Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • bug glitch 4594
    technical issue 2775
    playstation 4 1460
    17 Likes/141 Replies/4756 Views
    PredatorBowStan
    Original poster 5 posts

After completing the quest and saving the game, once I load that save the quest disappears from the completed quest list. Depending on what choices you made in the quest, some optional dialogue should be available but they also disappear after loading the save.

Moderate Spoilers:

Anyone else encountered the same issue?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DABPanda
    3 posts

Finished my first 3 alliances quest, and then finished the "taken for granted" quest for future relations with Randvi. Told her "now is not the time" and thought all was well. Went back to the settlement checked my completed quest and it wasnt showing up. The extra dialogue when you speak to her at the map was also not showing up. So i loaded a save from before the quest, made 3 backups and tried again with success. Quest stayed in my completed quest tab and the extra dialogue was there. But then i went to Vinland and completed it, and when i got back to Randvi the extra dialogue was gone. And so was it being a completed quest. Went to load one of my back ups and they all some how load the same save file from after completing vinland. Now i have no way of getting back to that point without restarting the whole game over. just kind of seems like the quest likes to glitch itself out of existence randomly.

• cainisubi
    6 posts

@dabpanda the same happened to me, the dialogue has just disappeared. I dont want to go back to a previous save for the same thing to happen later on. The only difference is that I'm on xbox so I think its affecting all platforms.

• PredatorBowStan
    Original poster 5 posts

@dabpanda Same issue with me. Playing on PS4

If you tell her "Now is not the time", once you load a save file, the "Let's talk about us" option at the map disappears. Which basically locks us out of the option to restart the romance with her when the time is right, later in the story,

One thing I'll add is that if you choose to kiss her at the tower, the quest will still be gone from the completed list, but you will get the subsequent romance-related dialogue choices at the map and they won't disappear after loading the save. So it seems that the disappearing dialogue bug is only for the "Now is not the time" option.

• DioXLagnar
    1 posts

Same here, super frustrating. I am 14 hours in and don't have a save previous to that quest. I didnt even know romances were a thing in this at that point. I really dont want to go through 14 hours again just for that.

• DABPanda
    3 posts

@dioxlagnar Yea im close to 26 hours into the game already. So i havent touched the game since ive posted. I have a feeling they wont be able to fix a pre existing problem within a save and that i will have to start over. Which if that is what happens ill probraly wait till the first DLC, they should have plenty of patches out by then.

• R4MPZY
    3 posts

So i've had the issue that when i finished this quest, and told her "this is not the right time" i would be able to still talk about the option for a relationship right after, but if i make another pledge and fast travel, or make a save and load that save, the option disappears.

I went to the forums and saw i'm not the only one having this issue, so i thought i would load an earlier save i luckily had that was before i did the quest, but in front of Randvi with the quest mark above her where i could ask what was wrong. I then saved it on alll my existing save games so i would be able to load back to straight before it happens.

I then went on to do several raids to develop my settlement and to my surprise Randvi doesnt have the quest mark anymore, its just gone.

I thought taking on another pledge might solve it so i did Oxenefordscire and when it prompted me to return and talk to Randvi, the quest still did not come back, it is just gone.

I'm hoping they can fix this in existing saves because i went back before i even did the quest and it still disappeard.

• AVDOLLI
    4 posts

@dabpanda i’ve been having the same issue on xbox one, once I reloaded my game the option was completely gone. i’m 35 hours in and I don’t want to play more since i’m worried i’ll have to backtrack if I continue. hope the dev’s can fix this soon.

• claud1o-
    43 posts

@dabpanda

Same exact problem here (ps4) dialogue at map showed up once then disappeared...this is super frustrating added to the settlement bug I have (not able to interact with barrack/shipyard npcs)

We need a patch, and soon

• Kal-Erick
    1 posts

@dabpanda

I did the quest at 29 hours i to the game (been exploring a lot and doing many side quests) chose the “now is not the right time” option, after I woke up I went about my business exploring.

at 31 hours I went back to chat with randvi, no other options but view the map.

looked in my completed quests and it is not there.

so I am also having the issue you described.

what a terrible bug. I read that you can romance again later in the story if you make this choice and now I don’t know if it will ever happen.

• XxKreavenxX
    12 posts

Dropping this hear as well.

I broke up with Petra who quickly disappeared upon next login and has yet to return.
    When speaking with Randvi I can ask her how she is doing. (I believe this starts the romance option?) The very first line plays out ok,but the second line that shows up skips to the end half way through. Then acts like I never asked her how she was doing. I can even click on that option again. And again, and again.

Currently I am afraid to play through more if they can not get these working on the next patch. And I don't want to restart since I have no clue if it would actually fix it. Or if I would run into again since we don't know what is causing it.

• Fungishrader
    16 posts

Same here. 30 hours in. I don’t know what to do 😭

• WhyMyGames
    1 posts

After completing 'Taken For Granted' quest and selecting the, 'Now is not the time option.' reloading that save will make the 'Let's talk about us" dialogue option disappear. This is frustrating if you're wanting to play your story a certain way. After playing around with it for a while to see if there was a workaround I found that even when loading to an earlier save and ignoring the mission and making a pledge, exiting a conversation with Randvi would now take 10-15 seconds which is an issue I also encountered after having completed the quest. At this point I have reloaded an earlier save and won't progress the story for fear of more bugs down the line and because I'd prefer to play the story through with my preferred narrative.

• VanillaElls
    8 posts

@whymygames I'm having this same problem and its holding me off from playing quite a bit. The quest vanishes from the completed quests log and acts as if it never happened, no dialogue etc after reloading a save. Ubisoft please take note of this ! Seems like a brutal bug

• Fungishrader
    16 posts

Can someone tag a dev in this ?

• Crazy_Ivan_131
    3 posts

@dabpanda 54 hours (pc) got back from vinland, finished the 'taken for granted' by choosing the 'now is not the right time' went back to the settlement, the option was there but on the 2nd try it disappeared, took me by surprise so i reloaded the save and it was still gone. that worried me so i searched the web and what do you know its bugged, yay, lucky thing i still had a save before i stared the quest... scared to touch the game until it is patched

• Fungishrader
    16 posts

Taken for Granted quest removed from completed quests.

Randvi romance dialogue choices gone forever.

If you save and reload during the dialogue “talk about feelings” in the long house after the Randvi quest, you lose the quest and cannot talk to Randvi informally for the rest of the game.

The randvi romance quest is totally bugged, and the most reported bug in the game that hasn’t yet been acknowledged by the dev team yet.

please post your trouble with Randvi dialogue and the vanish of the Taken for Granted quest here and we will get the attention of Ubisoft.

• Weltenbruch2020
    15 posts

Made my own thread already but will post again here: I finished the "Taken for Granted" quest, told her "Now is not the time", went back to the settlement, saw the follow up dialogue option "Lets talk about us" once, didn't take it because I wanted to wait until

and never saw it again after restarting the game. Don't wanna keep playing like this!

• claud1o-
    43 posts
    Made my own thread already but will post again here: I finished the "Taken for Granted" quest, told her "Now is not the time", went back to the settlement, saw the follow up dialogue option "Lets talk about us" once, didn't take it because I wanted to wait and never saw it again after restarting the game. Don't wanna keep playing like this!

Same + I can not interact with 3/4 of the settlement NPC (including shipyard and barracks, meaning I can not use the customisations I PAID for with the ultimate edition)

• AnimatedJester
    11 posts

@fungishrader Having the same issue here on PC I guess. I thought that maybe it was tied to it locking me out until later for saying "now isn't the time." but after seeing the dialogue there initially after finishing the quest and then reloading later to see it missing I can only assume that something got bugged and she is no longer available in my save. This is the thanks we get i guess for giving her a fun day before our time.... No good deed goes unpunished

Community details

Users
Topics