Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • bug glitch 4593
    playstation 4 1460
    7 Likes/96 Replies/1743 Views
    Lukedevoux
    Original poster 1 posts

There's an invisible wall preventing me from entering Skrymir's Mitten. This is probably the result of me exploring Jotunheim and entering the Mitten prior to starting The Lost Cauldron.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Alojin
    5 posts

just as the title says i can´t progress the quest "the lost cauldron" wich is the second quest of the Jotunheim saga. I´m at the point where i have to enter that weird looking entry with the smoke. At first i could enter normally but at somepoint while entering instead of everything turning white and then be in the cave i just land inside the map and can´t exit from there. After teleporting to the lookout near the entrance i can´t enter at all. The character just stands in front of the entry and nothing happens. Tryed reloading save and exiting from the game but nothing helped.

• Jstuart74
    1 posts

I attempted to do the lost cauldron quest in Jotunheim but I kept getting destroyed so I "woke up" from Jotunheim and have now returned to continue the quest I am attempting to go through the glove/tunnel and when I reach the other side I get a visual but

Screen shot of what I am seeing https://prnt.sc/viui57

Note I have tried relogging and restarting my game still same problem

• vSkullyKz
    9 posts

after exploring Joutenheim getting all of ymirs blood crystals i cannot go back into the mitten to continue the quest, like there is an invisible wall stopping me, ive been in there before obviously, before i started the quest because i wanted to do all the mysteries and wealth in the area first. is it intentional for it to be blocked off and for you to be only to be allowed in once, if so, some warning would have been absolutely great or even better shut it off from people not doing the quest? Its stopping my progression in the game

• mbiggs31183
    13 posts

This is during the Jotunheim quest to find the missing cauldron. You're supposed to be able to enter the mitten to find the cauldron but I can't enter. Also whenever I try to enter the game, my character starts out drunk.

• alexthebest0505
    2 posts

@skullknight9991 just had the same problem, where you able to find a fix?

• alexthebest0505
    2 posts

@lukedevoux just had the same problem, where you able to find a fix?

• vSkullyKz
    9 posts

@alexthebest0505 sadly not yet mate, ive tried almost everything, i left Joutenheim frustrated and decided to kill all the order members instead.

• Electricwaff1e
    2 posts

So I did the exact same thing as you Skullknight, went around and got all the ymir stones and couldnt progress... all i did was load to a save from when i first got to Jotunheim and that fixed it. A few hours of gameplay lost... but im able to progress now. but since you went out and didnt do that and ended up killing people youre going to have lost alot more game time

• vSkullyKz
    9 posts

@electricwaff1e yeah man, honestly we shouldnt have to do that, if i were to revert to an older save id probably lose about 5-8 hours of gameplay and about 15 order of ancients that i assassinated within that time, i would rather wait to see what ubisoft have to say about it, because its a complete BS bug, and if its intentional, it blocks progression and shouldn't be a thing, like whats stopping you getting back into the glove, the entrance isnt sealed off, its just the game bugging out and not letting us back in, im sure they'll hopefully have a reply and answer to this. And if its intentional it should be quest locked, and shouldnt be able to be entered without doing the respective quest, im not losing hours of gameplay because of a simple bug thats fixable, ill be patient 😂😂😂

I mean, ubisoft want people to explore the worlds they created right? And collected all the treasure and mysteries along the way? 😂

• Electricwaff1e
    2 posts

@skullknight9991 Yeah im with you on that. they shouldve done or said something about it. I guess they didnt put into account of people like you and me! haha well i hope they do fix that for you, i just ended up finishing that whole questline plus some more for asgard and itll be worth the wait if they fix it!

• shlfter
    2 posts

I start "the lost cauldron" mission after my collection in the giant‘s ’slove,then I can't enter in the slove,so my journey of Yotonheim is over, it's really disgusting.hope you guys fix it soon.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 550 posts

Hello everyone, thank you for reporting this to us.

Just to confirm, have you tried reloading an older Save to see if you're able to progress from an older point?

Would you be able to provide us with a video showing you unable to enter?

Official Response
  • Thanatos.JYLB
    2 posts

have the same, i think it's because i have already been there for the chest but whithout the quest.

• Thanatos.JYLB
    2 posts

@thanatos-jylb and for the drunk think (have to), it's probably because of the mysterie about the three daughters

• Harambex69
    2 posts

Please fix this issue ASAP:

Can't enter Skrymirs mitten for the lost cauldron quest. Maybe because i visited the mitten before the quest? I've used 36hours to this game..please fix.

I've tried to reload save, restart game etc...nothing works. Other people have this also

• Harambex69
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SouldrinkerLP
    200 posts

@skullknight9991 Can confirm this. I am encountering the same game breaking bug. Jotunheim Story can't be continued.

Community details

Users
Topics