Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Toebak1972
    Original poster 2 posts

I've done a quest with Tarben, but now he keeps following me everywhere i go.... i'm back in Raventhorpe at the bakkery....

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Title update 1.1.0 launches today (you can read the full patch notes here) and in it we have resolved an issue where Tarben would follow Eivor everywhere after starting his mission "The Baker's Plaint". If you download the update, apply it to your game, and then load your save game, you should find that he is no longer trailing after you everywhere!

If, after the update, you do notice this unusual behaviour continues, please provide us with a video of it occurring as well as an image of your software version so we can get this looked into! Thank you all for your patience and understanding while we looked into this. Enjoy the rest of Assassin's Creed Valhalla! 🙂

Official Response
  • jackh2001
    2 posts

Can't get rid of him. Checked my quest logs and can't see anything about him. If I fast travel away he just run's to me and will eventually catch up? It's really annoying, does anyone know a fix?

• Droid8Apple
    24 posts

Was it in Lunden? When it started? This happened to me! LoL. I took a picture of us hanging out.

The NPC was the person I did the archery contest against; without spoilers it's part of the Lunden quests and also leads to an Order member. I have no idea why it happened, but anyhow that's who it was for me lol. You're not alone.

And what a surprise that yet another day goes on that there hasn't been a patch... really don't understand why Devs think they need to gather and tackle as many bugs as possible then update (breaking even more stuff in the process). Pick a day of the week and patch it every week until the bugs are gone

• jackh2001
    2 posts

@droid8apple I can't remember where it started tbh but its really annoying, gets in the way when im trying to sneak around a castle etc

• guest-2UV0t1iG
    1 posts

While playing AC Valhalla, when I'm in my own settlement Tarben keeps on following me. I've completed the mission and yet still he follows me around and saying the same sentences over and over and over again.

• Lumox2
    2 posts

I have a random guy dressed in blue armor following me around is there a way to get rid of him I’ve been playing for about 45 hours and I still don’t know how to get rid of him he’s just an annoyance could anybody please explain to me how to get rid of them if you can

• Harry_Greers
    8 posts

@lumox2 Never had that problem. Can you just teleport to another area? That might remove him.

• geoage095
    39 posts

@lumox2 Ok,not gonna lie...this made me laugh.First time I hear of this bug ad i've on the forums since release. Sorry,but i've alse never heard of something like this happening to anyone else.

• UbiT00n
    Community Manager 73 posts

@lumox2 Oh boy. Is he part of a side quest or world event? Where did you come across him? Do you have a screenshot at all?
    Have you tried to fast travel somewhere, that tends to stop people from following you actively?

Official Response
  • Abeonis
    55 posts

@lumox2 Is he singing poorly-formed poems about your exploits and how you've bravely ran away?

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @lumox2 Is he singing poorly-formed poems about your exploits and how you've bravely ran away?

Then he is probably a bard and he's suppose to follow you. 😉

• Lumox2
    2 posts

All I know is I have a screenshot but I don’t know how to add it I’m not on a computer I have an iPad and he follows me everywhere doesn’t matter what mission I am on or if I’m just running aroundHe’s just a pain because then he stands in the doorway is blocking me so I can’t get through I was just wondering if anybody had heard about such a thing

undefined

• Janus_FIN
    3 posts

@patricia81994 Gleewoman. The most annoying creature in the game. Just pay the most you can to get rid of her.

• UbiT00n
    Community Manager 73 posts

@lumox2 Hmm without a screenshot I cannot help as best as I'd like too, where is this happening to you?

Official Response
  • Abeonis
    55 posts

Then he is probably a bard and he's suppose to follow you. 😉

Yep. I was only partially joking in my post. There is the World Event in Essexe(?) where you have the female poet (wearing blue) follow you around until you pay her... I'm wondering if this is the person following OP.

• Fractal009
    64 posts

@lumox2

Good luck with this one dude ...

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    All I know is I have a screenshot but I don’t know how to add it I’m not on a computer I have an iPad and he follows me everywhere doesn’t matter what mission I am on or if I’m just running aroundHe’s just a pain because then he stands in the doorway is blocking me so I can’t get through I was just wondering if anybody had heard about such a thing

Is it by any chance this guy on the left ?

undefined

• SunkiN1
    4 posts

Yes, I also have a guy dressed in blue following me EVERYWHERE, he gets on my horse slows me down, he's on my long ship. He even disappears sometimes and randomly shows up in cut scenes minutes later and then follows me again... SUPER annoying. The worst was trying to fish with his big [censored] pixel in the way.

• SunkiN1
    4 posts

@sunkin1 this is him.undefined

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@sunkin1 So, that guy is from your village. The quest might be called "Man of Mystery".

Suggested Topics