Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BoabH
    Original poster 6 posts

Why is it that in a single player game, we are constantly spammed with screengrabs of syncpoints from random players? Why can't I play co-op with a friend, but have to get spammed by other online players? Why is it that we have to go into the legend and 'hide' them? Why is it that 'hiding' them does absolutely NOTHING? Why are they even a thing?

Any devs reading this (I know they will but they'll do nothing as usual because I've already paid my money!), can you explain the thought process behind this 'feature'? Who thought it was a good idea to make it mandatory that we all have to suffer adding to an already over populated map? Why is it I can turn off markers for everything on the map and they'll stay turned off, but should I not want to see a stupid screengrab, it's as if I've went to the gates of heaven and flipped off god himself? Why do I have to individually 'hide' each one then have to confirm each time that I've no interest? Why? WHY?

It's the worst 'feature' I've ever seen in any video game EVER! "Let's fill your single player game map with hundreds of random peoples screengrabs that you never asked for nor need"!!!!

Please, just bin it!!!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@boabh Could not agree more. I hate that every single damn (why does Ubi censor out the word [censored]) time I went into the map in Odyssey I had to turn the damn community photo's off. I've been playing valhalla since launch and have yet to find the option to turn off. When you say you can "hide" each one, you mean I have to actually bring each one up and then hide them individually, seriously??!!

Like you, I'd really like to hear any of the devs logic on this. NOBODY CARES ABOUT ANYBODY ELSE'S RANDOM PHOTO'S IN THIS GAME!!!!! Thanks for bringing this to light.

• BoabH
    Original poster 6 posts

@forcefrank If you go into the legend (Edit: On the map!) and scroll all the way down, you'll see 'Misc'... If you click on the 'Misc' box you can toggle it on and off... But it's useless, you have to exit the map then re-entre to have the images gone... But the next time you open your map, there they are!! You can also hide each one individually (which seems to work but is tedious) by scrolling over them and hitting down on the D-pad, you'll then be prompted to confirm you have no interest in this stupid feature!

• longjohn119
    546 posts
    @boabh Could not agree more. I hate that every single damn (why does Ubi censor out the word [censored]) time I went into the map in Odyssey I had to turn the damn community photo's off. I've been playing valhalla since launch and have yet to find the option to turn off. When you say you can "hide" each one, you mean I have to actually bring each one up and then hide them individually, seriously??!!

Like you, I'd really like to hear any of the devs logic on this. NOBODY CARES ABOUT ANYBODY ELSE'S RANDOM PHOTO'S IN THIS GAME!!!!! Thanks for bringing this to light.

I know I got censored for saying [censored] but I've seen other dropping F-bombs ...... I had one post I tried to make blocked as spam for reason I still can't figure out .... It never happened again

This new message board is as buggy as the game is ..... I guess it's a matched set

• OxIdOAC
    22 posts

@boabh Already mentioned here:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/77335/pc-how-to-remove-screenshots-from-map

I guess it's a bug, and would be addressed in the future...

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@boabh It's just beyond ignorant from a software development standpoint, I mean seriously, what were they thinking?!

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@oxidoac Thanks for the info. But I'm sorry to be a skeptic, but I'm like famous.last.words, hahahaha. Cheers.

• Wombles-_-
    12 posts

Hope this useless feature gets fixed, or better still switched off with the option of turning it on for those that like the map covered in crap photos, before i purchase the game when it's been patched and discounted. GR made me realise that they need six months after launch too sort some of the [censored] out, in any of their games.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@wombles-_ I think all AAA game companies should learn a lesson from the last 5-10 years. Never, ever give a release date until the game is 100 percent complete and fully tested. Putting crap out and then patching it to death all through the games life, including DLC, is just plain ignorant.

• Wombles-_-
    12 posts

@forcefrank

Unfortunately Frank with Ubi, any of their games needs at least six months. The only way game companies will stop pushing out half finished games is if player's stop paying for beta's, and that ain't going happen, but i'm happy too wait and get a game that's been tested and hopefully patched to a playable state, plus get it at a discounted price ;).

Though they nearly got me with this game and their magical promotion.

• bitebug2003
    98 posts

I complained about it in Origins, and in Odyssey, but now we have the option to hide them and it doesn't work ☹

Having to hide them individually is annoying and it breaks my immersion

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@bitebug2003 Agree, I've played everyday since launch and when I see the boxes on my map I just cringe. It shouldn't bother me this much, but it does, for me it's akin to being personally violated. Plus, and more importantly, it does break any kind of immersion we've experienced leading up to opening the map.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@forcefrank go into you map and go into legend, you can disable the photos from the map legend itself, it’s the bottom selection

• kariwashere
    6 posts

I'm also annoyed by this and I hope they fix this bug. I would love to be able to get rid of peoples photos but hiding them in the legend does nothing 😕

• uFamas
    25 posts

The Filter resets every time you start the game.
    Hiding photos is alot more annoying to me than salvaging gear in Odyssey ever was.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@frosthound030 Hmmmm, I'll try that, thanks for the tip.

• A-CDN-MTN-BEAR
    14 posts

It is now fixed, in the latest 1.0.4 update. Thank you, Ubisoft. 👍

• longjohn119
    546 posts

@a-cdn-mtn-bear
    Well at least the patch fixed one thing ...... It doesn't sound like it fixed much of anything else, the bows are still complete garbage .... Either give us some sort of lock mechanism or first person so you can actually hit something ...... So far I have 4 days playing this game and haven't touched it in 2 weeks and it looks like it's going to be another 2 weeks at best before they maybe get around to fixing the bows ..... Without aim lock/assist it's a deal breaker for me and I'm glad I got the game for free with a new CPU which was still worth the cost even without the game ..... Cripes I even set up a new YouTube channel just for this game but it's sitting empty with no content until I get some other new game likely it will be when Cyberpunk releases in 2 more weeks ......

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@longjohn119 I played for a few hours last night until I had to give up due to the game freezing on my Xbox One X, 3 times! I didn't even have time to see if they fixed photos because I was spending most of my time looking at a frozen scene or dumping out to the dashboard. Sad.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

Funny part: They constantly crash for me anyway. "Online communication error". Then all photos disappear 😄

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics