Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@kingrogers23 Hi there! As it stands, this information hasn't been shared with us yet, but mirroring what my colleague Ubi-Mark mentioned above, we will update this thread with specific dates as soon as possible.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2207 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Taken for Granted" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Taken for Granted" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • RynoRanger117
    1 posts

Hello everyone,

So it seems that I've encountered my first major bug through the game. I've got 60 hours in on the Xbox One, and so far it's been flawless for me. Absolutely amazing. But unfortunately, the "Taken For Granted" quest has caused a multitude of issues and kind of halted my gameplay at the moment. After triggering the dialogue with Randvi and doing the "Taken For Granted" quest line, the add'l dialogue option to romance her later on disappears and a series of quests I'd completed after the exchange has also disappeared. Yet, the game processes that those quests are complete/kept the items I'd earned from them. It's just dialogue options and the completed quest menu bugging out at this point. I am eager to dive further in to the story and exploration, but I'm afraid of going too far if the fix for this issue will require us reverting to an older save. So for the time being, I'm meandering in Asgard and Ravensthorpe. Is there any clarification on this topic? I know it is a known issue by many, but I just want to clarify 2 things:

1. Can we continue our progression in the game without worry of us needing to revert to a past save for when this problem is fixed?
    2. Have any others encountered the issue of other quests getting removed from "completed quests" after "Taken For Granted" as well?

Anyways, I hope this helps. I'll also include some screenshots below of what the quests that were completed looked like before and then how they got removed after. Thank you so much and I look forward to this issue hopefully being resolved soon!
    Before the bug:
    undefined
    After the bug:
    undefined

• DragonHale1
    8 posts

It is the same for me. I haven't actually checked the quest log to see if it disappeared since I initially didn't think much of it (after all, I didn't want to Romance Randvi just yet, so I didn't concern myself with it and just continued to play).

As soon as I finished the quest, I had the romance dialog available to "talk about us", but if I loaded other saves the dialog would disappear. I tired like three or four times to finish the quest and keep the dialog, but eventually I gave up. No matter what I did the dialog would disapepar after a bit.

I kept playing and I never saw the dialog ever again. I hope that if they fix this it will affect my saved files because I am like 40 or so hours into the game and I am not starting over for Randvi, but it would be cool to have her by my side.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@RynoRanger117 - Thanks for taking the time to share this detailed report with us, and to include screenshots. I'm sorry to hear that "Taken for Granted" has disappeared from your quest log. As shared by @Ubi-Mark, the development team plan to fix this issue in a future update.

We haven't been told that an older save will be needed. However progressing in the game is at your own discretion. I wouldn't be able to comment on players who lost "Taken for Granted" from their quest log losing other quests as well. I know there have been reports of other quests disappearing from a player's quest log after completion. If you find that any other quests are missing from your completed quest log, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can take a closer look at this.

@DragonHale1 - Thanks for sharing your experience with us. As soon as we have more information regarding the fix, we will share it with you all in the forums.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • cbtendo
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi,
    I see in 1.2.1 there two entries related to talking to randvi, are those two patch notes related to this issue or is it another issue separately?

Thanks

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hey everyone,

I am pleased to announce that we can now confirm the planned release window for the fix for this issue with Taken for Granted! The quest disappearing from your quest logs, as well as the "Let's talk about us" dialogue with Randvi being impossible, are both planned to be addressed as part of Title Update 1.2.2, which is coming in June.

This date is subject to change, so I would recommend keeping up-to-date with the latest information by following this megathread, as well as checking the Known Issues list regularly. The Known Issues list will be updated should anything change, and we'll mirror this information here as soon as we are able.

Here is the current information from the Known Issues list for reference:

Target: 1.2.2 (Expected release: June) 
    The below issues are currently targeted to be addressed in June. Note that this is subject to changes. 
    - Taken for Granted / Quest disappears from Completed Quests / “Let’s talk about us” option with Randvi not possible 

Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or would like to share any feedback with us. Thank you!

@cbtendo - Please see the above. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • Negativand
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer Hi there - I just read the 1.2.2 Patch Notes and this fix doesn't appear in them.

Is this issue patched in 1.2.2 or is there a new date for the fix? I haven't played any Valhalla in months because I don't want to miss any story elements like this bug 😞

• Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Taken for Granted" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Taken for Granted" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Zer0524
    10 posts

@ubi-borealis it works, finally omg

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @Zer0524! I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you 😄

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics