Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/5 Replies/40 Views
    Stratyys
    Original poster 4 posts

I was so excited to start playing this game but the more I push through the story, the more I'm disappointed by the story-telling. Assassin's Creed is among my top 2 favorite franchises I've ever played and until now, has not failed to bring an awesome story to get immersed in, making wish I could actually be the protagonist and live that story.

Now you've chosen to write a story of Norse civilization, a Viking tale, and I can't help but feel you forgot to put your best into this. As I work my way through the story at certain points I begin to build excitement for what's going to happen next, only to have it deflated and losing my interest in the decisions I'm able to to make in game.

I will say that my issue is primarily centered around the story telling cut-scenes throughout the game.

The Vikings were a proud civilization that brought passion and intensity in all their stories and you could feel that intensity in the telling. So I ask;

Where is the passion? Where are the epic love stories? Where are the "real" celebrations of victory? What am I fighting for? There is no marriage or children to have in the game for the protagonist nor are there close companions to give a damn about and fight for like in the Mass Effect Trilogy. And the villagers I haven't don't do anything. There is no substance to them. They are just there and some of them are merchants whos inventories are static. So I don't feel an overwhelming need to be very protective of them.

You have selections in the gameplay setting for Blood FX, Dismemberment and Nudity but I haven't seen hardly any of it. Blood FX and Dismemberment should be highlighted in your special combat cinematic camera perspectives allowing us to get immersed in the combat in the game and make me give a damn about where I am putting my skill points. Sort of like Fallout 4 and the VATS camera. But you guys have the ability to do so much better than that. And nudity? There isn't any! What a joke!

My point to all this is that you chose to write a story about an epic civilization but forgot to bring the EPIC! I expected so much more from this game and am sorry to say that I am very disappointed so far. I hope in future updates they will complete the story properly with more Game of Thrones type thinking and less 6y/o child story-telling. The game is rated M for crying out loud! So bring the M!!!

Things I like to be fair:

• Gear customization - though I hope that gets improved with future updates as well. (Berserker gear is wildly disappointing)
    • Village Building and upgrading
    • Alliance system
    • Character visuals/customization and visual equipment
    • Norse terminology (accompanied by their meanings)
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Stratyys
    Original poster 4 posts

Please disregard this post.

Apparently it just takes forever for the story to get going. Figures...

• Karahus
    14 posts

@stratyys

If you need family, kids, love is for you in the sims 4

• Stratyys
    Original poster 4 posts

@karahus lol yea I play that too but you can't wage war in Sims 4 🙂

• Stratyys
    Original poster 4 posts

So after playing some more I have come to realize my game was riddled with bugs that essentially made it so I could not communicate with a bunch of the NPC's in the game. I started a new playthrough and the game is wildly different from my first run. Not sure what happened but I take back everything I said in my initial post. I would delete it if I could but I apparently don't have the permissions so I guess this is all I can do.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics