Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • bug glitch 4594
    pc 3430
    0 Likes/13 Replies/118 Views
    n3mur1t0r
    Original poster 7 posts

For the Skal to Your Wealth mystery in Ledecestrescire, you have to gather lichen and kill a bear.
    The bear doesn't spawn for me, no matter what I do - fast travel back and forth, meditate etc.
    I'm playing on PC.

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Luxorianin
    11 posts

@n3mur1t0r
    Same problem i got

• guest-DCWjVmeF
    3 posts

I also can't complete this quest due to the bear not spawning in the AT ALL sense. I even tried fast traveling back to Norway to kill Polar Bears hoping that those would drop the item needed, and a great big no to that after killing a few bears.

Side note: I'm on PS4 with this issue.

• NotoriousRonan
    2 posts

@guest-dcwjvmef I'm PS4 getting the same issue also.

• n3mur1t0r
    Original poster 7 posts

Yeah polar bears are different from brown bears.

I found other brown bears in the mean time (later in the game), but sadly they do not drop the item, so it has to be THAT bear specifically.

• csahendriks
    18 posts

These world events are bugfests. When I did this event the bear was nowhere to be seen, then suddenly glitched into existence as I approached the cave. Almost killed me too. Ubisoft needs to patch in a way for players to manually force reset these events in case things go wrong -- and things go wrong a LOT in this glitchfest of a game.

• Szyszyszki
    1 posts

Hello everyone. I will describe how I managed to solve this problem, maybe it will be useful to someone and it will work. (played on ps4).
    -I saved a game near in town on a viewpoint,
    -Uninstalled and reinstalled the game,
    -Loaded the save,
    -I ran straight to the client to hear the task again,
    -After listening to the content of the quest, I ran to the cave, there was no bear, but credit to the east of the cave lies his dead body. It turned out that the bear was killed by wild boars or by people from the area. You have to search the area next to the cave thoroughly. It is hard to see. It is not visible to the raven. You only see a small pile of hair. I advise you to look east and other directions, maybe you also have his dead body lying somewhere. After approaching the body, I collected the necessary things and was able to return to the client and finish the quest

• knezevic_123
    3 posts

Same here, no bear(PS4)

• Rilian0
    1 posts

I'm having this same issue (PC), except that I accidentally killed the bear myself before picking up the quest. The bear's corpse keeps respawning (as a corpse) when I fast travel away and back, but it never has the required loot on it and it never respawns alive.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

@rilian0 Sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue.

Could you provide a video of this happening in your game, so I can send it off to the team for investigation?

Official Response
  • n3mur1t0r
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-swaggins really? are my picture and the other replies not enough? this is a known issue since the game's launch, what more proof do you need?

• guest-DCWjVmeF
    3 posts

@ubi-swaggins After starting a new game due to major bug issues with the first play through I got back to this Mystery and noticed that the bear ran off from it's spawn area chasing one of the deer in the area. I killed it as it hit the main road between it's spawn point and the house where the Mystery starts at. I also noticed that during this Mystery the Auto-Save function seems to be hanging up. It was taking much longer than normal, and one of the files showed up as "Corrupted Data" in the load screen. I noticed because of continuous checking save data, and saving throughout this Mystery since I had had such major issues with it the first time around due to the bear not appearing.

• SedulousOkami
    1 posts

I am also having this issue on PC.

I had killed the bear and looted it before starting the Mystery Quest. The body of the bear has remained there ever since and has not respawned. No other bear will drop the item. I keep returning to the quest bear every time I play, just to check if maybe it will respawn but nothing yet.

Community details

Users
Topics