Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Gr8ful_Deed
    21 posts

@ubi-borealis

thanks for the lack of any tangible information. Good to see the media is taking notice of this broken game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2021/03/16/ac-valhalla-bug/

Respect your customers and refund us for this broken game YOU sold us!

• FastSmitty
    27 posts

@gr8ful_deed I like how Ubi wont issue a refund but other services will, obviously Ubi doesnt value its customers.... will never buy an Ubi game ever again.... thank god there is other game makers.....

• Gr8ful_Deed
    21 posts

@fastsmitty

Nope. PSN wont provide a refund unless the content is faulty, and Ubisoft refuses to admit their content is faulty.

How having a game breaking bug for 4 months and counting isn’t faulty is beyond me. Unfortunately this gong show of a game hasn’t got enough press to require them to do anything about these issues.

• FreakzHS
    13 posts

Hello,

Can we have some update about this bug ?
    95% of the game, on the verge of getting 100% and all the achievements (missing 3 because of it...),all what's left is Jotunheim where I cannot go to.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 869 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience. I can see that these issues are still being investigated. I went ahead and checked each status for you:

• "Defeat the Builder" objective does not complete
      • Comments: I can see that the team are still working on this issue and collecting save files for this issue in order to reproduce it and resolve it. Once we have more details, we will surely let all of you know to keep you updated!
    • Unable to complete "Search for the Builder's paints"
      • Comments: As @Ubi-Borealis previously mentioned, this issue has been reopened and I can see that the development team is currently looking into this issue. As an update, we do not require more save files, as the team received enough data for the investigation purposes 🙂 I'll keep you updated on this one as soon as I gather more info from the development team!

@bronx516 - I'm really sorry for the disappointment caused by this. However, we are looking into this and we will provide everyone with an update as soon as we get one. Thank you for your understanding!

@FreakzHS - Thank you for your update. I'm really sorry that your achievements are affected by these issues. We are monitoring the updates from the development team currently and as soon as there's one, we will update this megathread.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • FreakzHS
    13 posts

@ubi-mark

Hello,

Thanks for keeping us up to date.
    I don't have an achievement issue, I just can't get the 3 remaining ones simply because I can't get to Jötunheim.

I'll just spend my free time on older ACs, there are plenty to do.

• daboubou
    1 posts

Hello, I've defeated the builder, and nothing seemed to trigger after the fight.
    I have fast travelled out of the tower since I was stuck in there.
    The mission seems to still say 'Defeat the builder' and, not only is the builder no longer there, but I cannot even get back into the tower.
    What would you recommend I do? I don't want to reload save since I've played for hours since the only save I have from before the fight.

• FastSmitty
    27 posts

@daboubou congratulations.... welcome to the club... if you couldn't tell this has been an issue since the game released..... and the Ubisoft is not doing anything to rectify the issue.... You may as well give up at this moment... i hit this issue in December and they say "Devs are working on it".... bruh they aren't working on anything..... if they are send one legitimate developer to come on here and tell us what is going on....all the @ubi's are trash..... I feel like if they were working on it... it would be fixed by now... if they are working on it... who ever they are paying to "fix" it would be fired..... i cant go to my job and just not work..... but Ubi Devs can.... maybe i should get a job there.

• bronx516
    24 posts

@daboubou i suggest you reload that save skip that mission and do other things that dont have anything to do with that area of teh game until its fixed or you will stay stuck and not able to play the game with no refunds or helpful support at least you will be able to enjoy what the game has to offer aside from this mission.

i been waiting for a fix since november and like the other person said noone at ubisoft is addressing the issue each patch update fails to fix this issue so some of us has no choice but to either youtube the game or give up entirely and move onto other non ubisoft games...

