Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• EpochVoyager
    Original poster 2 posts

First of all, as a Steam Controller user, I was ecstatic to see this option and its description in Valhalla's menu. Really appreciate the option to flip the joysticks for specific uses as well. Didn't think Ubisoft would do something like this the third time around, and I'm absolutely glad that they did - especially since they love to change joystick deadzones and response curves for things like aiming, which makes using joystick emulation quite the pain. So, for that, I salute you. Maybe someone over there bought a Steam Controller on that last sale, huh?

But, it is currently broken, even if it is kind of usable. Not only does switching input modes make the game freeze for a moment, menus are completely non-navigable through mixed inputs. I have to resort to using my keyboard and mouse because of this, just for navigating the menus.

A simple fix for this would be to map the mouse to the joystick cursor or vice-versa, or even mapping mouse movement to scrolling - DOOM 2016 does something like the latter in its automap, although the mouse sensitivity setting sadly doesn't apply for that implementation.

Not only that, but mouse sensitivity in this mode seems to be far higher than when just using regular KBM, which is precisely the opposite of what you'd want for say, a Steam Controller, or even a regular mouse with high DPI - you'd want very low in-game sensitivity and high sensitivity on the controller/mouse, for smoother aiming and better precision.

Given the game's current overall glitchiness, I get that this is a niche use-case that shouldn't be high priority - but it also shouldn't require that much legwork to fix, and it would be an absolute godsend: "How you play can be just as important as what you play".

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TIM3BOMBtaha
    5 posts

@epochvoyager I literally have this exact issue, and when I use my controller wirelessly its the glitchiest experience and if it disconnects then the whole game just freezes.

• EpochVoyager
    Original poster 2 posts

After doing some more testing, menus are technically usable, but I can't use inputs simultaneously. So I have to move the cursor and then press on the option I'm hovering over and brace for the input change freeze. That constant freezing - and the cursor constantly changing between input types - really makes things feel not very fun or polished, to put it lightly.

• Kampfhirn
    4 posts

@epochvoyager I had the same problem, disabling the rumble feature solved the problem for me.

• Hertzkasper
    1 posts

@epochvoyager What I do not understand about this: It worked fine in AC Odyssey with mixed inputs. So why not keeping it? Do they always start projects from scratch? Same with the camera.

• Petkokr
    2 posts

Hmm, after almost 3 months of game out and this bug is still NOT fixed, i know there is workarround to turn of vibrations or do not use hybrid mode, but thats not really a fix - i would like to have a vibrations on and also use hybrid mode i guess it should not be a big issue because this is new to valhalla - in oddysey it was working perfectly, please fix this, thanks

Suggested Topics