Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bug - Loading save after death makes screen grey, and monotone, like walking in a black and white movie.

6 Likes/15 Replies/828 Views
    GuardianOZ
    Original poster 11 posts

Every time, I die, and use a save or quick save, the screen then becomes grey, like a black and white move. with the exception of fire, candles, and stain glass windows. All actions can be performed, just with no colour clues.

Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition. -Valhalla Gold version, Digital delivery.

Notes: Progression is Chapter 2. But I have explored every eagle view points of almost 3/4 of the map.
    To reproduce - Make a manual Save and Die. or Make a Quick Save and Die.

Exit game and reload - Problem Persists
    Restart Console - Problem Persists
    Fast Travel - Problem Persists

Only fix is to find a "Speak" option somewhere. Like a merchant, or Dice, blacksmith. Any NPC that gives conversation options. then DON"T get killed. But this is happen when you are deep in the the wilderness and get killed by a wolf while you are fishing. It then takes 10 minutes to fix the issue then 2o minutes cross country to where you were.

MY - Level of Frustration is very high. I now no longer make risky moves that may kill me.
    Game breaking NO. BUT Game changing yes.

Exploit - Die then do any underwater sequences, or caves it works like night vision. Water no longer creates darkness, or shadows when in the grey mode. Fast travel and then perform fix.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ordnanceso1dier
    1 posts

same problem it’s a little annoying!!!@guardianoz

• jonstr87
    6 posts

@guardianoz Same problem here.

• cheesedragonjew
    5 posts

Same problem here.
    Seems to have happened after I did the random event in Hampshire where the Saxon singer poisons the Danes after the drinking game near Reading Abbey. I did not kill him because I was just exploring and he was too strong for my level at the time. The visual effect is very similar to the effect the poison has on you when he attacks. I ran away because he was too strong, ever since I have the same problem OP described I just thought I could add more information.

I am on PC and have an AMD Ryzen 5 CPU and GTX 1080 GPU all with up to date drivers.

As others said it isn't explicitly game breaking but when trying to do story missions like the Shropshire fight with Rhodri it makes it near impossible (you can't see enemy attack cues and I am playing on Drengr difficulty), and in that mission you cannot go and find an NPC to talk to to fix it. So one death and you're locked into that.

Very frustrating Ubisoft please fix! It's been 2 weeks of this.

• cheesedragonjew
    5 posts
  • cheesedragonjew
    5 posts

https://i.imgur.com/4G3awXb.jpg?1

This is a screenshot I took of the issue.

My full specs from the dxdiag report are:
    (Operating System, processor, memory (RAM), and display card (graphics card) name)

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042)
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600x 6 core processor 3.8GHZ (12 CPUs)
    16384MB RAM
    Nvidia Ge Force GTX 1070

• cheesedragonjew
    5 posts

In saying that, I turned the difficulty down to Bard (I am level 100) and went back to the Saxon poisoner in Hampshire near Reading Abbey and completed the event where he poisons you (I had been poisoned previously but had run away because on Drengr I did not stand a chance against him, he is level 300+). Th event is called 'The Devil has All the Best Tunes'.

After I defeated him, I replicated the process whereby the screen went grey previously, i.e I got killed by a soldier. Normally that makes me reload into the game at an autosave where I will *always* have a grey screen no matter where I am on the map or what I am doing, for example I had it in Norway, I had it Vinland etc, (all places very far away from the poison encounter).

However this time, after killing the poisoner, I no longer reloaded into a grey screen, this time my screen had all the proper colours.

I think the bug is that, after starting the event but not completing it, the game always thinks you are taking part in the event and loading you with the grey filter as though you have just exited out of the poison drinking game. The way to fix it, if Ubisoft don't patch it is to find the poisoner, turn down your difficulty (if you are too low a level) and kill him. From then on you no longer have to deal with the permanent grey screen.

I have tested this three times now (once against a regular enemy killing me which occassionaly causes the grey screen bug, once against a Zealot enemy, who always cause the grey screen bug on killing me, and once on an Order of Ancients enemy who also always cause the grey screen bug on killing me) and it seems to have solved the problem. I am obviously very happy, but it is still a really horrible bug.

• cheesedragonjew
    5 posts

This is the location on the map of the event which causes this bug (the permanent poison grey effect)

• GuardianOZ
    Original poster 11 posts

@cheesedragonjew I just found that out the fix yesterday was to kill the bard. The in game spelling for the zone is HAMTUNSCIRE (power 350). Which is on the Western edge of the England world map. The world event is on the eastern edge of that zone. (For others finding and reading this post)

I found Killing the bard easiest with a Seax. With the highspeed and you can pin the Bard so he can't make counter attacks. Trial and error with over weapons make for a drawn out fight. Just remember to doge (to the side) the first leap attack.

• mfb2112
    1 posts

This happened to me as well. Off to kill the bard! What's really weird is if you go into photo mode and pan around, your colours will return and now you'll see a moon-like grey sphere that hangs suspended in mid air. Very weird bug.

undefined

• jonstr87
    6 posts

@Ubi-Baron Hi. Will you able to fix this please?

Thanks

• tis_mee1
    1 posts

Same issue. Cut scenes, story scenes used to solve it but no longer do.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 635 posts

Hey all! Really appreciate the reports here, as well as everyone sharing their information. I'd like to see if we can grab some video of this occurring. Also, in some similar reports, it appears that using the raven allows for colour to be seen. (Though only whilst using the raven. We'd still like to make note of this!) I'd like to know if this is the same for those who are experiencing this issue here?

Official Response
  • Kr1ndu5
    1 posts

@ubi-wan Experiencing the same on PS5...only way to resolve temporarily is to either speak to someone of head back to Ravensthorpe and sleep it off.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there @Kr1ndu5! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for sharing your own experience. I'd like to let you all know that the development team hopes to resolve this issue in a future update! At this moment in time, we're unable to provide a definite ETA for this. Please keep an eye out within our News & Announcements forum for any further updates.

In the meantime, you could try sleeping in your bed in Ravensthorpe to see if this helps to resolve the issue. We've also had reports that talking to Reda can bring the colour back to your game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics