Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

Hey folks,

Sorry to hear that you have all encountered this.

The team are aware of this bug and looking into it further.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to say that title update 1.1.0 (patch notes here) released today, and in it was included a fix for the missing swimming animations for fish:

Addressed an issue where fish may lay on its side during the fishing animation.

Following this update, it would be appreciated if we could receive confirmation that the fish now swim as intended, and also that they are visible when caught. If these issues persist, we'd like to collect short video clips demonstrating this so that we can reopen the investigation with the developers. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding, and please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or feedback! 🙂

Official Response
  • Guardian576487
    1 posts

I have encountered two bugs so far. One makes it so any customization I make to which NPCs are in my crew on my longship isn't saved. Another makes it so some fish appear to be already dead when they're swimming and they're invisible when Eivor pulls them from the water.

• darynbray
    3 posts

@alcapwnd5 same bug on PS5, no animation, fish just float on surface as if dead. Also are invisible when landed!

• SIKnDaBRAIN
    1 posts

@kizza0721 This is annoying about to just give up on this game.

• MikkDC
    5 posts

@caspeer_costel Same just happened to me in patch 1.04. After loading up the game I immediately went fishing and it was fixed. The fish were swimming correctly when hooked and i could see them when i pulled them out the water. Then took a break from fishing, did Reda's daily missions and went back to fishing, only to find the no animation and invisible fishing bug had returned 😞

• Goonna
    1 posts

When pulling out the fishing line and jumping in the water, the hands stay the same instead of the swimming animations.

• WillyMammoth887
    1 posts

In my game, every time I hook a fish it never animates like it should. I just lays there like an unmoving log until I fight it in, at which point the fish never even renders in Eivor's hands. Its really disappointing because i love the fishing mechanics in the game and its a great way to pass time but with this bug I lose a lot of immersion. And its just not as fun. Any help would be much appreciated!

• piddleput
    6 posts

@spartanary8

I have the same issue. I also posted about ti but it got moved to the forum feedback section for some reason. 😕

When I first started fishing I saw the fish animation, it changed after I progressed more in game. Did yours also start like that?

• Nordrir
    5 posts

Since the previous patch (and was not fixed in 1.04), fish are no longer swimming when I catch them. They also seem to be having a placeholder generic fish sometimes (e.g. a salmon looks like a grey trout, after hooking). Before catching, they are working fine, but will stop swimming and appear to be on their side until you reel them in. When catching, there is no animation, and catching big ones where you would usually be cradling the fish, you hold nothing but air, and the string seems to still run from the hand to the water.

I can present video of the issue, just need to cut the video to size. This has been ongoing past reloads, restarts, zoning, and patching.

• NuSuNo
    1 posts

@kizza0721 having the same problem, all the fish swim on its side and the fish invisible on Eivor hand. hope they fix it fast, I want to enjoy fishing

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hi everyone! As Ubi-Swaggins mentioned above, our team is aware of this visual error and are working on a solution. We sincerely appreciate everyone's continued patience with us while we get the fish animations sorted. 🐠

Official Response
  • caspeer_costel
    13 posts
    Hi everyone! As Ubi-Swaggins mentioned above, our team is aware of this visual error and are working on a solution. We sincerely appreciate everyone's continued patience with us while we get the fish animations sorted. 🐠

Thanks for the follow-up

• Nordrir
    5 posts

Here's a video of two different fishing related bugs, including the non-swimming fish

• davidv81
    65 posts

Hi.
    My fishing animation begun to be bugged a couple days ago.
    Now whenever I get a big fish, the animation triggers, but the fish is invisible at Eivor's hands.
    Not an important bug, but anyways...
    Thx for the help and good luck solving the problems

• SteewyDub
    29 posts

@davidv81 this started for me after 1.04 patch was installed.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

@davidv81 @SteewyDub Thanks for reporting this to us.

The AC team are aware of this issue, and it's something they are looking into at the moment.

Official Response
  • UbiKoality
    Ubisoft Support Staff 440 posts

@nordrir Hello there! I'm sorry to hear about this bug you've encountered with the fish in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Thank you SO much for including additional details and a video of the problem! This is all incredibly helpful when reporting bugs in new games, so I genuinely appreciate your assistance here. 🙂 With that being said, I've just passed this information and your video along to the team. I would suggest checking our Known Issues Megathread for updates in the meantime. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!

Official Response
  • SwwimmYMCA
    3 posts

Fish animation missing after any big fish is caught.

• Kormac67
    497 posts

@swwimmymca Same here (PC).

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@swwimmymca
    Same on ps4
    Started after 1.04 patch

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics