ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SurrealBlues
    Original poster 4 posts

Hello 🙂

My Jomsviking constantly has a mark of a rune above his head and it doesn't go away. If I am on the other side of the map and my Jomsviking is on the opposite, the marker will still be on my screen. I've tried reloading, quitting, verifying the game files, going on raids and so on.

It happend after the quest "Tilting the Balance". When I was going to chase after Lady Aethelswith, I summoned my vikings to create a distraction while I chased after her. When they are summoned, they get a mark over their head to show where they are, and I didn't go to them. So when I completed the quest, something must've happened that made the marker not disappear and made it permanent.

What momentarily worked was summoning my viking on land, and go to them. The marker disappears, but once it's over and I go back to my longboat/travel to another location/quit the game, it reappears.

Please take a look at this because it's distracting and annoying to have a marker that's always there.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Vakco
    4 posts

Having the very same issue. From time to time, a jomsviking does have that grey rune symbol and it never vanishes. Worse : a bugged jomviking's rune can be seen from miles away. I was in East-Anglia and I was still seeing the rune through the entire map. Pretty annoying.

• Noobreleased
    1 posts

Same happening to me on ps4 as well

• falo2k
    23 posts

It's even worse than this. I'm getting the symbol pop up on new recruitable jomsvikings from other players when they show up in a city, which means through absolutely no action of my own there's suddenly this display marker appearing in the city somewhere. Apparently we can't have direct markers on enemies or target waypoints any more, but this rubbish is acceptable.

• chaosandcoffee
    94 posts

yep. i have the same bug, posted about it along with a couple other Jomsviking bugs, pretty annoying.

• SurrealBlues
    Original poster 4 posts

@Vakco @Noobreleased @falo2k @chaosandcoffee Current fix I've found.

1. Unequip different armor/weapons from your Jomsviking and see if it goes away. I unequipped the bow from my Jomsviking and apperently gear/weapons that has a status effect, it causes a marker to appear over their head.
    2. Go into settings under interface, and toggle off "Enemy info". Can be helpful if you've recruited other Jomsvikings which you cannot customize. BUT you do not get to see enemy hp/stagger and level. I kinda liked this after awhile and still have it off because it felt more immersive not to see the enemy's HP. The HP bar is still there for boss battles though

Hope this helps Drengirs! 😉

• chaosandcoffee
    94 posts

@surrealblues
    aha! i had a bow equipped with "grant extra attack when at full health" seeing as he was always at full health it was always showing up. weird that it shows you in the first place, but oh well, fixed now. thanks so much!

• SurrealBlues
    Original poster 4 posts

@chaosandcoffee Good to hear 😄

• burns26
    2 posts

@surrealblues I also have this bug now.....Can't seem to get rid of it just a permanent marker ruining my immersion.

I also still can't get my third and final reindeer antler....

Other than that though mostly minor bugs.

Suggested Topics