ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• harentius
    Original poster 6 posts

I don't even ask about Ukrainian localization (yeah, that would be awesome)
    I was very surprized (and false advertised on store page) that it is impossible to play Assassin's Creed Valhalla in English in Ukraine.
    Disgusting
    Just received refund from Epic Games Store.
    Why this game available only in Russian in Ukraine? And why does your store show prices in rubls?
    This is not relevant to Ukraine at all.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Keyesty
    2 posts

Ukraine left CIS in 2018
    Ukraine issued law "On the Functioning of the Ukrainian Language as the State One" in 2019 stating:

Article 27. The state language in the field of user interfaces of computer programs and websites
    1. A computer program with a user interface distributed in Ukraine must have a user interface in the state language and / or English or other official languages of the European Union.
    Failure to comply with this requirement has consequences determined by the legislation on consumer protection for the sale of goods of improper quality.

Yet when we try to purchase EU version (for full price mind you), Ubisoft redirects us to Russian store page with "Russian only" version.
    And EU store page itself is crying:

Seems this is not the store dedicated to your country. Not available for purchase due to geographical restrictions. This/these items may be available in your store. Back to your store

Our issue not with Russian version offering limited language options, our issue with being offered Russian version in first place, while we clearly not qualifying for it.

Ubisoft, please, fix your Store geographical restrictions for they are outdated.

• harentius
    Original poster 6 posts

@keyesty I agree with you.
    In my case it was slightly different situation: I bought game in the Epic Game store and I saw on their store page English support.
    So I was completely unaware of the fact that I'll be unable to play in English.
    I did not escalate this to Epic Game Store as "false advertising" only because they are fair with their refund policy (I took my money back in less than one day)
    But absence reaction from the Ubisoft forces me never again bought their games.

• Keyesty
    2 posts

@harentius
    Just went to Epic store today to see if they changed description to correctly display languages available.
    Err...
    "Languages Supported

• Audio: English, French, Italian, German Spanish (Spain), Russian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Japan / Menu + Subtitles: Spanish (LATAM), Korean, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Arabic"

I don't even know what to make of it.

• swdan
    14 posts

same problem. ticket no 13534656

not asking for regional price, just full legal english version for a full price would be ok

• LuxintN7
    2 posts

@swdan

not asking for regional price, just full legal english version for a full price would be ok

Exactly. Just let us pay the full price and get the full version of the game. But instead Ubisoft are breaking the local law and equalizing Ukrainians and Russians, which is very offensive because people literally die evey day as Russians are trying to destroy every other culture around them. And yet Ubisoft forces us to pay through Russian services and see everything though the the prism of the Russian culture.

• Dmitrii250585
    1 posts

@luxintn7 So much for a multicultural team of various beliefs, sexual orientations and gender identities.😧

• ArhiGodzilla
    1 posts

Just got a refund from Epic Games Store. This is just ridiculous.

• ceekay.sickart
    17 posts

I know this may sound as politics, but I really want Ubisoft to rethink the way they separate game localizations. Not all former URSS countries speak Russian, and not all former URSS countries gamers want to have Russian forced as an ONLY language in a game, specially when the vast majority of the gamers can speak and read English.

The next idea is a bit subjective to my own preferences, but some people might find it close to their own beliefs: I don't like to play games in Russian. I like the Russian language (It's a beautiful and colorful language), I can speak and write in Russian because it was a mandatory course when I was a pupil in school, but I favor English over Russian.

I don't like Russian in games because you can clearly feel the sound mixing is bad when the voices are overlayed on various game sequences. The lip sync is terrible.

You can't have Ezio Auditore speak in Russian with an Italian accent when the game is actually English with Italian accent.

• pesto.
    290 posts

This is particularly prescient and sad to read now.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 764 posts

Hello @ceekay-sickart , thank you for the feedback provided.

As of now, we don't have any news about the game localization availability in other languages, however we are working on creating Ubisoft Store for Ukrainian players where they will be able to access their own dedicated Store from tomorrow, in English and will be able to pay in their local currency.

For other countries that were using the Russian Store, we are working on a solution and will have an update soon.

Feel free to get back in touch if you have any other questions.

Official Response
  • swdan
    14 posts

@ubi-oxavo thanks. it took more then 2 years to fix the shop, sadly have no much time to play right now as we have some tiny russian problem over here, hopefuly to be resolved in coming days.

• hijiki13
    1 posts

Well that's all fine and dandy, but wth am I supposed to do with my pre-ordered russian-locked Complete Edition now?? Can't refund it, can't change to english and I REFUSE to play it in russian. As a ukrainian it's extremely frustrating, especially now.

• harentius
    Original poster 6 posts

So we need a war to make Ubisoft act.
    Honestly, that is pathetic.

• Sadki_Samurai
    2 posts

@harentius Hi there! I also really need it)

• GameGuru2018
    220 posts
    ..... I REFUSE to play it in russian. As a ukrainian it's extremely frustrating, especially now.

Language and politics are different things.

It's just a language.
    Language is not guilty of anything.

Play in a language you understand.

• harentius
    Original poster 6 posts

@gameguru2018 Oh yes. I bet you are russian.
    I understand English better then russian.
    Also a lot of younger people there don't understand russian at all.
    So why did you bring politics here?
    We just want to be able to play either our native language, or global (English). And I thing that global should be with no conditions - it is not hard for Ubisoft do do so.
    So please, don't bring politics in this topic. Message of it is very straightforward: it is simply "Allow play English version in Ukraine". That's all.

• Arensol-
    1 posts

@ubi-oxavo
    Hi Ubi-Oxavo,

I saw your post and got excited yesterday . When I went to buy, I was re-directed to Ubisoft Store IE(international) with all languages shown as supported including English, German etc. and price shown in UAH for me, however, after I purchased the game I came to find that "russian" is still the only option for me.

I then contacted Ubisoft Support and they told me russian is in fact the only option for my region and that they are not able to add any languages for me, so I'm forced to play in russian or not at all. This is disgusting and unacceptable, especially now in these dire times in Ukraine.

Please forward this feedback to appropriate team and let me know if you need any proof for investigation.

Suggested Topics