Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OmegaGamma
    Original poster 13 posts

So I just lost the last 2.5 hours of gameplay. I kept getting a message that ubisoft servers were down....actually it says that cant communicate to Ubisoft..but my service is fine...so Ubisoft servers were down. But as this normally wouldnt affect gameplay and autosaves, I just ignored and continued to play. At around 11pm my time, Central European Time (CET), my game just quit....I was all of a sudden at Xbox Home. I restarted the game...and pressed continue..and the game loaded a save point from 2.5 hours ago! I went to the Menu to check the Autosave points....the last 2.5 hours of autosaves were gone. So thats 2.5 hours of good hard grinding LOST and gone! I have to repeat it all now.

So....why did this happen? Why did my game just quit...and when I restarted..all autosaves for the last 2.5 hours gone?

This is very frustrating and I actually was very pleased with my progression tonight....but alas....ALL GONE!! My time wasted...my evening wasted.

So...why did this happen? How will lost progression and my time be compensated?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OmegaGamma
    Original poster 13 posts

All my upgrades, resources, weapons, armor pieces that I got in the last 2.5 hours..which was substantial.....GONE!

I am so angry right now I dont even feel like playing!!

• OmegaGamma
    Original poster 13 posts

Also..I am a Twitch Affiliate and was livestreaming my gameplay tonight for my community. We experienced many bugs in the gameplay....so that was sometimes frustrating and sometimes amusing...but now this....now my Community are wondering if they should buy the game at all!!!

• TrekNyne
    4 posts

Same thing happened to me. Went from 94 power back down to 74.

BRUTAL. Hours of playing lost.

• OmegaGamma
    Original poster 13 posts

@treknyne EXACTLY!!! I feel absolutely gutted!

• Netspook
    261 posts

Checkpoints / autosave is absolutely horrible in this game. After a few bad experiences (not as bad as you guys, though), I've made it a habit of quicksaving OFTEN. That's F5 on PC.

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

@netspook
    absolutely F5 is your friend. Easy. I’ve never had it fail and I never have to pay attention to auto save. Occasionally I’ll do a manual save but haven’t needed to load from one yet.

• OmegaGamma
    Original poster 13 posts

I play on Xbox....and Odyssey never had this problem...the AutoSaves were constant and reliable. I am so far not really satisfied with Valhalla. I feel like some boomer dev team got pieced together to create something to remind them of their youth playing the older AC games...where Odyssey actually fixed all the things that bothered me about previous AC games and really imo out shined them all and left little to improve. I really love Odyssey and still play it! Valhalla is clumsy and a bit old fashioned. I wish the same dev team that gave us Odyssey were the ones to work on Valhalla.

I will definately be hitting the AutoSave in the menu more often now. But tbf, this sort of thing shouldnt have happened and needs to be fixed with the same AutoSave feature and settings as Odyssey.

Please fix this UbiSoft!

And..if we are gonna have so many abilites...give us the same 16 Feature option we have in Odyssey instead of just 8. Why limit out fun??!! Also, it wouldnt have hurt to keep the same controller layout as in Odyssey to allow for easy transition from Odyssey to Valhalla and give room for future improvements.

Thats what I loved about Odyssey...the dev team was constantly working to improve features in the game and kept us posted on improvements. The ingame support for Odyssey was fantastic the first year after release! I just wish they had given us one more DLC ...Mount Olympus and Zeus!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics