Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• i_am_klutzee
    Original poster 1 posts

After fighting the first Lost Drengr I was unable to speak to him so I fast traveled back home and now Im unable to speak to anyone. Restarted the game after verifying game files and still unable to speak to him.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kerrik10463
    6 posts

@i_am_klutzee

sounds similar to my issue. After beginning a mystery/quest the quest giver just stands there (a New England), sits down and doesn’t speak (rekindling), dies without updating the quest (the seventh son of a seventh son).

Upon reloading, I can hear the quest giver begin to speak riiiight before the game loads into the animus. And then it all happens again.

hopefully they will see this issue and give some feedback.

Im on PS4 though.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

Hey folks, I'm sorry you guys are encountering these issues! Have either of you tried reloading a save from before you accepted the affected quests? Does this workaround at least resolve the issue for now?

Official Response
  • Kerrik10463
    6 posts

@ubi-spud

it does not. Repeated attempts to load prior to the event lead to the exact same issue. It is bad enough now that I have run onto 5 separate events that don’t progress due to this.

I have also deleted and reinstalled. No difference.

it appears to be tied to audio not triggering or something similar, because when I try to reload a save, immediately before the screen fades to the animus load screen, the npc will suddenly begin talking for a split second and then stops as the game reloads.

Thanks

• Kerrik10463
    6 posts

To clarify further, I have reloaded saves from several minutes before ever encountering the quest, and the results are the same.

it appears to be systemic right now. Every “mystery” I encounter that requires an NPC to trigger something fails to trigger that action.

in rekindling for example, once the wife goes into the house, she sits down. The husband is supposed to say something. He never does.

in a New England, the npc is supposed to take you for a tour, he never moves or speaks.

again, my issue is on PS4 but I have seen people on Xbox and pc with similar sounding issues.

thanks again.

• guivieirabr
    4 posts

@ubi-spud Could you help us here? A NEW ENGLAND event is unable to be finished because the dialogue could not even start after the previous introduction. As I read, the old man guides Eivor in the island but for me it doesnt happen.

The hunt for honor also has a problem given the character died and now it could not be finished.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics