Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1416 posts

@bielik01 I am unable to confirm if this feature will be included in Assassin's Creed Valhalla in the future, however your feedback has been forwarded on.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    446 posts

@ubi-keo Can you please pass on to the developers that with the Siege of Paris expansion, it makes even less sense for Eivor to still not use melee weapons on horseback? Seriously, Eivor sees heavy cavalry attacking him with spears in Francia, but doesn’t put two and two together to start using his own spear on horseback? It’s almost silly if it wasn’t frustrating.

• lemmie88
    182 posts

@thenorfolkian It took this long for Eivor to learn to use a shortsword like his enemies. It'll take at least as long for Eivor to use the horse. Come back in another 9 months!

• Karmachaositgp
    90 posts

@petek
    On launch I was expecting mounted combat too probably like most players but all they gave us was a useless kick. Sure now with an upgrade update we can use a bow(which the aiming for that is still messed up and randomly jerks around for no reason) on mounts but still very lacking especially more so now with mounted attacking enemies. Another dumb decision by ubisoft!

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@lemmie88 The thought that shooting arrows or wielding a melee weapon on horseback is a "skill" that Eivor the Wolf-kissed, the reincarnation of a special someone, and a Viking veteran no less, needs to learn in her adulthood, simply is hilarious.

While I have never really needed to engage enemies while riding a horse in my 340 hours of playthrough, I would appreciate it if Eivor can use her melee weapons on horseback in the future - to farm iron ores better than a pathetic slow kick to crack open the ores.

• bielik01
    803 posts

@imaginaryruins I simply ride my mount into it 😂

• TheNorfolkian
    446 posts

@bielik01 Imagine the brainstorming session at Ubisoft when they decided to not allow melee weapons...

“So, should we allow melee weapons on horseback?”
    “No, that’s not historical, even though that’s exactly what we did for the games that took place hundreds of years before this one.”
    “Well, what do we do instead?”
    “Eivor can kick people and animals... that sounds like what a Viking would do.”
    “Wait, what about the horse, can’t it kick too?”
    “No, horses don’t know how to do that... they only know how to gallop and step on stuff. We can have the horse ram breakable things like a boar, because pigs and equines are totally the same thing.”
    “Great! Let’s do that.”

Later in the session...

“Hey, check this out! We can give players an armor that makes Eivor look like Sauron!”
    “I see no problems with this... send it out!”

• wSmk
    34 posts

Fight enemies who are sitting on the horse, not interested. Causes:

• The enemy's horse is immortal..
    • The health of such an enemy is overstated. It takes too long to kill, even if you hit all the vulnerable spots.
  • MetalDawn71
    10 posts

@thenorfolkian @Ubi-Borealis

I agree with this. When I played the Siege of Paris, I went up against one of the Frankish Nobles. Gerswinda, a heavy cavalry on horseback. I wished that I could even the odds a bit by getting on horseback and attacking with a sword or a spear of some sort instead of kicking! I even tried that. I got knocked off by her spear. Trying to hit her with a sword or one of my abilities, was like trying to hit a fly with a fly swatter. Each time she hit me with her spear, it took nearly half of my health. It's very frustrating. You could make using melee weapons for Eivor a skill?

• petek
    Original poster 64 posts

@thenorfolkian Not forgetting Eivor can shoot a bow on horseback better than a Mongolian Trick-shot Steppes Rider! Shouldn't be surprised I guess.... one handed swords.... na let's give them great swords a few centuries early for authenticity;-) Ubisoft please learn... if it's not broke, don't fix it!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics