Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Kormac67
    525 posts

@jsrg1840 I have played since launch (1.02) and never ever seen Eivor holding a fish.
    Posing with empty hands only.

• ozJohnD
    11 posts

as with me - on PS4 pro
    not game breaking but seriously weird as Eivor's animation is correct, just no fish appearing in his/her hands.

• Kormac67
    525 posts

@ozjohnd Looks like the fish textures or models are missing.
    I did a scan&repair, no avail.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hiya folks! This issue with fish animations not appearing after a big fish has been caught is currently being reviewed further. As soon as we have more information on this particular bug, we'll post about it on the game's official website. I'm incredibly sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime, but sincerely appreciate everyone's patience as we work to resolve this error.

Official Response
  • Liaml2122
    1 posts

Not a major bug but man I'm sick of pulling invisible fish out the water with my fishing line 😒😂

• Kormac67
    525 posts

@ubiexcellent This is fully fixed with 1.1.0:

• fish don't lie on their sides now while you pull them in
    • you can see Eivor pulling small and medium sized fish out of the water
    • you can see Eivor holding large fish now

I had never seen one of these correctly before.

If anyone wants to verify - the pond north east of Anlafs lookout waypoint in southern Eurvicsshire (where the arc starts) is a perfect spot for catching big fish.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@kormac67
    Those are insignificant and miniscule compared to things not spawning at all.

They're silly, stupid, and show a sheer lapsidasical attitude to their work. However they dont stop progressing in sections of the game.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to say that title update 1.1.0 (patch notes here) released today, and in it was included a fix for the missing swimming animations for fish:

Addressed an issue where fish may lay on its side during the fishing animation.

Following this update, it would be appreciated if we could receive confirmation that the fish now swim as intended, and also that they are visible when caught. If these issues persist, we'd like to collect short video clips demonstrating this so that we can reopen the investigation with the developers. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding, and please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or feedback! 🙂

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    525 posts

@ubi-woofer For me (PC) the fishing animation bugs are fixed:

• fish are swimming correctly, not just lying on their sides
    • small and medium fish can be seen when taken out of the water
    • Eivor is now holding large fish

None of these worked for me before ever.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@kormac67 Thanks for confirming these issues have been fixed with the latest update! I'm delighted to hear that, and appreciate you following up.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1493 posts

@Kormac67 - Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for updating us and letting us know that these issues have been fixed for you! 😊

Official Response
  • NMEYER1206
    5 posts

Patch 1.1.2 installed on the PS4.
    Occasionally, the hooked fish, which is white in Odin's sight, does not turn orange/red but disappears.
    The controller buzzes like the fish is on the line, but the fish cannot be reeled in.
    One must quit fishing to resolve the problem.
    Still extant for 1.1.2

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1493 posts

Hello there @NMEYER1206!

Thanks for taking the time to report this. I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble reeling in fish. Would you be able to open a new thread about this issue, and include a video in that thread? This way, we can keep the investigation separate to the fish having no swimming animation/appearing invisible when caught.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics