Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 7 Likes/295 Replies/30214 Views
    Harambex69
    2 posts

Please fix this issue ASAP:

Can't enter Skrymirs mitten for the lost cauldron quest. Maybe because i visited the mitten before the quest? I've used 36hours to this game..please fix.

I've tried to reload save, restart game etc...nothing works. Other people have this also

• Harambex69
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@skullknight9991 Can confirm this. I am encountering the same game breaking bug. Jotunheim Story can't be continued.

• mbiggs31183
    13 posts

@thanatos-jylb Yeah, from the comments on YouTube, everyone who went in for the chests first has this issue regardless of platform. This shouldn't be something that was so easily overlooked in quality control. Some of us are completionists and like to explore and hunt treasures before doing storylines.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@lukedevoux If you use eagle vision you can actually see that the tunnel to crawl through is missing. If you load from a savegame prior to accepting the quests you can actually enter the tunnel but you will end up under the terrain. You can leave and enter as often as you want. As soon as you save and load then the tunnel wont be visible any longer. If you save while under the terrain you can actually climb it still tho. Really weird bug.

Seems like it is connected with collection the collectible inside prior to accepting the quest.

• Ranger_Two14
    7 posts

I got a video of it on my Youtube channel from this bug i posted of AC Valhalla , my Youtube Channel name is Ranger_Two , easier to explain maybe

• Valden..
    1 posts

Hello, I come to warn that the quest "The Lost Cauldron" may be bugged for some people like me. This bug makes the zone questline impossible to finish.

Indeed, the quest asks us to go to Skrymir's Mitten to retrieve the cauldron. The problem is that if you have already been there before having received the quest linked to this location ( to find the chest therein, for example ), it is simply impossible to return there subsequently and therefore to complete the quest.

• shlfter
    2 posts

@ubi-baron
    I continue my main story after all collection(except a legendary story),so I don't have the right save. https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1yK4y1j7EE/ Video is here.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

@shlfter Thanks for getting back to us and providing that.

@mbiggs31183 Thanks for letting us know we'll take a look at your thread and report it to the team!

@mbiggs31183 @Thanatos-JYLB Thanks for the report. We've passed this on the AC team to be looked into. Apologies for the inconvenience this causes in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Baron
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@ubi-baron
    A fellow gamedev here, want to give some more info I found by systematically analyzing the bug at hand:

• The mesh of the tunnel/rift you go through is not visible prior to accepting the quest "The Lost Cauldron" if you have already picked up the collectable inside. You can't enter the tunnel/rift at this state.
    • As soon as you acquire the quest "The Lost Cauldron" the tunnel/rift reappears for that quest. (If you walk to it)
    • If you enter the tunnel/rift the new zone inside is not loaded, you pass through it and land under the hand mesh. (Someone called this a visual bug previously)
    • As soon as you save and load or teleport the tunnel will disappear completly instead of just not working. You can't get it to spawn again by any way I tested.
    • If you save when you are inside the unloaded area and load again, the tunnel also disappears but you cant exit the area any longer. The tunnel is still climbable from the inside tho.
    • I can confirm that the tunnel is working when a previous savegame is loaded where the collectable wasn't obtained yet. (Unfortunately for me this is not a workaround right now as I would lose a lot of progress)

I hope this information will help the team to narrow down the cause. Seems like there is an intentional mechanic behind it to block the passage which doesn't fully reset when the quest "The Lost Cauldron" is accepted.

• Ubi-Baron

@Ranger_Two14 Thank you for the report, this is something we've been looking into.

If you could link the video here, it will help us to look into this for you.

Official Response
  • desdecardo13
    10 posts

@ubi-baron I don't know if it is apropos for me to post the video but I am assuming its the same person.

Every time I enter Jotunheim I appear drunk. I was also able to go in the first couple times of mine but it was like going into the model of the glove.

• TheGodlyBacon
    10 posts

@ranger_two14 I'm experiencing the exact same bug.

I decided to get all the blood stones after talking to the Witch where she says to get her the roots for the exilir. Two of the stones are in the giant's mitten so I just strolled in, picked them up, and then went on my way. Well, now I actually have to go inside there for a mission but now theres like an invisible wall preventing me. I tried quitting, booting back up and nothing. Left back to England, came back but still nothing. My last manual save would take me back dozens of hours of gameplay, so that's not an option.

• Ubi-Baron

@desdecardo13 Thanks for posting that, I would assume so.

As mentioned, we have passed this issue on to the AC team to be looked into.

Official Response
  • Ranger_Two14
    7 posts

If u look the text below the video on youtube , its my story of what happend

• Ranger_Two14
    7 posts

@ubi-baron

if u look the description below the video of mine in youtube, you will read what i went trough

• Ranger_Two14
    7 posts

@desdecardo13
    you may share this of me 🙂

• ElevenJet1155
    1 posts

@ranger_two14 im the same its annoying because I cant do anything with it tried everything still dont work

• vSkullyKz
    9 posts

i was hoping for reply soon, i already completed the game in the meantime and have gotten every ending except for the asgard/joutenheim one because of this bug, please reply ubisoft its a game breaking bug

I cant post a video because "i dont have the privileges". But i do have one

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics