Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1057 posts

Thanks for the video, @HoriZzonZz-UK! I've passed this along to the development team for a closer look.

If we require any further information from you, we will reach out to you within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within our News & Announcements forum for future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • HoriZzonZz.UK
    8 posts

@Ubi-Borealis Hi there, just wondering if there's an update on the above, please?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @HoriZzonZz-UK!

At this moment in time, the development team is still investigating the looping cutscene during this mystery further. There's no new information to share regarding the status of the investigation currently. Please be assured that any updates will be shared either in this thread or within the News & Announcements forum once they're made available.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • Red.Valkyrie
    1 posts

So I was having the same problem as the people who brought the box to Winchell but had no dialogue options.I grabbed the box and placed it next to his tent which is slightly lower down the hill and this seemed to have worked!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Red-Valkyrie! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm glad to hear that you've been able to complete this mystery! From my own playthrough, I remember having to leave the box by Winchell's tent, rather than next to him on the top of the hill. It took me a couple of attempts to find this out, so this may not be clear for other players as well. If you're able to collect the box of clothes from the nudist camp, I'd recommend trying to place the box by his tent first to see if this triggers the interaction with him afterwards.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Plastis_Wafer
    1 posts

I’m almost 350 hours into my game, on PS4, and finally focusing to tie up loose ends and platinum. I completed everything, except for a handful of world events, one of which is Winchell. The crate doesn’t spawn. I can talk to him, talk to her, I ended up with that weird loop of angry semi-nudes after disrobing, and had to reload out of that, I’ve tried fast traveling, other recent reloads, though obviously I had nothing from before I first encountered the event months ago. Then tonight I tried starting a new game and getting through to England, then completing this event, which worked properly, and following that, reloading my main (basically, but not quite complete) game, as this was a fix for others to get a newly spawned crate. Didn’t work for me, though. I noticed in the fresh game, Winchell says more to explain the situation in the initial chat, and in my main game, upon initiating conversation, he’d only say the last bit about giving them what they deserve, as if Eivor is already clued into the basic situation. So it’s not a fresh start to the event, no matter what I try here. Any help you can offer to get full territorial completion?

As an aside, the whole area seems bugged for me. I’ve come across 4 avenge player quests around the “dancers” camp in the last few days, and upon hitting triangle to interact with each one, nothing happens and the body is just there. No quest, no confirmation. And today I freed a trapped wolf in the bushes right next to it, and it was happy enough to accompany me, but I didn’t get a skill point, which I have for those under normal circumstances in the past.
    ETA: right after posting this, went back to my game and saw a 5th avenge player body, this time in the water by the path, that still just fizzles after interacting.

• HoriZzonZz.UK
    8 posts

@plastis_wafer @Ubi-Borealis
    Still in the same boat here too.
    Very disappointed to see a big update come through this week but still no fix for this.....

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

The development team are still investigating the looping cutscene that can happen during "Winchell the Robesfree," which is why it was not included in TU 1.2.0. I am happy to say that the plan to resolve this in a future update. At this moment in time, we are unable to provide a definite ETA for this. Once we have more information from the investigation, we will share it within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@Plastis_Wafer - Welcome to the forums 🙂 Thank you for providing additional information about your experience with "Winchell the Robesfree," and for letting us know what you tried to resolve the issue. I'll let the development team know about the differences you found between the two interactions.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • dfin25000
    1 posts

Any news yet? I'm 175 hours into this and want to finish my platinum on PS4 and since I got [censored] off and threw it into the water 169 hours ago i have tried dozens of times and still no respawn.

• kernrock95
    1 posts

@Ubi-Borealis

I'm sure your hands are full, but is there any update to this? Not sure if I would continue a 100% playthrough if I can't get past this. Thanks

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics