ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MattCody95
    1 posts

Same bug, bizarre that this made it out of QA as it's the most morally correct option. I'll pick up the game again when this is fixed.

• Anmixx
    21 posts

@roye209 Yes, that is what I have read. I can't confirm since for me the last assassination is bugged.. can't get the clue for the father from Hytham so no Gunner wedding for me.

• Nyirog
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Nyirog
    3 posts
    Same bug, bizarre that this made it out of QA as it's the most morally correct option. I'll pick up the game again when this is fixed.

Exactly my thoughts as well. I want to make relationship with Randvi, but on the right way. In the first minutes when the game decided to delete my finished quest I had a feeling that this is the way the game punish me for I was curious and wanted to see how the dialogs play out without consequences thanks to the good old fashioned RPG way "make a save file, before morally sensitive dialogs, and load it back when you finished exploring the outcomes". Now there is sure real consequences, almost like a real life one time choice 😄 😞

BTW: Anyone else noticed that when you did the first backloads to the older save file and the bug triggered there was a loud deep noise (something like a horn) in the animus loading screen sequence? I don't know if its related, but normally a I don't remember I heard it. Anyway after restarting the game the noise isn't occouring.

• AnnaNygma
    2 posts

@predatorbowstan I just encountered this issue, but chose the just friends option. Went back to ravensthorpe after waking up at the tower, and can't talk to her. :I 30+ hours in as well.

• AnnaNygma
    2 posts

@karerissu After finishing the East Anglia bit.
    Which is, if done in the correct order, the third alliance made. Best way to progress through the story is Zone By Power, which gradually goes up.

• ObsidianRonin
    1 posts

Is anyone else just not able to complete the quest because Randvi goes off and wanders away? She won't follow me to the tower at all, let alone let me get the romancing option.

• JamesLogan491
    130 posts

@obsidianronin Is it possible for you to restart the mission?
    I didn't have that particular bug but I've had missions breaking on me, specially when the game crashed during them, and the only fix was loading my last manual save. Never, absolutely never, trust the auto save in this game, it is useless.

• Anthony_Powell
    2 posts

Assassins Creed Valhalla; Romance BUG.

Hey, I have a bug where-by I cannot romance Randvi even after having completed the games full story. Online many sources claim that the opinion should always be available after completing her quest where the romance is offered.

• shyam3010
    84 posts

@predatorbowstan Exactly the same for me. It’s pretty worrying how it’s been 3 weeks since your post and there still hasn’t been a fix for this. Randvi is a major character and we’re being locked out of crucial dialogue options with her. I’m 45 hours in and it has ruined the game for me at the moment - been five days since I last played and I’m not going to play any more until they resolve this issue.

• CKEALiddy
    8 posts

@anthony_powell
    I’ve also looked into this problem and I found that once you return to Ravensthorpe I think either a mission will appear or not but speak to Gunnar to start his wedding and once you walk alone with Randvi you are able to start the romance

• CKEALiddy
    8 posts

@jtb1190

If you picked the now not the right time option, you have to completed all the main missions and possibly all pledges I’m not too sure, but after that return to Ravensthorpe and talk to Gunnar to start his wedding mission

• Maddog0035
    2 posts

@shyam3010 I'm in the same boat. I turned her down cause I was in a relationship and now I'm 55 hours in and I'm ready to romance her, but now that this bug has stopped me I've lost all interest in playing till its fixed. I don't want to progress the story so I'm just not playing anymore.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hello everyone,

I'm just dropping in to provide a brief update. I'm afraid I haven't heard anything additional from the developers since their reproduction of the issue, however I have taken notice that since my last post, several of you (Roye209 first I believe) would like to know whether the choice to romance Randvi will be available later on if you continue to play.

I'll reach out to the developers again and see if they can provide some additional context as to the nature of the questline and how a potential fix will work. I cannot personally guarantee that the fix will work at any point of the story, but I'll see if I can find out what the developers have to say about it and whether the dialogue could be allowed to reopen at any point. 🙂

As a quick aside - I did note that on page three TwanzoTheGreat noted that after completing "Forge and Fire" further romance options may open, and on page four PredatorBowStan wrote that there is an alternative time you can romance her as well. I am of course not quoting these instances as solutions, but as potential options for the romance with Randvi if anyone would prefer:

I have been having the same issue but if you play through until the end and play the quest “Forge and Fire” it reopened romantic dialog with Randvi!

- from TwanzoTheGreat

you can just romance Randvi at the tower and move on with the story. That's what I've done myself and haven't experienced any issues. Sure, it's not the ideal solution, but at least you won't be depriving yourself of enjoying the game for so long because of a bug.

- from PredatorBowStan

I will update you all as soon as I know more. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Anmixx
    21 posts

@ubi-woofer I can confirm that once you get to Forge and Fire the romance option is available again.

• R4MPZY
    13 posts

@anmixx Only the romance or does the quest Taken for Granted return?

The quest simply disappeared for me before i even had the chance to do it.

• Anmixx
    21 posts

@r4mpzy The quest didn't return. Only had the option to restart the romance

• R4MPZY
    13 posts

@anmixx Did you do Taken for Granted before and chose " now is not the time" or did you not do the quest at all?

• Anmixx
    21 posts

@r4mpzy I did Taken for Granted and chose "Now is not the time". When I initially did the quest I tried to go back and change my response (just to see what would happen) but was unable to. so just left it at what it was and kept playing.

• R4MPZY
    13 posts

@anmixx Guess i am still screwed in that case. I made multiple saves right before the Taken for Granted quest, with the quest marker above Randvi's head. I went on to do some raids and when i came back the quest was gone on all my saves.

Suggested Topics