Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • 0 Likes/53 Replies/456 Views
    AlCapwnd5
    Original poster 7 posts

Playing on Xbox one X, the animations for fishing are not playing when readying the line and casting. Also there seems to be plentiful screen tearing going on throughout the game. Not sure if the fishing was known or not.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to say that title update 1.1.0 (patch notes here) released today, and in it was included a fix for the missing swimming animations for fish:

Addressed an issue where fish may lay on its side during the fishing animation.

Following this update, it would be appreciated if we could receive confirmation that the fish now swim as intended, and also that they are visible when caught. If these issues persist, we'd like to collect short video clips demonstrating this so that we can reopen the investigation with the developers. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding, and please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or feedback! πŸ™‚

Official Response
  • Steven6677
    2 posts

Whenever I'm fishing and get a fish on the line. The fish doesnt move while you're pulling it in, and it is laying on its side. Like it is dead. Then when you get it in. It is invisible in his hands.

• Ronaldngjy
    1 posts

@steven6677 I had the exact same issue here. What platform are you playing in? I'm playing in PC platform. I saw in YouTube ( I guess were PS or Xbox ), the fishes were moving when pulling in the fishing line and when it is caught, there is a fish animation in the hands.

• kizza0721
    63 posts

I have the same thing on Ps4 Pro.

• kizza0721
    63 posts

When i go fishing and hook a fish, the animations stop. The fish appears dead, laying on it's side. Just looks like it's being dragged around in the water. Sometimes the fish runs and pulls away, but even then it's on it's side and just dragging. Then when it says i caught a fish, say brown trout (big) Eivor holds out empty hands for a second or 2.

Seems like this part of the game is not finished. I was really excited when i found out i could go fishing, then when i did, it was just extremely poor and disappointing.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 672 posts

Hey folks! That's a very strange one. Is it happening every time you fish? Would you guys be able to provide a video of this happening so I can get it up to the devs?

Official Response
  • Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

I also have this issue (PS4) and I can add the water splash animation is far behind the "dead" fish. πŸ™„

• vmcgovern
    5 posts

Every time.

• vmcgovern
    5 posts
  • vmcgovern
    5 posts

@ubi-spud
    I tried to send a video. No permissions to do so. And I can’t delete the attempt.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 415 posts

Hello everyone! It sounds like this may be happening on all platforms. If you can provide a video, just post it to YouTube as unlisted and then post the link here. Thank you!

Official Response
  • vmcgovern
    5 posts

I zoomed out so you can see the fish is still on the line.

• Xpedicion
    1 posts

Same thing happening to me all the time (PC)

• asuhayda
    10 posts

@vmcgovern I can't get a video but it always happens when catching a very large fish. I'm on pc.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 672 posts

Thanks guys for the reports and videos! The developers have been made aware. Any updates to this will be communicated when available.

Official Response
  • MikkDC
    5 posts

Same problem. I play on base PS4 digital copy of the game on external hard drive, patch 1.02.
    The bug / glitch can be seen in action here

• Spartanary8
    2 posts

When catching big fish, Eivor moves like s/he is pulling it out of the water and holding it proudly in front of him/her for a moment.
    Just that there's no fish in his/her hands. They're empty.
    Just an optical bug because you still gain the resources but it's an obvious one...

• Littlebits744
    2 posts

@kizza0721 I'm having the same issue. Fish animation locks/freezes when a fish is hooked on the line, then when I pull them out the fish are invisible. Looks just like the video that was posted. Eivor will even move like the fish is in her hands but the fish visuals didn't load or something.

• Littlebits744
    2 posts

@mikkdc This is EXACTLY what's happening in my game. I've never actually seen what the fish look like out of the water.πŸ˜‘

• caspeer_costel
    13 posts

@littlebits744 Same issue on the PS5. It worked for my first 3-4 fish and ever since then it's been stuck like this. I've loaded the game again, restarted the console, even reinstalled the game and the issue persists 3 days later.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics