ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Xaelur
    7 posts

Just wait till they fix it. They have stated multiple times that they are looking into this quest bug.

• macron0230
    2 posts

@centoocchi yes, I had the same problem, I want platinum and I don't know how to do it

• macron0230
    2 posts

@ii-gadget-ii Yes, I have the same problem, I want platinum but I don't know how to do it

• muaddibOG.
    3 posts

I DID IT

ok, so i'm on PC. been having largely the same issues as everyone else. the thing is, i had an autosave from before i talked to Winchell at all, so i was able to reload that and make a manual save to go back to for subsequent attempts. it's just the most recent thing i've come across in the game, so i did not lose any progress. i realize not everyone has this option at this point, but at least if you restart your game or load an old save you might be able to complete the quest.

method: the only thing that worked for me was choosing the "how do i join" option, taking off all of my armor and weapons, and dancing with the nudists. this did a weird glitch where the camera panned upwards as if to censor a sex scene, but i was able to just move the control stick to get out of it. after doing this, i picked up the box, and the nudists did not aggro. i think this is crucial, because in every other attempt where the nudists tried to attack me, Winchell was bugged and couldn't be spoken to. furthermore, i sat the box down in front of Winchell, rather than throwing the box off of the cliff. i am not sure if it's possible to complete the quest when throwing the box; every time i tried, the nudists' aggro had been drawn so i don't know for sure.

i only attempted it a couple more times for science, forgetting to manual save but getting lucky again with an autosave from just after speaking to Winchell and completing the quest. you'll get his journal, by the way, which is a good way to know you've completed it in case you're an idiot like me and reload for science without manually saving first.

the next attempt was to see if drawing aggro would break the quest. i did not dance, grabbed the box, and set it down. Winchell was bugged and could not be spoken to.

after that, i did the same methodology as the one that worked, except it wouldn't let me exit the dance glitch with the control stick, so i dodged out of it, scattering the nudists in fear. again, Winchell was bugged and couldn't be spoken to. this was when i realized, to my relief, there was one autosave left with the completed quest.

i am considering more experiments, but also this has been enough of a waste of my time for one small side quest. hope this can help some fellow completionists out there to scratch your itch.

• muaddibOG.
    3 posts

@luckyjoker987 yes, i just solved it on pc, full explanation above, or below, idk how this forum works and it is such a long thread 🙂

• muaddibOG.
    3 posts

@wvw_alyssa_wvw OP, friend, if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of this absurdly long thread you'll find my solution. i did not realize how long the thread was when replying, so uh, hope literally anyone sees it.

• Moodved
    4 posts

When I tried to complete Grantebridgescire, I found a quest with a bunch of naked guys (I believe you know what I'm talking about), it is located here:

undefined

So, when I proceeded to complete it, I threw the crate in the water (don't ask me why), and now I can't complete the quest. The crate is just disappeared and doesn't respawn, and I can't talk with both characters. Is there any chance to fix it somehow or my 100% walkthrough is now ruined?

• ZeroTwo.TX
    1 posts

@muaddibog I tried this, got the the part where the camera pans up, once I’m back on my character, the lady says the “let the Dane go” line, and then the camera pans up again, and I get stuck in this loop, I’m going to fast travel and come back and try this method again

• BerZerka.
    3 posts

@zerotwo-tx Same thing happened to me. Box still does not spawn.

• Luckyjoker987
    4 posts

Do you think they will fix it?

• mcj2a
    1 posts
    If you have the crate you need to drop it on the ground in front of his tent. If you're standing right in front of him it's behind you, right behind a rock.

this worked for me.

• Brolysupergod
    1 posts

Same for me the box cant spawn i finished all main and side quest i just need this one mystery i done everything max power and everything i just hope they fix this

• The_Tr3nch
    9 posts

@sskatesnabisco Awesome! Glad it worked for you. Cheers

• PitusC4
    2 posts

In Grandbridgescire on North from Ravensthrope there is Mystery wit Nudist cult. When I picked up a chest and got it in a water it dissapears. Restarts and reinstalling a game doesn't help.

• young_russ
    3 posts

@gospelofdustin Yes this worked for me
    thanks

• borracho61
    4 posts

@ii-gadget-ii same bug

• camp4saurusrex
    6 posts

I am unable to progress in the above mentioned world event in Grantebridgescire. I started the quest by carrying the crate of clothes, but then I fell in the water and got stuck on the dock. To move on, I had to wait until the colony people pelted me to death with rocks. However, now when I go back, the crate of clothes is not there for me to complete the world event (not in the water or the original spot, and I looked everywhere else in the area).

I hope this can be fixed. I go for 100% achievements in all AC games and if I cannot complete this it will leave two achievements on the table. I cannot reload the save before I did this mission because I have already played another 10 hours that I would rather not lose just to complete this world event. Please help!

• camp4saurusrex
    6 posts

@budd997 I have the same exact issue - xbox

• camp4saurusrex
    6 posts

@ubi-raziel I don't have a video or image, but I fell into the water to the right of the dock next to the tent you pick the crate up in

• camp4saurusrex
    6 posts

I am unable to progress in the above mentioned world event in Grantebridgescire. I started the quest by carrying the crate of clothes, but then I fell in the water and got stuck on the dock. To move on, I had to wait until the colony people pelted me to death with rocks. However, now when I go back, the crate of clothes is not there for me to complete the world event (not in the water or the original spot, and I looked everywhere else in the area).

I hope this can be fixed. I go for 100% achievements in all AC games and if I cannot complete this it will leave two achievements on the table. I cannot reload the save before I did this mission because I have already played another 10 hours that I would rather not lose just to complete this world event. Please help! Playing on Xbox One S

Suggested Topics