Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • EvilEll666
    3 posts

Apparently there should be a crate near a tent where you go and give it to Winchell on top the hill overlooking the nudists but it doesn’t spawn making it impossible to complete that mission.

also there’s an Opal right near Walden it’s in a house on a shelf with food on it that doesn’t let you collect it.

• pjt1337
    2 posts

the chest for the quest dont appear anymore if you let it fall or something

quest remains unsolved 

• EvilEll666
    3 posts

The crate doesn’t spawn in the winchell mission and the Opal near Walden is impossible to get.

this is annoying as I tend to try and collect everything on each of these games bd now it’s just going to stay there on my map.

I don’t see any way to fix this either hopefully I get a response soon I got the collectors edition and so far it’s just buggy as hell

• Starbuckviper
    7 posts

I stole the box and ran away but beat everyone up, then went to the hill where he is and yeeted it off the cliff into the lake but still nothing and no options to talkto him either

• SurexPOSEY
    19 posts

Well now the box doesn't spawn anymore ....
    I fast travel away (not too far away though i didn't unlocked/visited lots of places) and then go back and still nothing ...

is it possible to force reset a work event ? could be a thing for these kind of things

• ElijahJoJo
    3 posts

Thought I'd share my two cents. The world event played out normally I assume until I arrived back at Winchell's location. He was just off the very top rock where you first interact with him. Tried placing the crate at his feet, but no response. I took offense to this so I yeeted the box into the river below and came to this thread. Apparently the box de/respawned back at the nudist camp so I went through the motions again I found Winchell at his tent just a bit further down the hill from where I saw him the last few times. The game then prompted me to place the box down and the event proceeded as normal.

If you are having issues, maybe yeet your box into the river as well? I hope this helps someone.

• TariSzabolcs
    1 posts

Dear Ubisoft!

This is the same problem on PC. At the nudist camp, the inability to deliver the crate to the man standing on the rock. The crate simply does not exist. I reloaded the backup, I traveled elsewhere, waited for hours and even then this bug exists. Quite a few people are experiencing this. I hope you fix it. Thanks in advance.

Anyway, the game is great 😉

• SurexPOSEY
    19 posts

Well for me the crate doesn't spawn anymore.

• Josesanz95
    3 posts

Same issue here, the crate doesnt spawn anymore, so there is no way to complete the quest

• FW_LOKUS
    3 posts

Same Problem. At first you can grab the Box and run away with it, but Winchell seems to reposition himself during this procedure and you can´t talk to him anymore because of that. Restarted the game, tried to load a Savegame before i grabbed the Box, and it simple didnt appear anymore.

• OhhQuinnFX
    19 posts

@ohhquinnfx Update: I'm restarting my story. Can't be bothered to wait for an ubisoft bug fix, usually they don't even do that. If you're going for completionist just reset your game 😞

• Kultowy97
    20 posts

This is the first time I have encountered so many bugs, I have the feeling that the further we move in the plot, the game crashes more and more, if it was one bug in a side mission that's ok, but after 17 hours of play, I came across 5 errors that prevent you from continuing the game and side attractions such as entering the world of Valhalla or getting Thor's armor, do you think restarting the game will help?

• OhhQuinnFX
    19 posts

@ohhquinnfx O, MY, DEAR, GOD... DO NOT DO THIS I REPEAT DO NOT DO THIS! I lost all my DLCs!!!!! All my packs from ultimate edition are GONE! HELP!

• Kultowy97
    20 posts

@ohhquinnfx after restarting the game ?! are these some jokes? good that I haven't done it yet.

• OhhQuinnFX
    19 posts

@kultowy97 My bad, the dlc's only unlock after a mission 😛 Woopsie! I got 'm now. Im rushing the story till I go to England, instantly going to the Winchell quest and updating y'all if I can do it then or not.

• Kultowy97
    20 posts

@ohhquinnfx although it's good, I am waiting for information from you whether restarting the game will help

• Silverex73
    1 posts

So i was trying to steal the box with clothes of the naked people that danced at the river, the game had a error and shut itself. Now there is no box of clothes anymore. It just dissapeared and i cannot finish the quest. Anyone the same problem or a workaorund? I searched everywhere for the box but its gone haha

• FatelessLegend
    2 posts

@silverex73 Yo had the same problem but once the box is gone that’s it man you gotta try and reload to before you started the quest or to a point before you touched the box

• StewyCheetah118
    1 posts

Same problem for me. Need a fix asap. Very annoying and poor design. Devs need to get on these small bugs bc they making the game annoying to play. I took the box up the hill and nothing happened so I throw it into the lake and it disappeared. Now this quest is just sitting here and I cannot complete it.

• OhhQuinnFX
    19 posts

[NO FIX]

• Fast travelling away and coming back does NOT reset this world events progress. (- tested by me)
    • Trying to find the crate somewhere close will not work, I've looked over two hours trying to find it, before I reset my game progress. (- tested by me)
    • Trying the kill the NPC will not work. He is some kind of god, he is unkillable. Damage, wolves, arrows, fire, nothing worked 😞 (- tested by me)

[POSSIBLE FIX]

• Start a new story.

This WORKED for me. However you need to decide if it is worth it, losing all your previous gameplay for one world event. If you're going for completionist, I guess it is worth it (if you cba to wait if this will ever get patched, because Ubisoft knowing, ... well, it might never get fixed 😛 ).
    However I lost 16h of gameplay by starting a new story, I'm happy there is still a way I might be able to get completionist at the end 😉

If you don't think it's worth it to replay the story till now, wait for the first or coming patches from the game in the next days or weeks. Since it's a pritty common bug, I think they will patch it sooner or later.

I hope I won't encounter more bugs like this in the near future, one setback for 3h of gameplay was already enough from a glitched cinematic, no way I'm resetting a 2nd time for another bug later in the story.

note: this is not an official ubisoft answer. there is a chanse starting a new game won't fix your issues. i'm not accountable for lost progress if yours still doesn't work after a new story.
    forgive my grammar mistakes, its currently 3am for me and im tired if these stupid bugs 😄

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics