Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Izryk
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello, hope you guys are having a nice day.

I'm facing an issue in which the ground textures seem to move up and down as I move around, kinda like if the ground tessellation was going nuts and I had an invisible small LOD square around my character that changes textures as I move.

Is there anyway to fix this?

PC Specs:
    Cpu: i9-9900k
    Gpu: 2080ti
    Ram: 16gb 3600mhz
    Psu: G2 750w
    Current driver: 457.09

Playing at 3440x1440, with a mixture of high and ultra

What I've tried so far:

• I previously had the latest driver (457.30) and I noticed the issue, went back to 457.09 and the issue remains.
    • Reinstalling Windows
    • Reinstalling the game and moving it to another drive
    • Removing my overclock (issue still persist)

I recorded some videos but dunno how to upload them here.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

@izryk Sorry to hear that you are having issues with this.

If you can upload the videos to YouTube and provide us with the link, that will be best.

Official Response
  • Troopercooper80
    29 posts

@izryk You could upload them to youtube and place the links here probably.

• xmax280
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins have the same issue. Tried to verify game files, but nothing. Maybe it's my RTX 3070 and the new driver.

My Videos:

Also have more problems with performance. Game not scale very well and runs in 1440p and 4k almost with same fps drops (CPU not limited: if down res slider, its goes with higher fps). Looks like it's bottleneck because of fog and different effects.

• xmax280
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    @xmax280 reinstalling helped.

• Raski0611
    106 posts

The issue with the lod distance i have too.

The flickering textures/Lights could be solved by turnig of sharpen/grain Option in the Nvidia controll panel.

• xmax280
    4 posts
    The flickering textures/Lights could be solved by turnig of sharpen/grain Option in the Nvidia controll panel.

Sound right. Recently many games began to work incorrectly with sharpen filter via control panel. For example, COD MW 2019.

• xmax280
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    @xmax280

Update: There is a mistake here. Problem solved not because of reinstalling, but turn back the image sharpening in the NVidia control panel! Without it I have lighting glitches with overall bad looking and getting flickering on any materials that are reflective and LOD problems.

It is a very strange result. Besides reinstalling the game i tried to restore nvidia control panel settings settings by default. Not working.

• Hunterr12
    22 posts

I noticed the whole bubbling ground effect in Odyssey and it is noticeable in this game as well. I never figured out a way to fix it in Odyssey. Also I agree the the character lod in this game is really bad. Unlike Origins and Odyssey there isn't even an option this time and if you compare ini files this games is at 2, where as Odyssey's max was 4 and Origins 5

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics