Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jfkflevoland
    Original poster 10 posts

I have completed the first two regions now, and unfortunately I have to say that so far I found the experience to be very tedious, and this is coming from someone who actually likes the viking period. Everything seems to be too monotome, long-winded, going on forever. I can't form an attachment to the characters because I find them to be boring, ugly and talking too much (thank goodness for being able to skip dialogue one sentence at the time, I can read the subtitles faster than they can speak them). I am also greatly irritated by the forced diversity. The landscape has the opposite problem: it all looks the same. If we would often switch from Norway to England, and perhaps also go to places like France, Iceland and Russia, that would be an improvement. I do not like the compass bar or whatever you want to call it: it constantly feels like I'm struggling to figure out where to go whereas in ACII or Rogue for instance it felt smooth and natural.

I do like the monastry raidings and town upgrading, but I would enjoy the latter better if it was filled with people I actually gave a damn about. Finding some of the hidden treasures was also rather fun.

I'll continue to see if I find something else to like further into the game, but so far I found this game to be a great disappointment.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Netspook
    287 posts

@jfkflevoland
    As for places, we won't be able to go to Iceland or Russia, but we will go to Ireland (first expansion) and Paris (second exp.). In addition, we will also be visiting Asgard, Jotunheim and Vinland.

Personally, I wouldn't have added Ireland to the game. Iceland would be far more suitable considering how important it is in the viking sagas.

• jfkflevoland
    Original poster 10 posts

I have to say something else about monastery raiding: I said I liked it but now I realize I was too eager to look for things to enjoy...

It's great to jump off a longship, sound the horn and then rush into town where the villagers are fleeing in terror, but that rush and excitement quickly dessolves when I again have to struggle with the map and the compass to figure out where the loot is I am after and then have to spend 15 minuts to figure out how to get into a closed off building, (I said I liked finding hidden treasures - yes, when I am faffing around in the countryside at my leasure, not when I'm in the rush of raiding a monastery) and that's even without encountering a glitch were the crew is too lazy to help me unboxing the loot (who thought it was a good idea to have a box were you need to wait for an NPC to show up to open it? What were they thinking?).
    There is also no real finality to completing the raid. Why can't we do this raiding in the way you capture a ship or fort in Rogue?: Kill this guy, kill those guys, destroy those things, done, you got the loot.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@jfkflevoland

I understand, Im just not feeling the love for any of it at the moment, raiding for me is only a means to an end, its a way to build my village but Im reluctant to do it otherwise, running up to these momastries, attacking for no reason only supplies, feels like Im playing the bad guy here. No great weapons to be found or new armours to get excited about, no reson to do such a heinous act as murdering these people, only just to build my tattoo parlour. 😞

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics