Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • bug glitch 4593
    pc 3430
    3 Likes/7 Replies/1270 Views
    Baelzar
    Original poster 2 posts

If your Epic Games PC installation of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla isn't launching at all - when you either try to launch from within the Epic Games program or via the shortcut that was created and it gives you nothing, no splash screen, just....nothing....this fix worked for me.

Go into your install directory (in my case C:\Program Files\Epic Games\AssassinsCreedValhalla) and double click ACValhalla.exe. That allowed the Ubisoft Connect Launcher to update, which is apparently necessary.

THEN I was able to get it to launch, either by using the existing desktop shortcut, the Epic Games program Launch button, or double-clicking ACValhalla.exe. Hope this helps someone. Skal!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GuitarRock59
    1 posts

@baelzar super helpful and worked, thank you!

• yoyohoss
    1 posts

@baelzar its asking me for an activation code, which I don't have even tho i bought the game on epic

• CimmarianG
    1 posts

@yoyohoss
    Mine is doing the same. I bought through Epic, I do not have an activation key for Ubisoft connect. Any solutions?

• chrono2979
    1 posts

Thanks! Your solution worked for me as well. But something I don't understand is that the Ubisoft Connect client is now downloading another 50GB of data for the game. But the Epic Store already did that. I don't understand...

• kiltedjock1
    1 posts

at that point when it asks you for an activation code...close it and relaunch from epic again....worked for me

• Talthorn
    1 posts

@baelzar This worked for me. Thank you!

Also noticed people mentioned they need activation keys even though they bought through epic. I had to log into ubisoft through my epic account to activate. I did this during the download.

Community details

Users
Topics