Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Nerdslayer1982
    Original poster 5 posts

I love the new game but I really wish there was a way to suggest to Ubisoft that they do a patch or add something to AC Valhalla that would allow the Raven to tag enemies. At this point it almost makes the bird obsolete because the only use it has is to give you a general idea of direction. The way it was in AC Odyssey was perfect! You could animus pulse to tag enemies or use Ikaros to find them and/or points of interest- at this point how is the bird helping us players?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Minkles13
    13 posts

Yeah I find this upsetting too and not sure why it was removed. I don’t even use my raven as my eyesight isn’t the best and I can’t see jack with it anyway. I liked being able to see where the captains, braziers and other useful stuff was so I could plan how I was going to infiltrate an outpost.

• dlmthree
    77 posts

I still have my hopes that it is something that the Hidden Ones bureau will unlock at a later time. But to me it seems to be such a basic feature considering Origins and Odyssey that it would have happened early on.

I guess they don't want us to play stealthy.

• Nerdslayer1982
    Original poster 5 posts

@dlmthree I totally agree, also maybe you’ll know is there a way to leave a suggestion or something? It really threw me for a loop that they left this feature out - So far Odyssey’s Bird system was the best is it out of the realm of possibility for them to add a patch or something?

• Nerdslayer1982
    Original poster 5 posts

@minkles13 I asked the same question on my other reply but do you know if there is a way to suggest this or something to Ubisoft? While I’ve logged about 1,000+ hours playing the last 3 games I’m a bit new to any kind of forum... Losing that ability (which was such an important feature from the last two) really bummed me out 😕

• Netspook
    261 posts
    @dlmthree I totally agree, also maybe you’ll know is there a way to leave a suggestion or something? It really threw me for a loop that they left this feature out - So far Odyssey’s Bird system was the best is it out of the realm of possibility for them to add a patch or something?

Not going to happen.

This change was announced long before the game released.

• Sam_Boo26
    152 posts

Yeah I'm also disappointed with the raven, especially since it can't tag and spot enemies properly.

• Nerdslayer1982
    Original poster 5 posts

@netspook thank you for the info, what a bummer, they had that system dialed in with Odyssey - another example of fixing something that isn’t broken 😕

• larrykop1967
    66 posts

Even in Odyssey, they had teleporting mercs and guards beaming in randomly and they do this at times in Valhalla i've noticed as well, so the bird tagging enemies is pointless if more are just going to appear out of nowhere right by you, and they are not tagged, it was a little irritating, Origin's was good for that once you upgraded the eagle enough. but stealth isn't the focus in either game really.

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

@larrykop1967

You need to be able to tag enemies. You're an assassin & stealth is what an assassin is known for.
    Yes straightforward combat is important & fun but come on.
    Its Assassins Creed. If they can't maintain the genre then whats the point.
    They did away with throwing knives, poison darts, blow guns which have been assassin tools for thousands of years.
    I enjoy combat but I really enjoy stealth.

What happened to if it ain't broke dont fix it?

• Minkles13
    13 posts

Same with swinging your weapons whilst mounted, now I just do a useless kick. Why did this need to be removed?.... did people really hate it that much.

• larrykop1967
    66 posts

@chevy_man2010

All i've got to do in Valhalla now is crouch and they are magically tagged after taking the skill, and if you need to be able to tag enemies then why can't the Raven do it in the game anymore, maybe read the thread

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

@larrykop1967 but it doesn't tag loot or anything anything. Any when you get near it on that worthless compass it vanishes. Bird is useless now.

• larrykop1967
    66 posts

@chevy_man2010

Yes it is useless now agreed, that's what i was saying, i'm using Odin's sight for the loot and artifact's etc, and yeah i've noticed things disappearing off the compass too, the bird doesn't find anything now, and tagging enemies in Odyssey was pointless as well as more and more enemies were magically transported in, Ubisoft wants us to fight in these games lately, not sneak around, that's the point. i've literally been spotted behind a stone building from the other side and then an army of guards turn up!.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@nerdslayer1982

Yeah I'm seriously missing that too. I feel sorry for poor Odin, hes a best a buddy- at worst useless.

• rabbottx
    1 posts

Yeah If you can't tag from the raven, then they should at least give the thing an odinsight style heat vision so you can see the enemies from the air to plan your root.

• Quor321
    232 posts

Odyssey was good fun, but I think the eagle was overpowered. Now we have a balance of skill that each have a use. The bird is great for basic overview and finding keys and tunnels. Odin's site marks targets and other key points. As well as the skill while crouching will highlight targets.

I find it all far more engaging instead of just fly around marking everything then easy button the rest.

• WildHunt
    85 posts

I can't remember which gameplay reveal video it was but Valhalla devs did explain why they removed the ability to reveal/tag enemies with the raven and said it was too overpowered in Origins and Odyssey. In Valhalla they want the player to go into a settlement somewhat blind and mark the general area where enemies are with the marker thing whilst using the raven. My issue with this reasoning is they have completely undermined whatever good intentions they had by allowing the player to reveal enemies en masse by either spamming Odinsight (V) or getting the stealth recon skill. So what we have ended up with is a useless raven and the player is still able to reveal enemies all around them, something they didn't want the player to do in the first place.

• ProdiGurl
    0 posts

@minkles13 People complained in Odyssey that it's too easy to have everything marked for us - but alot of players like me WANT to tag enemies and places.
    Ubi listened to alot of the Odyssey complaints and took out good things we like and want with it too.

• ProdiGurl
    0 posts

@quor321 Then you don't have to use the Tag command if you don't want - I'd like it

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics