Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 103 posts

@drjono Hey! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. What is the name of this quest?

Also are you able to provide a video of this issue?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2131 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes for "The Big Finish" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The list of fixes includes the following issues:

• "Defeat the Builder" objective does not complete
    •  Unable to complete "Search for the Builder's paints"

If you are still encountering issues with "The Big Finish" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue that you are still experiencing in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • DrJono
    12 posts

@ubi-viral it’s called The Big Finish

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 103 posts

@drjono Thank you for that. Are you able to provide a video of this issue?

Official Response
  • Gr8ful_Deed
    21 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DrJono
    12 posts

@ubi-viral

hope these are ok

:::

• Gr8ful_Deed
    21 posts

@ubi-woofer

Same issue as most other folks now. No, the patch did not fix it. 

My game has soft blocked on "The Big Finish" quest. After defeating the builder, no cut scene was triggered, so I was just stuck in the cage. I was able to fast travel to another Asgard location, but that appeared to do more harm than good as now all of my quick saves start at the fast travel location. The option to wake-up is greyed out because the game still thinks I am in the fight. My next earliest hard save was 10 hours previous. I have tried dying and walking back to the tower, but nothing seems to trigger the cutscene or end the quest. I haven’t been able to play this game for three weeks now.

Will not likely buy anything new from Ubisoft in the future as this has turned into a big waste of money and time. 

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@FastSmitty Thanks for providing these additional details, and a video of your own. 🙂 I've opened a new investigation into "The Big Finish" specifically for the "defeat the builder" objective, as this definitely appears to be a separate new issue. As soon as I hear more, I'll let everyone know!

@Gr8ful_Deed Your video and the information you have provided is also much appreciated, and has been added to the new investigation I have opened! If I hear back from the developers, I'll update this thread.

To everyone who was previously affected by the issue with bringing the paints to the builder - if any of you could confirm that the fix we implemented in 1.1.0 worked for you, that would be amazing! 🙂

Official Response
  • bronx516
    24 posts

@ubi-woofer so for us who are still bugged and have to wait for a patch and cant play the game at all can we get the yule season items as a gift cuz its not fair that we cant even participate in the event that ends on the 7th of january if a patch isnt out by then

• jraven00
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer after patch 1.1.0 I was able to progress with picking up the paint and finished Asguard and the rest of the trophies for the game.

• DrJono
    12 posts

Any update?

• wowo213
    12 posts

I have the same bug in this mission as others. The new patch didn't fix anything for me. I do not remember under what circumstances it went bad, because I continued playing. I finished the story today and came back to see if anything had changed, but as you can see in the video I recorded, you can't finish this mission

Ubisoft please fix this. Looking at 1 post, the problem with this mission has been around for several months

• wowo213
    12 posts

I can't edit post but here the video in 60 fps

• bronx516
    24 posts

so much for a xmas miracle am i right? lol thanks for ruining xmas for fans ubisoft lol

• Knotai420
    2 posts

I had the quest activated, got the paint only to realize that I’m not strong enough to fight the boss. Loaded a previous save and thought I would just clear out Asgard of all the mysteries and wealth. Got them all except the wealth in the room with the paint. Loki won’t follow me to the red door anymore so I end up bashing my own shoulder against the door forever and never get any help to open it. Now when I activate the quest, the marker doesn’t show, Loki doesn’t help and I can’t open the door to get the paint or the last shard. [censored], Ubisoft? Please fix it.

• Knotai420
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Gr8ful_Deed
    21 posts

@ubi-woofer

Just following up on this. I realize something will be posted when the developers get to it, but it has been a month now and this bug has broken the game. I would have expected more from Ubisoft by this point.

• FatefulBear921
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • FatefulBear921
    4 posts

For those who get stuck on the quest after killing the boss, there are now loading points set at various points of this quest, I was able to reload the boss fight and get past the glitch. I suspect there are new load points for the paint parts too judging by the time stamps. This will help any people newly running into the bugs on this questline, but may not help those already bugged out from before.

• skippymagictoad
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • bronx516
    24 posts

@gr8ful_deed

Yea they should full test their games before releasing i never had breaking bugs before origins cuz back then they played every lil part over before release only funny lil bugs like horses in the ocean or falling from the sky. sure an open world as advanced as it is now is hard to find all the bugs but its a mission not just roaming the map.. so yea fix it ubisoft or people will just skip your games and then you will wonder why the budgets are getting lower and lower.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics