Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • 0 Likes/21 Replies/65 Views
    AlCapwnd5
    Original poster 7 posts

Playing on Xbox one X, the animations for fishing are not playing when readying the line and casting. Also there seems to be plentiful screen tearing going on throughout the game. Not sure if the fishing was known or not.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 576 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to say that title update 1.1.0 (patch notes here) released today, and in it was included a fix for the missing swimming animations for fish:

Addressed an issue where fish may lay on its side during the fishing animation.

Following this update, it would be appreciated if we could receive confirmation that the fish now swim as intended, and also that they are visible when caught. If these issues persist, we'd like to collect short video clips demonstrating this so that we can reopen the investigation with the developers. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding, and please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or feedback! 🙂

Official Response
  • kizza0721
    63 posts

When i go fishing and hook a fish, the animations stop. The fish appears dead, laying on it's side. Just looks like it's being dragged around in the water. Sometimes the fish runs and pulls away, but even then it's on it's side and just dragging. Then when it says i caught a fish, say brown trout (big) Eivor holds out empty hands for a second or 2.

Seems like this part of the game is not finished. I was really excited when i found out i could go fishing, then when i did, it was just extremely poor and disappointing.

• MikkDC
    5 posts

Same problem. I play on base PS4 digital copy of the game on external hard drive, patch 1.02.
    The bug / glitch can be seen in action here

• Littlebits744
    2 posts

@kizza0721 I'm having the same issue. Fish animation locks/freezes when a fish is hooked on the line, then when I pull them out the fish are invisible. Looks just like the video that was posted. Eivor will even move like the fish is in her hands but the fish visuals didn't load or something.

• Littlebits744
    2 posts

@mikkdc This is EXACTLY what's happening in my game. I've never actually seen what the fish look like out of the water.😑

• caspeer_costel
    13 posts

@littlebits744 Same issue on the PS5. It worked for my first 3-4 fish and ever since then it's been stuck like this. I've loaded the game again, restarted the console, even reinstalled the game and the issue persists 3 days later.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

Hey folks,

Sorry to hear that you have all encountered this.

The team are aware of this bug and looking into it further.

Official Response
  • darynbray
    3 posts

@alcapwnd5 same bug on PS5, no animation, fish just float on surface as if dead. Also are invisible when landed!

• SIKnDaBRAIN
    1 posts

@kizza0721 This is annoying about to just give up on this game.

• MikkDC
    5 posts

@caspeer_costel Same just happened to me in patch 1.04. After loading up the game I immediately went fishing and it was fixed. The fish were swimming correctly when hooked and i could see them when i pulled them out the water. Then took a break from fishing, did Reda's daily missions and went back to fishing, only to find the no animation and invisible fishing bug had returned 😞

• Nordrir
    5 posts

Since the previous patch (and was not fixed in 1.04), fish are no longer swimming when I catch them. They also seem to be having a placeholder generic fish sometimes (e.g. a salmon looks like a grey trout, after hooking). Before catching, they are working fine, but will stop swimming and appear to be on their side until you reel them in. When catching, there is no animation, and catching big ones where you would usually be cradling the fish, you hold nothing but air, and the string seems to still run from the hand to the water.

I can present video of the issue, just need to cut the video to size. This has been ongoing past reloads, restarts, zoning, and patching.

• NuSuNo
    1 posts

@kizza0721 having the same problem, all the fish swim on its side and the fish invisible on Eivor hand. hope they fix it fast, I want to enjoy fishing

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 526 posts

Hi everyone! As Ubi-Swaggins mentioned above, our team is aware of this visual error and are working on a solution. We sincerely appreciate everyone's continued patience with us while we get the fish animations sorted. 🐠

Official Response
  • caspeer_costel
    13 posts
    Hi everyone! As Ubi-Swaggins mentioned above, our team is aware of this visual error and are working on a solution. We sincerely appreciate everyone's continued patience with us while we get the fish animations sorted. 🐠

Thanks for the follow-up

• Nordrir
    5 posts

Here's a video of two different fishing related bugs, including the non-swimming fish

• UbiKoality
    Ubisoft Support Staff 411 posts

@nordrir Hello there! I'm sorry to hear about this bug you've encountered with the fish in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Thank you SO much for including additional details and a video of the problem! This is all incredibly helpful when reporting bugs in new games, so I genuinely appreciate your assistance here. 🙂 With that being said, I've just passed this information and your video along to the team. I would suggest checking our Known Issues Megathread for updates in the meantime. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 576 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to say that title update 1.1.0 (patch notes here) released today, and in it was included a fix for the missing swimming animations for fish:

Addressed an issue where fish may lay on its side during the fishing animation.

Following this update, it would be appreciated if we could receive confirmation that the fish now swim as intended, and also that they are visible when caught. If these issues persist, we'd like to collect short video clips demonstrating this so that we can reopen the investigation with the developers. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding, and please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or feedback! 🙂

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    415 posts

@ubi-woofer For me (PC) the fishing animation bugs are fixed:

• fish are swimming correctly, not just lying on their sides
    • small and medium fish can be seen when taken out of the water
    • Eivor is now holding large fish

None of these worked for me before ever.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 666 posts

@Kormac67 - Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for updating us and letting us know that these issues have been fixed for you! 😊

Official Response
  • NMEYER1206
    5 posts

Patch 1.1.2 installed on the PS4.
    Occasionally, the hooked fish, which is white in Odin's sight, does not turn orange/red but disappears.
    The controller buzzes like the fish is on the line, but the fish cannot be reeled in.
    One must quit fishing to resolve the problem.
    Still extant for 1.1.2

Community details

Users
Topics