ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2385 posts

Thanks for confirming this @b00msie !

I can see that this has been raised to the team already, regarding the Microsoft Store's listing as this is causing a lot of confusion.

At this moment in-time, Dutch is not a supported language in-game.

As the investigation is still ongoing we cannot yet confirm if there are any plans to add this localization into the game so please watch this space for more information as and when it becomes available.

Sorry for the confusion and any inconvenience caused by the store listings, these are also being looked into to prevent any more misinformation.

And if there's anything more we can help with in the meantime, please let us know, thank you!

Official Response
  • victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@daiblohel666 kost waarschijnlijk te veel geld om voor 2 landen de game te vertalen.

• B00MSIE
    397 posts

@victoruchiha82

Riekt erg naar oplichting. Nederlands staat nog steeds op de gewone Microsoft Store onder ondersteunde talen:

@ubi-theberry

Dutch is at this moment mentioned as supported in the Dutch Microsoft store

https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/p/assassins-creed-valhalla/9p4njfh17mrt?activetab=pivot:overviewtab: (https://microsoft.com/nl-nl/p/assassins-creed-valhalla/9p4njfh17mrt?activetab=pivot:overviewtab)

• pesto.
    260 posts

I’m just sad that there’s no Scandinavian options… in a game about Scandinavians.

I was looking forward to maybe learning some Norwegian or Swedish or even having the game use modern regional dialects and subtitles. So Eivor and clan would speak Norwegian amongst themselves then conversing with brits they would deal with translators or working through common language such as Latin, or broken English. It could have made for some interesting interactions having to deal with the language barrier and learning to cope in a new land, heck a sub-game could have involved learning the language in some way (e.g. like glyphs in Returnal) and opportunities cropping up as a result such as overhearing conversations that now make sense that describe where treasure is or a start a mission. Seems an opportunity lost, it’s not as if Scandi drama doesn’t switch languages constantly.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2385 posts

Hey @b00msie

We are aware that the Microsoft Store does still list Dutch as an available language.

At the moment we can't confirm if there are plans to remove the language listing or add in further Dutch language support to the game, but these avenues are being considered.

When there's more information available, we'll let you all know here.

Thanks guys!

Official Response
  • Sheraiin
    1 posts

@ubi-theberry Any news on this... since this was from day one the reason i bought all assasins creed games, and the only one i didn't buy is because of this.. no dutch subs. And of all creed games this one (vikings) has relations to our history. It's a dissapointment and i'll will stay away (and will advise my friends) from future AC games as well as long as they drop the dutch subs/interfaces.

Suggested Topics