Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ferretfur
    Original poster 33 posts

Hi, I have a serious game issue that is preventing me from opening locked chests.
    The problem comes when you have to kill a target to get the key.
    I have identified the key holder and kill them, but the key disappears. It is not in loot and not left on the ground.
    I noticed on the last one that the key dropped, but I got attacked while trying to pick it up. It then disappeared and is not in my inventory.
    I have tried reloading three times and killing the key holder but now the key never even drops.
    How do you fix this bug?
    Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ferretfur
    Original poster 33 posts

@ferretfur

Just to add, the two locations so far are the chest in Asgard that requires a key from an enemy, and the chest with gear in Utbeck in England.

• Brekenv
    3 posts

@ferretfur I have the same issue with the chest key in Asgard.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

@Brekenv @Ferretfur Thank you for reporting this to us.

Would you be able to provide us with a video of killing the keyholder and nothing dropping?

It may also be worth trying to Steal the key from them instead of killing them to see if it will allow you to collect the key that way.

Official Response
  • Ferretfur
    Original poster 33 posts

@ubi-baron
    Hi,

I have done the verify files option, and tried again, but the keyholder still does not drops the key. The steal option rarely comes up in the game, especially as both targets are soldier-type characters and have other hostiles around them, making this even more difficult.

I cannot guarantee a video as i'm not exactly sure how to do this?

To add, i also had this issue with the Viking Lovers world event in Norway. After i completed the challenge and they say help yourself to the loot, and your character states they take the chest, the quest giver does not provide the key. It seems to be a general issue around chests that require a key from an NPC. When the key can be found in the area, and not on an NPC, it appears to be fine.

• darkforce840
    5 posts

I have this issu on the mission:

Rumors of Ledecestre- search the old bathhouse

I use the odin sight and it shows he has the key when i kill him i dont get the key and i tried 4 times he just not drop it 😞

• Agrikaan
    10 posts

@darkforce840 YES SAME HERE!
    Exactly the same quest, but also a few others.

Most keys just seem to disappear. I'm so stuck on so many quests now, I might just as well stop playing. Not to mention all the treasure I can't get to. I remember Odyssey had a game-breaking bug, a quest NPC that didn't show up 40 hours in, and it took them THREE MONTHS to fix it. I fear this will be something similar, I'm now missing at least 5-6 keys, 2 of them blocking main story quest progress. And the keys are GONE from the game. Not in my inventory, not on respawned NPCs or on the ground if I return later.

• Ferretfur
    Original poster 33 posts

@agrikaan It seesm like having keys on NPC's is the problem. Maybe they could just move them all to locations instead.

• Ferretfur
    Original poster 33 posts

@ubi-baron

Hi,

This has no worryingly happened with a general key in Sutton Hoo. I picked up the key on the crypt next to the leader down in the cavern, and it allows me to pick up the key, but it disappears and does not show in my inventory. I reloaded a save and tried again with the same result.

This chest key problem really needs looking at. This is all on a PC with high specs.

Thanks.

• Anjaelic
    1 posts

I have the same issue. Game breaking.

• Ferretfur
    Original poster 33 posts

@ubi-baron

Can now also add key at Colcestre Barracks to the growing list of disappearing keys!

So current list for me:
    Asgard Key
    Utbeck Key
    Sutton Hoo Key
    Colcestre Barracks Key
    Viking Lovers World Event Key (Norway)

• Ubi-Baron

Thank you for the added reports, we're sorry this has been so wide spread.

In terms of a video, the best place would be to upload it to YouTube and link it here. This will help us to look into this issue, and pass it on to the team.

Do you have the Auto-loot skill?

Official Response
  • Ferretfur
    Original poster 33 posts

@ubi-baron
    Unfortunately, i'm not really good with doing a video capture, as i've never done it.

I do have the auto-loot skill now, but did not have it when i first had the issue. I was hoping that if i got auto-loot it would cure this, but it does not.

• mbiggs31183
    13 posts

@ferretfur I had this issue for a while. I had to proceed through the main quest for a bit to get the guy to show up who had the key. He was not near the chest, but rather further towards the road. Hope that helps.

• JamesHicks2609
    1 posts

For me the gaurd carrying the asgard key doesn't even exist the othe guards do but this one, nope. I have been running around using Odin's sight every few steps, I've watched various videos of this guard hiding in the bushes but for me he just aint there.

• Ferretfur
    Original poster 33 posts

@mbiggs31183

Hi, do you mean in Asgard or one of the other instances?

In all cases the guy with the key is always there, he just wont let go of the key, and it does not go into the backpack either.

• mbiggs31183
    13 posts

@ferretfur Yeah, in Asgard. Do you have the autoloot ability? I had that ability when I killed him so I didn't have to manually loot him. Maybe that's the difference?

• Ollie178
    2 posts

@ferretfur I still have problem looting keys off table/locations so it's not just a problem with NPC keyholders.

• yanivol
    5 posts

also i have a problem with the keys in derelict shrine of cumulus i found the two keys to open the chest but always just one of them appear in my inventory so i cant open the chest

• Ubi-Baron

@ferretfur That's no problem.

Thank you all for the added reports.

If anyone else would be able to provide us with a video of this, it can help the team to look into this report.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics