Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@ubikobold I always have Cloud manual save; gamertag is "ImaginaryRuins".

If you could pass this message to the corresponding staff member(s), could you tell them that:

Ulkerthorpe's Captain Chest Key, despite the fact that it disappeared from Inventory after opening the lock BEFORE the main quest, during the main quest (assaulting the fort where the chest of the key was), the key was magically given back to me just when I was approaching the fort. (Repeat: this issue happened during the main quest of that scire).

And if I may make a suggestion on how to deal with the issue:

How about adding codes which check the keys in the Inventory & their corresponding chests in the world. If chests are opened, then automatically remove the keys from Inventory.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 673 posts

Thank you for your suggestion ImaginaryRuins, and I appreciate this information about how the key disappeared before, and then re-appeared back in your inventory during the Main Quest. Can you provide the name of that specific Main Quest?

Also, for all that experience this issue of a Quest Item or Chest Key staying in your inventory after the Quest or Event is completed, please provide the name of the Quest/Event that corresponds with that item. For example, if you still see 'A Warning to Warlocks' in your inventory, what was the name of the Quest that should have made this item disappear?

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@ubikobold

Ornir's Key is not for a quest, but a wealth in Rygjafylke, Deserted Chalet. The key was guarded by 3 wolves.
    Video:

(This is NOT my original video)

Eatun Barn Key is again not for a quest, but a small wealth in Oxenefordscire, Eatun Barn.
    Video:
    (Again this is NOT my original video)

Ochre Caves Chest Key is, again, not for a quest. It is for a small chest in Glowecestrecire, Aelfwood. The chest is inside a cave which is inaccessible unless doing the main quest in Glowecestrecire.
    Video:
    (at 37:43, the tiny gold dot to the North of the cluster of wealth, again this is NOT my original video)

And finally the Ulkerthorpe's Captain's Chest Key, it was wrongly given to me during the Old Friends quest, the "Find and kill the Pict Chief" part when charging into the Ulkerthrope Fort. There was a notification of receiving the key at the top right hand side of the screen, just when Eivor approaches the fort front gate.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@ubikobold

Here, look at this video at 15:55, the Captain's Chest Key just magically appeared. It is again NOT my original video.

Please Ubi-Kobold could you pass these videos to the relevant staff members?

• SpirantCrayon22
    563 posts

The collectibles and quest items confuse me. There's overlap between the two lists so maybe there should only be one section in the Bag; some things I can see why they're there, some I can see why they might be retained, some should surely have gone, one is clearly a broken thing, there's one that surely should appear there and it's odd that only two have a home in Ravensthorpe. I've done the game completely. I have a ton of things that are collectibles and quest items, listed below.

Collectibles:
    Revenge Note
    Mysterious Note
    River Raid chest key (1)
    Note Targeting Eivor
    Revenge Note
    Loch Clunbre Hideout Chest Key
    Wenloch Abbey's Door Key
    Dertemor Chest Key
    Armory Key
    Skegi's Beard Chest Key
    Ulkerthorpe's Captain's Chest Key
    The Rigsogur, Page 7
    Ochre Caves Chest Key
    Spalding Bandit Lair Door Key
    Isurium Aldburg Chest Key
    The Rigsogur, Page 8
    Belesduna Camp Key
    The Rigsogur, Page 9
    The Rigsogur, Page 10
    The Rigsogur, Page 6
    The Rigsogur, Page 4
    Evesham Abbey Key
    Captain Key
    Mysterious Key
    Ravensburg Door Key
    Fantastic Fishes and Where to Find Them, Part III
    The Rigsobur, Page 5
    Eatun Barn Key
    Meldeburne Door Key
    The Rigsogur, Page 3
    Beodoricsworth Door Key
    Ledecestre Door Key
    The Rigsogur, Page 1
    Ornir's Key
    Fantastic Fishes and Where to Find Them, Part II
    Fantastic Fishes and Where to Find Them, Part I
    Utbech Chest Key
    Walden Church Door Key
    The Rigsogur, Page 2

Quest Items:
    Letter from Beoswith the Bard
    The Krakumal of Ragnar Lothbrok
    Quill's Hideout Key
    Annotated Manuscript
    Goodwin's Research
    The Quill's Manifesto
    Running Diary
    The Magas Codex, Page VI
    Seer's Concoction
    Hemming Jarl's Grave Good
    Pict Chief's Spear
    Worn Pictish Heirloom
    Saint George clue
    Saint George clue
    Gwilim's Pouch
    Tha Magas Codex, Page III
    Hunter's House Cage Key
    Dugr's Clues
    Rouecistre Blockade Tower Key
    Stenwege Camp Inner Compound Door Key
    Pictish Orders
    A Mysterious Password
    Official Seal
    The Magas Codex, Page II
    Central House Key
    The Magas Codex, Page V
    Poem
    Mad Ramblings
    Briton Dagger
    Tool Order
    Arrow's Recruitment Coin (1)
    The Magas Codex, Page I
    Waterlogged Note
    Cordelia's Dagger
    [blank - see below, the count is 1]
    East Anglian Arm Ring
    Regan's Dagger
    Goneril's Dagger
    Editha's Crosier
    The Magas Codex, Page IV
    BBB Membership
    King Burgred's Offer
    Pending Deliveries
    A Warning to Warlocks
    WILF'S PARCEL
    Cattle Meat (1)
    Valuable Ring
    A Mild Hunt
    King Aelfred's Orders

The one noted that's broken, I've put "blank" above, is a black square with a count of 1. The descriptive text is simply whatever the "mouse pointer" was hovering over before. So it might say "BBB Membership" then move the cursor and it'll say "Briton Dagger". It's been this way since early in the game.

The one item that looks like it should be there is the cross Aelfred gives Eivor. It's the only collectible I remember, more or less.

Related to all this it seems that more items probably should end up in Ravensthorpe.

Anyway, I thought this might help as the inventory is cluttered with stuff that is essentially useless. Perhaps it's not been pointed out perhaps I have a broken save-game.

Cheers

This is Xbox One, latest version.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Yeah all those keys. Those which drop from enemies, they can be looted again even though the chests are already opened, meaning they get stuck in the Inventory Bag forever. That just sucks.

And those Rigsobur Pages and Fantastic Fishes pages, wish there would be a way to get rid of them by for example displaying them as a note in the Settlement.

• UbiKobold

@imaginaryruins Thank you so much for providing this detail and these videos! I have forwarded all of this to the Game team to help with their ongoing investigation. As soon as I have more information I will post to this thread.

Official Response
  • UbiKobold

@spirantcrayon22 Thank you for this complete list! Can you provide the corresponding Quest for some of these items? For example, I know the Wilf's Parcel was a part of the main story quest, 'Man of Mystery.' Can you provide some of the Quests attached to a few of these other items? That will greatly help me to report these up to the Game team. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Yesin069
    554 posts

@ubikobold

There is also the issue that keys that i used for doors or chests can be looted again and will stay in the inventory forever. They have no use and just fill the inventory that is hard to handle to begin with and becomes just more cluttered.

• UbiKobold

@yesin069 Thank you! This was reported up to the Game team as well, but I am continuing to collect information regarding this. Just to make sure, does this happen with every available Key? Also, separate from Keys, which Quest Items are currently stuck in your inventory?

Official Response
  • Yesin069
    554 posts

@ubikobold

Thank you for the fast answer. I can't look which items exactly but what i can say for sure is that key for areas with clothed doors can be looted again and will stay in the inventory forever. I have around 10 keys from areas like monastery that i raided a second time just for fun. Obviously i already looted everything the first time and used every key to open the doors and chests but i was able to loot them again and they won't disappear from my inventory ever.

For instance the key from Meldeburne in Grantabrycscire. After a while i stayed away from areas that i already finished to not clutter my inventory even more. These are not all quest items. Most of them are just in the normal stuff area of the inventory.

Regarding quest items i know that i still have the message in the bottle from a world event in Lunden i think. Finished the quest and still have the useless item. Would be great to have the option to sell it now. Also this quest has a buggy translation in german where it tells me to search for the key in a cow instead of a fish...I searched whole Lunden for a cow wit ha key in it...

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@ubikobold There is also Quill's Hideout Key. It is a key but is given as a Quest Item, but more importantly, it didn't do anything; Eivor could enter and leave Quill's hideout completely on her own and complete the assassination, so that key was totally useless.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@ubikobold

There is also a key in Vinland which should open a chest...but the chest needs no key so this item is stucked in my inventory without any use...

• UbiKobold

@yesin069 That is interesting about the German translation. I am so sorry for any inconvenience that caused as you looked for a cow with a key! I personally have not heard of this bug yet but have forwarded that up to the Game team to be looked into! In regards to the Keys and Quest Items still remaining, thank you very much for providing this detail! You also mentioned a Key in Vinland that should open a chest but wasn't needed. Do you recall the name of that Key? Additionally did you also experience receiving the Quill's Hideout Key and then not need to use it?

Also, @ImaginaryRuins thank you for letting me know about this Key as well!

I greatly appreciate all of the information that you both have been providing! 🙂

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    563 posts

@ubikobold

Hello and thanks for the reply.

To be honest I can't help much. The only items where I can say what they're for are fairly easy to see or work out. So, for example, "Regan's Dagger" is one of the Daughters of Lerion items and I have all the bits of Thor's armour so have "used" this, it should be out of the inventory as it's in the back of the statue in East Anglia. For "Mysterious Key", I have no idea where the "Saxon District" was.

I really (really) do not want to appear unhelpful here but I must say I am slightly confused by the question. The team developing the game are the ones who put these items in the game along with the tasks where they are used. I don't mind trying to help but I would suggest the development team are in the best position to get that information. Yes, they're presumably busy, I get that, but they'd only have to verify what I might write anyway. They must have a list of what Eivor should get and a definition for each one of whether it's expected to remain in the inventory. Again, I don't want to seem unfriendly but if I don't see I can do anything that can't be done better by the development team.

I'm actually more interested in the odd questions in my post, the list is mildly annoying but that's all.

Thanks again for the reply.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@yesin069 Oh yes that key as well.

@ubikobold I vaguely remember that that glitched key in Vinland is related to a mystery which has the word Ursine in it. In the quest Eivor needs to save a trapped person by killing several black bears, one of which spawns a key upon death to open a small chest. (if you need information about that key)

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@ubikobold

I don't know about Quill's key. Maybe i still dont got to this point or it is called different in german.

Regarding the Vinland key: I think the worlr event was called Ursine Takeover. The Ursine Takeover World Event can be found on the Vinland map in the area called Vithrloekr. There was a little village with 3 bears and a key that should open one of the 3 chests there. Sadly no chest needed a key and the key will stay in my inventory with no use.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@ubikobold Sorry but I would like to mention one more Quest Item: Snowdrop, which is a kind of flower. I have 2 of them in my Bag, and judging from their positions, they should be in Norway.

However, I can't remember which quest they are related to. If I have to make a guess, they're stuck in my Inventory because there're more than enough of them for the quest, and I picked them all up prior to the quest, and then in the quest, only the required no. of Snowdrops was deducted from my Inventory, leaving 2 behind.

• UbiKobold

Hello again! All of this information is excellent, thank you! I very much appreciate the detail surrounding each item and/or key as this can assist the Game team with recreating these scenarios. I have been continuing to forward up what each of you have provided, and will update this thread once I receive more information from the Game team. If you think of anything else, please do not hesitate to add it and I will send that up as well. Thanks again everyone for your assistance in trying to resolve these stuck Quest Items and Keys!

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@ubikobold I apologise for writing in this perhaps age-old thread, but last I checked this issue has still not been mentioned in the megathread pinned at the top, so I was wondering whether this issue has been looked into yet, since it has been almost 2 months.

Suggested Topics