Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RazzakTar
    Original poster 3 posts

You can remove all the fog by spending skills and resetting all skill to "unlock" the whole tree and plan builds properly but when you relog the fog returns.

It's incredibly annoying and there's no reason for it. The fog should simply be removed.

Otherwise I'm loving Valhalla!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GuardianOZ
    11 posts

Yeah. Had the same cleared the fog. Re log, Back again.

Why use grey on grey, they hide the paths in the art work. Or worse the Art work appears to create a valid path that is not there when you spend the points.

Give me a "Hide Art work and Stars"
    Why not make a bigger colour coded ring around the skills by type.
    Easy to find, easy to plan.

• AnvilCassini
    2 posts

I agree. The fog should be removed. It serves no purpose.
    It'd be ok if we removed the fog once and it would stay gone, but it doesn't.

No one wants to spend the time removing the fog every time one logs on for the first time.
    Please Ubisoft, patch it out and let us plan our builds in peace. 😃

Loving Valhalla so far!

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

Also let us select multiple nodes to unlock at once, or choose a distant skill to unlock where it automatically fills in the required nodes. Holding down X on each and every node is extremely tedious. Especially when you're at power level 250+.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

Yup, I dislike not knowing what skills I'm progressing towards.

• dlmthree
    77 posts

Power cap is 340 so it should be enough to unlock everything (I haven't counted all the nodes so I might be wrong, it's just a feeling).

If that is the case, I can't see the problem. My priority has been to unlock the whole tree picking up skills that really interested me on the way. I am around 120 and I can see the whole tree (and I never felt gimped, on the contrary I am ahead of my quest lvl). Now I can go for the nodes that I really want the most. With around 200 points left to get.

I have the feeling that the complaint comes from people who are probably rushing through the game and are afraid of not getting enough points to unlock what they want.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

@dlmthree It's not. It's 400. The highest level enemy in the game is also 400.

You can get to mostly any major node in the tree by 40 but uncovering the entire skill tree by resetting repeatedly is stupid and the fog adds nothing to the functionality or wonder of the skill tree as it is except make you regret your choices later if you didn't know a skill existed.

I have completed the entire skill tree and I don't think this should be a feature, so no, it's not "people just rushing the game" either.

• dlmthree
    77 posts
    the fog adds nothing to the functionality or wonder of the skill tree as it is except make you regret your choices later if you didn't know a skill existed.

You corrected me by saying it was 400 points in total so that's far enough to unlock everything and you will still get that skill that you didn't know existed (which is false as you can uncover the whole tree very fast, once again by power 120 I could see it all). So where is the issue? You will get that skill eventually.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

@dlmthree I'm not sure where you're getting mixed up here, it's been said repeatedly why the fog is an issue.

Until a person is quite a few hours into the game, they might not even know a particular skill exists in the first place. Not everyone is going to put skill points into an even spread to see more of the tree. The tree is deceptive in that it suggests you should build a certain direction depending on your playstyle. Then it hides all of the skills under the fog, so a person has no way to know what they might be missing until they actually start leveling into a different direction.

The tree depends on the player working around the fog by first leveling to a high enough amount, realizing they can respec, then realizing they can just open every node by respeccing, and finally wanting to go through the effort of sitting for possibly many minutes (depending on their level) to open every node then respec and repeat the process. Most people aren't going to even thinking about respecing over and over to see everything because that's extremely unintuitive, and if they do realize they can do it, many won't because it's tedious.

It's fundamentally bad UI design. A UI should not depend on a user to put in effort to make sense of it. The UI should just make sense. Removing the fog would make the UI make sense and reveal to new players what the possibilities are for them to build into.

Plus, you assume that "by power 120" someone can see it all, but what if they don't build how you do? It is quite easy to spend even 200+ points in the tree and still not reveal every constellation, since that's only half the possible nodes. You are playing with hypotheticals in an argument where there are none. The fog is bad UI design. Period.

Suggested Topics