ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• claud1o-
    50 posts

@cowboy-v1

On PS4 and xbox settlement interactions are a mess.

On top of the Randvi chat which many are having (myself included) many (myself included) reported the inability to talk with barracks, shipyard, tatoo, hunter and cartographer NPCs.

Really this is destroying the experience of many players - and the fact that these issues are not being investigated or answered is making me angry and mad.

• claud1o-
    50 posts

quoted for truth

• Weltenbruch2020
    16 posts

I hope they fix this soon.

• Fungishrader
    16 posts

Taken for Granted quest removed from completed quests.

Randvi romance dialogue choices gone forever.

If you save and reload during the dialogue “talk about feelings” in the long house after the Randvi quest, you lose the quest and cannot talk to Randvi informally for the rest of the game.

The randvi romance quest is totally bugged, and the most reported bug in the game that hasn’t yet been acknowledged by the dev team yet.

please post your trouble with Randvi dialogue and the vanish of the Taken for Granted quest here and we will get the attention of Ubisoft.

• Weltenbruch2020
    16 posts

Made my own thread already but will post again here: I finished the "Taken for Granted" quest, told her "Now is not the time", went back to the settlement, saw the follow up dialogue option "Lets talk about us" once, didn't take it because I wanted to wait until

spoiler

and never saw it again after restarting the game. Don't wanna keep playing like this!

• claud1o-
    50 posts
    Made my own thread already but will post again here: I finished the "Taken for Granted" quest, told her "Now is not the time", went back to the settlement, saw the follow up dialogue option "Lets talk about us" once, didn't take it because I wanted to wait and never saw it again after restarting the game. Don't wanna keep playing like this!

Same + I can not interact with 3/4 of the settlement NPC (including shipyard and barracks, meaning I can not use the customisations I PAID for with the ultimate edition)

• AnimatedJester
    11 posts

@fungishrader Having the same issue here on PC I guess. I thought that maybe it was tied to it locking me out until later for saying "now isn't the time." but after seeing the dialogue there initially after finishing the quest and then reloading later to see it missing I can only assume that something got bugged and she is no longer available in my save. This is the thanks we get i guess for giving her a fun day before our time.... No good deed goes unpunished

• Weltenbruch2020
    16 posts

The real bad thing about this quest bug is that many players might not even know that they encounter it. They complete the "taking for granted" quest and shut the game down before returning to the settlement. They never see that there should be a follow up dialogue option because it never showed up for them.

• Fungishrader
    16 posts

Thanks for binding together everyone, I’ve seen your individual threads but I think if we all pull together we should get the attention of the team quicker. I’ll post my video evidence here tonight.

• Fungishrader
    16 posts

@animatedjester yeah, you should have the option of discussing your feelings with Randvi at any time after you return to the long house from the Taken for Granted quest. If you say your feelings are platonic you should still be able to change that at any point, randvi should be more enthusiastic whenever you enter the map room, and there should be an extra dialogue choice whenever you talk to her.

Why must we repent for our sins like this lol

• Weltenbruch2020
    16 posts

Maybe it has something to do with the order of finished main story lines....I did the Soma one first, then the Sons of Ragnar, then the Oswald one - after this one the Randvi quest became available.

• Fungishrader
    16 posts

@weltenbruch2020 could be, but I’d done London and completely finished Asgard before I did the quest. I think the common denominators are the dialogue choices leading up to the bug (“not right now” on the tower during Taken for Granted) and reloading the game before/during returning to the Longhouse to visit Randvi again.
    It’s definitely a bug with the quest when reloading the game before/during/after certain dialogue choices.

• Weltenbruch2020
    16 posts

Am I the only one who thinks the title for this thread is a little misleading? Not only does the quest disappear, the whole interaction with the NPC is bugged if you encounter this issue. You cant talk about anything else then "show me the map" and the option to romance her later is gone as well...
    Thanks for seeing the issue anyway. I hope we get a hotfix soon.

• Weltenbruch2020
    16 posts

Thank you for editing it @Ubi-Woofer!

• PredatorBowStan
    Original poster 5 posts

Adding this here too since I had an issue with these quests back to back. The quest "Carrying The Torch" also disappears from your completed quest list. You still get to talk to Tove and edit your looks without any problems, but the quest itself disappears from your completed list like Taken for Granted.

• H0lmarn
    7 posts

@crazy_ivan_131 yeah do that wait with that quest until they have fixed this game abit

• Zerhod
    1 posts

@predatorbowstan

Same issue here, playing on PC.

Tried with both non romance options, the dialog and the quest dissapears after loading a save file.

• Abidinkaya
    1 posts

I have the same problem on a Ps4 pro. Devs should look into this asap.

• GamerDude2004R
    1 posts

I have the same issue on PS4, I chose the now is not the right time option so I get the best ending, so I could wait till she breaks up with Sigurd and after choosing to align with Oxenefordscire the option is gone. I’m really hoping this bug gets fixed fast as I was really looking forward to starting a romance with her.

• SpiffierColt918
    2 posts

Spoilers ahead for those who haven't got this far!

Basically I got to rank 4 of the settlement and had completed in order, Ledecestrescire, East Anglia and Grantebridgescire. I came back and started Randvi's side quest and ended up turning her down (now is not the right time option) and came back after to talk with her. It has the option to start back up with her again but I decided to wait for later. Anyways I left and built the brewery and Bakery. I had already built everything else but the npc houses and farms. I did the baker missions and now the option to chat her up and start something with her is gone. I don't really want to start Oxenefordscire until this is fixed. I already know it should be possible because I ended up spoiling myself on the future of this particular outcome. Long story short, I believe the baker missions being done right after Randvi's missions, causes this bug.

Suggested Topics