Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• asuhayda
    10 posts

@vmcgovern I can't get a video but it always happens when catching a very large fish. I'm on pc.

• Nightfrogdiver
    1 posts

you can’t see fish after catch them. When you get a big one and it pauses for a photo you are just holding air.

• Wul3l3idu
    2 posts

Hi,

at first everything went well with fishing, could take some nice pictures with big fish.

But later the same day all fish are invisible after pulling them out of the water. Also they are swimming on the side which looks very weird. Not sure if only the big fish are doing that or as soon as you hook them.

I'd upload a picture with Eivor holding a big air fish but seems the pictures you take ingame are too big for your forum. 😞

• plochol
    23 posts

Exactly same on PC here.

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 149 posts

@weltenbruch2020 Thanks for the video.
    I've passed this on to the game team for further investigation.

Do you find this happens every time you catch a fish, or does this only happen sometimes?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 700 posts

Thanks guys for the reports and videos! The developers have been made aware. Any updates to this will be communicated when available.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 79 posts

Thanks for providing this feedback and sorry to hear you have experienced this while fishing in game. If you are able to replicate this could we ask if you could provide a short video clip showing this and we will be sure to get this looked into further.

Official Response
  • MikkDC
    5 posts

Same problem. I play on base PS4 digital copy of the game on external hard drive, patch 1.02.
    The bug / glitch can be seen in action here

• Khorne1977
    5 posts

Another PS4 (base model) user here to confirm the same issue, the big fish animation plays, but the fish itself isn't visible when Eivor should be holding it. Checked the Valhalla threads of known issues/bugs & nothing appears to relating to this.

• Weltenbruch2020
    16 posts

No, its like that everytime. Thanks for looking into it.

• Spartanary8
    2 posts

When catching big fish, Eivor moves like s/he is pulling it out of the water and holding it proudly in front of him/her for a moment.
    Just that there's no fish in his/her hands. They're empty.
    Just an optical bug because you still gain the resources but it's an obvious one...

• Littlebits744
    2 posts

@kizza0721 I'm having the same issue. Fish animation locks/freezes when a fish is hooked on the line, then when I pull them out the fish are invisible. Looks just like the video that was posted. Eivor will even move like the fish is in her hands but the fish visuals didn't load or something.

• Littlebits744
    2 posts

@mikkdc This is EXACTLY what's happening in my game. I've never actually seen what the fish look like out of the water.😑

• caspeer_costel
    13 posts

@littlebits744 Same issue on the PS5. It worked for my first 3-4 fish and ever since then it's been stuck like this. I've loaded the game again, restarted the console, even reinstalled the game and the issue persists 3 days later.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 359 posts

Hey folks,

Sorry to hear that you have all encountered this.

The team are aware of this bug and looking into it further.

Official Response
  • Guardian576487
    1 posts

I have encountered two bugs so far. One makes it so any customization I make to which NPCs are in my crew on my longship isn't saved. Another makes it so some fish appear to be already dead when they're swimming and they're invisible when Eivor pulls them from the water.

• darynbray
    3 posts

@alcapwnd5 same bug on PS5, no animation, fish just float on surface as if dead. Also are invisible when landed!

• piddleput
    6 posts

When I fish, if I catch a large one the fish npc/image won't appear. Eiver still has the pose of holding something but the fish is invisible. On PC.

• SIKnDaBRAIN
    1 posts

@kizza0721 This is annoying about to just give up on this game.

• MikkDC
    5 posts

@caspeer_costel Same just happened to me in patch 1.04. After loading up the game I immediately went fishing and it was fixed. The fish were swimming correctly when hooked and i could see them when i pulled them out the water. Then took a break from fishing, did Reda's daily missions and went back to fishing, only to find the no animation and invisible fishing bug had returned 😞

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics