally got it fixed ..... In a project this large trying to figure out someone else's code and how it is affecting your code is an exercise in futility ......

Suggested Topics