• Dotjep0etskatoe
    1 posts

I have defeated the builder, but nothing is happening now.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2207 posts

Hello all!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences with "The Big Finish." I would like to provide you all with an update on the status of investigations taking place with this quest:

• Comments: The development team are still looking into this issue further, and are collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please could you open a support ticket and submit your save for further investigation.
      • Comments: The development team intend to resolve this issue in a future update. We don't yet have a definite ETA for this. As soon as we have more definite information, this will be shared in this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@daboubou & @Dotjep0etskatoe - I'm sorry to hear you're unable to progress after defeating The Builder. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us. I've passed this along to the development team.

@FastSmitty - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry for any disappointment that has been caused. The development team is looking into "The Big Finish" further. Please note that the player support team are unable to share unconfirmed details from an investigation, such as fixes or ETAs when there are not available. As soon as we have more information to share from the development team, we try our best to let you know as soon as we're able to. The development team do not post in the forums. If you'd like to learn more about the internal development processes, I would recommend taking a look at the recent Dev Blog.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Gr8ful_Deed
    21 posts

@ubi-borealis

so what you are saying is despite the development team releasing several large game patches and numerous in game events since this was first reported in November, they have not got around to fixing game breaking bugs that effects a select number of customers. Awesome. I am deleting this game and done with buying products from Ubisoft.

• Ubi-Borealis

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way, @Gr8ful_Deed. Please be assured that the development team are investigating "The Big Finish," and the issues that have been reported in relation to this quest further. I understand that it was not the response you were hoping for. Once we have any more new information to share from the investigations, it will be posted within this thread or in the News & Announcements forum.

If you haven't already checked out the recent Dev Blog, I would recommend doing so as this gives more insight into the development process and how investigations are carried out.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • bronx516
    24 posts

@gr8ful_deed on top of that expansion dlc 1 is coming out so even a bigger screw us for waiting for a fix i suggest asking for money back or class action lawsuits at this point or delete the game and forget ubisoft exists just add the feature to restart mission that would fix the issue your older games did it why remove it? just add it back so we can move on

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello @bronx516,

We had raised feedback regarding a reset / restart quest option to the developers before, however it has been confirmed that such an option will not be implemented in the future. Here is what was said:

Due to the structure of quests within the game, a "reset/restart quest" feature is not feasible at this stage of development. While some quests and world events allow you to walk away or reload your save in order to reset them, this is not the case for every instance within Valhalla. We strongly recommend regularly adding manual saves, especially before and after pivotal moments, to ensure you have backup states to revert to if needed.

Please rest assured that the issues with The Big Finish that this megathread concerns remains under investigation and we'll share news as soon as possible. If you have any additional feedback to share, or any concerns or questions, you're welcome to send that our way for us to look at with you.

Finally, regarding your mention of a legal dispute - we are unable to advise with regard to these, and must ask that you contact your legal representative in all matters such as this. They will be able to advise and reach out to the right people within Ubisoft if that is your wish.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • FreakzHS
    13 posts

Hello,

Just wanted to keep this thread alive because I really want this game to be finished (I mean 100% for me).
    Farming opals to get the Hel outfit.

Is there anything we/I can do in order to get this problem solved faster ?

Kind Regards,

• FastSmitty
    27 posts

@freakzhs it will never get fixed.... they dont care enough

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with some updates on the status of ongoing investigations:

• Comments: The development team intend to resolve this issue in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for this. As soon as we have more definite information, this will be shared in this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.
      • Comments: The development team intend to resolve this issue in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for this. As soon as we have more definite information, this will be shared in this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@FreakzHS - Thank you for the offer! The development team no longer requires any additional information as part of the ongoing investigation. Once we have more updates regarding the future fixes, these will be shared within this thread as soon as we're able to.

@FastSmitty - I assure you that the team has been treating these investigations seriously, and that the development team have been working on finding out what has been potentially causing issues in "The Big Finish." We hope to be able to provide more information about these fixes soon!

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • FreakzHS
    13 posts

@fastsmitty I don't want to believe this, I know that the end of this is really important regarding the lore and I don't want to miss it (also don't want to spoil myself).

@Ubi-Borealis Thank you for the news!

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome, @FreakzHS 😄 We hope to have more news regarding "The Big Finish" to share with you as soon as we're able to.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics