Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Wombles-_-
    12 posts

@forcefrank

Unfortunately Frank with Ubi, any of their games needs at least six months. The only way game companies will stop pushing out half finished games is if player's stop paying for beta's, and that ain't going happen, but i'm happy too wait and get a game that's been tested and hopefully patched to a playable state, plus get it at a discounted price ;).

Though they nearly got me with this game and their magical promotion.

• bitebug2003
    87 posts

I complained about it in Origins, and in Odyssey, but now we have the option to hide them and it doesn't work ☹️

Having to hide them individually is annoying and it breaks my immersion

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@bitebug2003 Agree, I've played everyday since launch and when I see the boxes on my map I just cringe. It shouldn't bother me this much, but it does, for me it's akin to being personally violated. Plus, and more importantly, it does break any kind of immersion we've experienced leading up to opening the map.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@forcefrank go into you map and go into legend, you can disable the photos from the map legend itself, it’s the bottom selection

• kariwashere
    6 posts

I'm also annoyed by this and I hope they fix this bug. I would love to be able to get rid of peoples photos but hiding them in the legend does nothing πŸ˜•

• uFamas
    25 posts

The Filter resets every time you start the game.
    Hiding photos is alot more annoying to me than salvaging gear in Odyssey ever was.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@frosthound030 Hmmmm, I'll try that, thanks for the tip.

• A-CDN-MTN-BEAR
    14 posts

It is now fixed, in the latest 1.0.4 update. Thank you, Ubisoft. πŸ‘

• longjohn119
    469 posts

@a-cdn-mtn-bear
    Well at least the patch fixed one thing ...... It doesn't sound like it fixed much of anything else, the bows are still complete garbage .... Either give us some sort of lock mechanism or first person so you can actually hit something ...... So far I have 4 days playing this game and haven't touched it in 2 weeks and it looks like it's going to be another 2 weeks at best before they maybe get around to fixing the bows ..... Without aim lock/assist it's a deal breaker for me and I'm glad I got the game for free with a new CPU which was still worth the cost even without the game ..... Cripes I even set up a new YouTube channel just for this game but it's sitting empty with no content until I get some other new game likely it will be when Cyberpunk releases in 2 more weeks ......

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@longjohn119 I played for a few hours last night until I had to give up due to the game freezing on my Xbox One X, 3 times! I didn't even have time to see if they fixed photos because I was spending most of my time looking at a frozen scene or dumping out to the dashboard. Sad.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

Funny part: They constantly crash for me anyway. "Online communication error". Then all photos disappear πŸ˜„

• Akira1364
    13 posts

You could at least set it to not show them in Odyssey, I'll note, whereas Valhalla's map utterly lacks all manner of filtering for some reason.

• A-CDN-MTN-BEAR
    14 posts

@longjohn119

O, that doesn't mean that I'm totally impressed with this game. Yeah, it has its moments that remind me of my favourite Assassin's Creed game, Black Flag, and the fact that I'm a fan of Vikings, The Last Kingdom, etc., but it's getting more discouraging to play this game. Furthermore, I pre-ordered this game, several weeks before the official launch, and I'm now at three (3) CE errors, with two of them in the last 24 hours. That's almost two and a half weeks later, after the official launch, and I'm now anticipating this game to crash.

Theoretically, discs over digital content? I have 1 game on disc, "The Division", and I don't get this CE error crap. The rest of my games are in the "Library" (digital downloads), and it's hit or miss about game crashes/freezes. What in the blue hell?

• dubbillionaire
    9 posts

Honestly I do not mind the community pics so much. Some are really cool and helps you discover places you may not have gone yet. Usually less than 30 show up at any given time so it isnt horrible but I do agree they need to fix the bug preventing you from hiding them and the loss connection to servers issue. I hate to halt my progress halfway through because of these issues but it looks like it may be months before I return and finish my first playthrough.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@dubbillionaire I hate the damn things and they're still showing up. I was in Argot last night and rolled my cursor over one to get to a synch point and saw something that ruined the next part of my quest. Why can't we just turn the stupid things off?

• Bob__Gnarly
    49 posts

Yes remove them or make it optional at the very least.

I tried deleting them individually, but they just come back.

• JCar4327
    603 posts

@bob__gnarly The better option would be that if you turn off photo mode in the options then you never have to see a community photo ever. I have hated this feature since it came out; what was worse is they had an achievement for it in Odyssey. To me this is like someone posting a photo of their lunch on Facebook; you know what happens to people who post pictures of their meals on my Facebook, they get unfriended. I could care less about what other people are doing in a single player game.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics