Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Gravelmead
    Original poster 62 posts

I play Valhalla on release and it is a mess. The graphics were terrible, the optimization zero, most of the game was a slide show and there was a lot of things that just plain didn't seem to work. The next day or two I play again and the graphics are beautiful and it seems to run quite well with no obvious problems.
    I have seen no evidence of a major patch being downloaded. How have they done this? Maybe my computer was sleepy on release day and couldn't be bothered working properly, I don't know.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Aloninor
    94 posts

@gravelmead
    Mhhh if you say no patch was downloaded, maybe you had some other programs running on day 1? I also started playing on day 1 and game looks and runs absolutely amazing stable 60fps (capped it at that due to monitor limit) on highest graphic settings.

• kizza0721
    63 posts

When i first played the game (2nd day after release) i was frustrated amd angry at what looked like an unfinished, or at least unpolished game. Now it runs smoother and looks sharper. The combat still irritates me, but I'll learn to live with that. This is on PS4 Pro. So no background programs or anything else. Small patches can be downloaded and intalled on the fly with only a brief indication of it happening, which i have noticed when playing Division 2 at times.

• Gravelmead
    Original poster 62 posts

@kizza0721 Yes it improved significantly over something like 36/48 hours. I mean it made me happy. I thought I was going to be greeted by the same mess that experienced on day one, but instead of being disappointed I spent the day playing Valhalla. Your right, I have seen such things happen in Division 2 without there being any apparent download but was never quite sure if it was true or my imagination.
    Funny how it couldn't have been this way at launch seeing as they must have had the patch all ready to go.

• kizza0721
    63 posts

I know Division does it often, and when i do see it, the notification lasts about 2 seconds, if that. I think Valhalla would be similar. Minor changes would be 'hot fixed' without a shutdown or large download.

Side note - I thought i recognised your name from the other forum.

• longjohn119
    790 posts
    I play Valhalla on release and it is a mess. The graphics were terrible, the optimization zero, most of the game was a slide show and there was a lot of things that just plain didn't seem to work. The next day or two I play again and the graphics are beautiful and it seems to run quite well with no obvious problems.
    I have seen no evidence of a major patch being downloaded. How have they done this? Maybe my computer was sleepy on release day and couldn't be bothered working properly, I don't know.

For some reason some people that pre-loaded the game didn't get the "Day Zero" update patch when they launched the game for the first time ..... So it probably didn't download the V1.02 patch until you started up the game a day later ......

Still there are a metric sh-- ton of bugs .... but the real deal breaker for me is the Aim Assist is completely broken so the bows really suck ...... like AC III 2012 suck and maybe even worse than that .....

I just can't play it anymore since I can't use my preferred playstyle and am forced to brawl all the time and even that isn't as fun as Odyssey was especially when you can't hit the special NPC's weak points because the bow doesn't lock on to anything

• Aloninor
    94 posts

@longjohn119
    Don't know about consoles, but on PC you can completely disable aim assist. I feel the bow gameplay is magnificent! I have never used the bow (currently hunter bow) so much in any other AC before as I do in ACV.

While I also disabled aim assist in Origins and Odyssey, this time around it just feels so much better I think.

• longjohn119
    790 posts
    @longjohn119
    Don't know about consoles, but on PC you can completely disable aim assist. I feel the bow gameplay is magnificent! I have never used the bow (currently hunter bow) so much in any other AC before as I do in ACV.

While I also disabled aim assist in Origins and Odyssey, this time around it just feels so much better I think.

You misunderstand it is PERMANENTLY DISABLED ..... It does not work at all and it sucks .....

Go over to my YouTube channel and you'll see I could do things with a bow in Odyssey that most people thought were impossible ..... Like kill all the Artemis Animals in 10-30 seconds ...... Kill Level 99 Mercs at level 78 or Level 71 Mercs at level 57 ..... or take out 38 Mercs in 38 Minutes with no cuts or edits ......

https://www.youtube.com/view_all_playlists?nv=1

• Aloninor
    94 posts

@longjohn119
    Ah alright, yes I misunderstood. I would see this as a good thing. But of course I understand that if you want to use assistance while aiming it sucks that the feature isn't functioning as intended...

• bitebug2003
    107 posts

Stealth doesn't work if enemies are clumped up together

There were 4 enemies clumped together in this area 🤔undefined

• longjohn119
    790 posts

@bitebug2003 Yeah I noticed that too when I went in alone to do a Monastery so I turned to my bow but quickly ran out of arrows because you can't lock on to moving targets so you waste arrows ..... and what made matters worse is the "Call in the Troops" horn didn't work either so I had to brawl with them myself until I recovered some arrows and then accidently shot a cage door and a prisoner started coming out and helping me so I released a bunch of them to help me fight .... problem with that though is they all ran away and wouldn't help me break down a door and it took me 5 or 6 more times on the horn to get them to come and assist with one lousy door and chest

So the next monastery I raided I went in with all of them and when it came time to open out one of the big chests a crewmember got stuck and no one would help me .....

I'm done until they patch this mess up, it's just unplayable right now and not at all enjoyable because of the bugginess won't let you enjoy it ..... It'll eventually be a good game but who knows how long that will take?

Suggested Topics