Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Crimlock
    Original poster 1 posts

I really hope this is a bug... I see one handed swords all over the place, but not for Eivor? If this is not a bug, please add them to the game? I just can’t imagine you guys not adding one handed swords... did you skip a page in the history book? 🙂

Also I don’t like the big Superman cape, could you add a hood as helmet?

And can you add the feature to change how the clothes look like in Odyssey?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts

IKR. Theres alot of people on here and reddit raging about this. Hopefully it gets added. Personally... im waiting until 1 handed swords get added to continue the game. Personal choice.

• quinch1199
    45 posts

Considering the most numerous melee weapons during this period were:

1 - Spears
    2 - Axes
    3 - One handed Swords/short swords

only after all these you have two handed swords and even those were far less numerous (i.e. very rare) to be actually used.

Come on Ubisoft, not like its a huge change in animation from using one handed axes!

Thinking about it...why can't we use spears? The most numerous melee weapon used and, again, only NPC's get them?

• longjohn119
    497 posts
    IKR. Theres alot of people on here and reddit raging about this. Hopefully it gets added. Personally... im waiting until 1 handed swords get added to continue the game. Personal choice.

You are going to wait forever because like shields in Odyssey, one handed swords aren't going to happen ...... They'd have to redo a lot of the physics and likely replace a function completely to get it to work on a PS4 or Xbox One which have no space to expand anything due to their power and memory limitations

• jfkflevoland
    10 posts

@quinch1199 I have never heard of the existence of two-handed swords in the early middle ages (or antiquity for that matter) altogether. They only appear in the late middle ages.

A spear can be used in Valhalla, I did so for a long time. What bothers me though is that can't be used in combination with a shield.

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@jfkflevoland you can use shield and spear at the same time. You just have to unlock the skill heavy dual wield.

• quinch1199
    45 posts

@fgx1988 time to look over that skill tree more then!

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts

You are going to wait forever because like shields in Odyssey, one handed swords aren't going to happen ...... They'd have to redo a lot of the physics and likely replace a function completely to get it to work on a PS4 or Xbox One which have no space to expand anything due to their power and memory limitations

So be it then. The shields a totally different situation tho. The mechanics of the spear in odysey made it impossible to implement shields. Theres no excuse here.

• Fruitloops3000
    28 posts

Its not hard. Use the same animations as axes. Npcs also have move sets incorporated in the physics engine. Its really not hard.

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@fruitloops3000 I think also that it should not be this hard. In Odyssey the complete fighting concept was createt for using the spear of leonidas in the left hand. To make us use shields it had required that they had to recreate the whole fighting concept. In this case it would not require a complete rework of the fighting concept to make us able to use one-handed swords. It would be just an expansion of the existing fighting concept. Aditionally all the animations and assets are already in the game. So the efforts are quiet low because they had just to implement some swords into the shops or the world were we can find them. I think it would not be completele unrealistic that Ubisoft implement it in the game in the future.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics