Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LarsAasheim
    Original poster 1 posts

Gameplay feels slow, fps drops and does not come back unless you restart game. The combat feels horribel with parring and attacking. Why not keep it more like odyessey? That gameplay actually worked. IS there an update on the way or? The game feels unplayable at default level because combat sucks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TORFINR
    370 posts

@larsaasheim I felt exactly as you did. Exactly the same.
    Then I tried to adapt and now with more parry/moving I'm almost enjoying the fighting gameplay. Sure it's different from Origins/Odyssey, but it's good.

• GRIMLOCK225
    3 posts

@larsaasheim See, I enjoy the slowness, Odyssey felt *horrid* to me. It felt sloppy, cheap, floaty, and lazily (more likely, hastily designed.) This feels way better to me (though still not good enough) Though I do agree with you on parrying, it's easy to do, but the flash is bad. It flashes at the start of their attack, not at the window where you're supposed to parry. So it feels very misleading. It's better to just ignore that and actually watch their attack animations, wish you could turn those flashes off tbh.

• Acid_Mars
    9 posts

Odyssey felt more realistic and challenging to me.

It's too early to tell if I'm going to grow to like this combat system as much. So far it has me reaching to play Odyssey again.

This game feels rushed and short in some areas so far. I feel like they probably spent half the time creating it than they did to create Odyssey.

Maybe the Pandemic left them short on time?

• MeinChurro
    39 posts

I don't know about slow and fps drops. It has a bit more depth, with enemy types, parry, etc. More involved combat, but I feel like it needs to be a bit more visceral in general (not special attacks), and the camera is too far away.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

Yeah I prefer Odysssy gameplay/fighting skills and skill tree to this one. The skill tree in this game is strange, I just dont like it. The assasin skills in Odyssy and Origins was so great, I loved sneaking about getting the bad guys, in this game, even when Im hidden I seem to be discovered really easily and thats the end of the sneakyness. Plus the darts seem to be missing, I miss my poison and beserker darts.

The fighting was a little challenging for me at times in Odyssy but I really felt imersed in it, this game feels so hack and slashy and boring, plus I dont feel any motivation to be even killing most of the people in this game, mostt of them are just soldiers protecting their villages and the people in them. No loot when you kill a soldier or archer, you dont get theri sword or cool bow..if Im not killing to save someone or to get their stuff, why am I killing?

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

Odyssey combat at max challenge was like an mmo.
    All about automatic skill, that kill Enemy while you Watch a film.

Combat Is kill and enemy using your skill, dodge,parry, hit with weapon,not use xxxxx skill that goes with autopilot.

Valhalla combat Is way Better, but needs more responsiveness and feedback on impact.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics