Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• joonbaebae
    Original poster 9 posts

Before I say anything, I just want to say f**k off ubisoft

I played Assassin's creed: Odysseey for about 44 hours when it came out so I know that it is not a problem with my computer
    I went to play Assassin's creed: odyssey again so I can buy valhalla and try it out but assassin's creed: odyssey didn't work and I tried every possible thing that I found on the internet to resolve this. I am a computer science major so I am well-versed in computers btw.
    I thought that Assassin's Creed: Odyssey might be an older game so I bought ACV to see if ubisoft had gotten their [censored] back together but apparently I guess not.
    I don't want to sound a whining kid without telling you what I did so people can have a reference point.

1. uninstall and reinstall ACV (obviously as a first step)
    2. verified game files before running to make sure that install was correct
    3. moved ACV to my C : drive which is a SSD with my OS (it was on my HDD (D: drive) before)
    4. uninstalled ACV and ubisoft
    5. installed both ACV and ubisoft connect on my C : drive
    6. verified game files again
    7. updated my graphics card driver to v. 457 (latest one)
    8. verified that firewall was not blocking the program
    9. went to my boot options and lowered the overlock to normal
    10. went into the ACV application properties and clicked "always run as administrator"
    11. set the pagefile on both my C and D drives to be "system managed"
    12. went into NVIDIA control panel and
      1. set it to "use the advanced 3D image settings" under "adjust image setting with preview" tab
      2. turned image sharpening off
      3. tuned texture filtering - quality to performance
      4. power management mode - maximum performance
      5. threaded optimization - on
    13. moved the icon from the folder to desktop
      1. i started getting about 4 errors that some .dll files were missing (which I could see right there in the folder under the application)
      2. I deleted those .dll files.
      3. verified game files again so that the files would be re-downloaded
      4. when I click the application from desktop again it continues to give the same errors stating that .dll files were missing.
        1. the missing files
          1. uplay_r2_loader64.dll, tobii_gameintegration_x64.dll, GFSDK_Aftermath_Lib.x64.dll, amd_ags_x64.dll
          2. after verifying game files, they are in the folder again
    14. reinstalled ACV again and verified files

after all this, it is still crashing to where I cannot even see the menu,
    Get the hell off my desktop and refund my money

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• joonbaebae
    Original poster 9 posts

PC SPEC just in case:
    GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    i5-8600k CPU @ 3.60 GHz
    16 GB ram

• joonbaebae
    Original poster 9 posts

oh and I forgot to mention some other things that I did

1. closed all unnecessary background processes from task manager
    2. tried downgrading video card driver to an older version (then updated to newest version)
    3. trying restoring to a previous point in my system restore
    4. lowered settings for the game before i ran it
    5. changed the window size to be smaller (windowsize to 0 in the text file)
  • joonbaebae
    Original poster 9 posts

PC SPEC just in case:
    GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    i5-8600k CPU @ 3.60 GHz
    16 GB ram

I ran AC:odyssey for 44 hours with no issue and got to around 88% progression
    I can play all other games on high-ultra and played star wars jedi: fallen order on max setting with no issue

• Exaudio
    19 posts

@joonbaebae Same story for my bro. Tried all of the above and still won't even start. Patch from either Ubi or Nvidia is what we need, and that fast!!

• JackBurton9
    4 posts

This seems to be an issue on PC and Xbox. I haven't seen any PS players mention this. And there obviously needs be a patch pushed out because I've been trying for an hour and regardless of what I do it gets stuck on the load screen.

• joonbaebae
    Original poster 9 posts

@exaudio this is ridiculous that this is happening to a game that JUST came out. still no response from ubisoft. figures

• joonbaebae
    Original poster 9 posts

@jackburton9 It has taken me around 8 hours now with the reinstalls. still nothing. oh well. I immediately pushed that refund button so I'm waiting for it

• trolsopol
    31 posts

@joonbaebae Dude i'm having the same problem with this one. Here's my post in case the Ubisoft guys respond there instead of here ... https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/79172/unable-to-launch-the-game-at-all/5 I raised a support ticket with Ubisoft with ubisoft 13186910, and I advise you to do too. The more the better so that they hear us finally.
    I haven't had any issues with Odyssey, but this one is terrible. I get the splash screen and it dissapears after 2 secs. Tried everything you've posted and still get the same
    Here's my specs in case Ubisoft guys want to talk in this thread by any chance:
    Ryzen 1800x
    Asus Crosshair 6 Hero Motherboard
    32 GB FlareX Cas 16 RAM
    Asus ROG OC advanced 2080 TI
    I have 4 Drives 2 HDDs, 1 Sata SSD and 1 M.2 SSD
    I've tried all possible combinations of moving the game between the drives, nothing solves this issue so far. I even tried creating a virtual drive on the system SSD cause i saw it helped some guy, didn't do it for me.

• CrazyDonkey88
    100 posts

@joonbaebae We all have this issue for over 3 days now. I tried every solution i found here and on internet. In other hand i am not a game dev to dig so deep about this stupid game

• joonbaebae
    Original poster 9 posts

@trolsopol yeah I tried every trick in the book so now I am waiting for refund

• joonbaebae
    Original poster 9 posts

Hey guys. I found something that made my game work. hopefully it makes your game work for you too
    follow these steps

1. go to your desktop
    2. right click
    3. click display setting
    4. scroll down to the bottom
    5. click graphic settings
    6. the scrolldown menu should be on classic app
    7. click browse then find acvalhalla.exe and click add
    8. then click the icon and click options
    9. set to high performance
    10. try running the game again as admin

good luck guys

• joonbaebae
    Original poster 9 posts

bump so others could see potential fix that worked for me

• trolsopol
    31 posts

@joonbaebae Thanks for the effort. This didn't work for me unfortunately, but I'm guessing it's useful for people with integrated graphics.

• DeltaO3_CZ
    2 posts

I have samé problem. But what really annoys me is Ubi approach. Problem I have reported on support since Thursday 11.11. and still no response. I though tahat after GR Breakpoint tragedy trhy change. NO WAY!!! I paid 120EUR and I haven’t played yet. I want my money back.

• CrazyDonkey88
    100 posts

@deltao3_cz Ubisoft are thieves

• trolsopol
    31 posts

@deltao3_cz I've reported it on day 0 but still nothing... i'm sure if my issue was "payment can't be accepted" they will be all over this.

• CrazyDonkey88
    100 posts

@trolsopol that's for sure. I just tried yr solution again but no result. I also created VHD but still nothing. You are playing it right? How's the game?:)

• trolsopol
    31 posts

@crazydonkey88 Hah I wish, I've not played a second of the game, Still stuck on the same issue.

• R1CHYB
    4 posts

I have the same issue, game will not launch on PC at all, followed all guidance and additional support posted in here and still no luck.

Will raise a ticket with Ubi, first game I've had on PC from Ubi that simply wont launch.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics