Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Jutzukan
    Original poster 14 posts

If you are having the in game freezes where video is stalled but there is still sound AND/OR you have random CTD within 15-30m of game time. Please check your Event Viewer>Windows Log>Application: Source: Windows Error Reporting
    Highlight that , it should be at the top. Check if Event Name is D3DDRED2.
    If it is, please report that and make a ticket. The more people do, maybe the quicker it gets patched.

You can google it and see that other games have had this issue which turned out to be Memory Leak and patches have been required to fix it. Also stems from DX12 errors.
    ***Yes I've tried all the other suggested "fixes" including increasing the pagefile size.***

Good Luck all, Hope this get's patched soon. Hard to get immersed in a game that will randomly kick you out back to desktop.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Troopercooper80
    34 posts

@jutzukan I already made a topic on this, no replies ofcourse.

Its not you though, so dont worry, i had a similar issue.
    It seems rare, a sudden CTD, checking the eventviewer at first will only talk about display driver crash/reset.

Looking a little further in the applications logs, you'll most likely see 4 windows error report messages.
    2 will be about D3DDRED2 and 2 will be additional logs about 'livekernel 141', which is a very generic code for saying 'something went wrong' lol.

Anyway the "DRED2" part is basically DX12.
    So this either a GPU driver problem, which is possible if i look at the complaints on nividia forum about 457.30, it seems to cause alot of issues especially with the latest games it was released for in the first place.
    OR its a AC Valhalla issue, which i personally suspect because the game is mentioned in the DRED2 logs. (you'll see a list of p1 to 8, with GPU code ie VEN10D or somesuch, windows 10 code and program name causing the crash)

So, something in relation to the GPU and DX12 causes a driver crash caused by something Valhalla does, which could be a memory leak but can also be faulty coding somewhere.

• Jutzukan
    Original poster 14 posts

@troopercooper80

Yeah you are correct.
    As I looked into it more and saw that it may be driver related, I dropped down to 2 other wqhl drivers for my card (AMD RX5700) and still got the random freezing or CTD. So I'm back on the latest driver that is supposed to be optimized for ACValhalla.
    Another post in Nvidia's forums with D3D errors was CoDWarzone related and showed underclocking/undervolting GPU worked for them in reducing the CTD and D3D errors. I also tried that with no positive result. /sigh

Since many posts here on this forum state their issues did not come about til the 1.02 patch I'm also concluding it's a coding issue relating to the API. I think we'll have to wait for another patch that get's these issues worked out.

• JohnWeakAimBot
    10 posts

@troopercooper80 i don't think it is Nvidia issue, because my AMD GPU having the same problem, display driver crash, d3ddred2.

• Jutzukan
    Original poster 14 posts

@johnweakaimbot
    Correct. It's not just an Nvidia or AMD gpu issue. I'm using an AMD RX5700. I just did a full windows update, uninstalled and reinstalled latest drivers again.

I haven't been able to get past the menu screen. When I check the event viewer after each crash, the D3DDRED2 error is there each time.
    I don't think I've jumped through more hoops just to TRY to play a game than this one.. aside from Ghost Recon Breakpoint (LOL.. also a Ubisoft game).

I have no confidence AT ALL with Farcry 6 when it releases.

• JohnWeakAimBot
    10 posts

@jutzukan sadly i am so desperate until i reformat my PC. Of course it didn't works..haha.
    Some more I have spent too much time to fixing this, now i am not eligible to request for refund.
    Lesson learned, never preorder or buy ubisoft game on the first month after launched, must check the forum for posts like this.

• Troopercooper80
    34 posts

@johnweakaimbot I also got some "amd user" replies on Reddit with the same issue.

So im going to agree its very likely not the drivers perse, but something wrong with Valhalla.

Either way, its DX12 related and the devs will have to start there.
    I should note the same thing happened for a while for Legions but also The Division 2.
    Unless im mistaken, certainly TD2 got a patch eventually for the CTD's, so they ought to know in what direction to look for a solution by now.

• Troopercooper80
    34 posts

@johnweakaimbot Well AC odyssey wasnt exactly free of problems either at launch, but i do recall that at least stability was okay, but thats a DX11 title so perhaps no surprise there.

• ImSIEBEL4TOdaY
    7 posts

Hi there. Im having this issue as well was googling for a fix and it lead me to here. Im 20hours in the game and im having this issue now. Cant play the game anymore, once i load the game, 5 sec after it loads it just freezes.

• Troopercooper80
    34 posts

@imsiebel4today And in the eventviewer do you see display driver crash/reset? and/or D3DDRED2 reports?

Because what you are experiencing sounds like something more complex or maybe something different.
    Probably still a problem with the game, like an npc nearby stuck causing a crash. (had that just happen to me funny enough)

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

I was able to completely eliminate my crashes/freezes by downgrading to driver 446.14. 45x.xx drivers will outright CTD or freeze within 5-10 minutes for me.

Interestingly 45x.xx drivers introduced HAGS for Windows 10. I tried turning off/on HAGS with those drivers and it still crashes but all drivers below 45x.xx works fine for me. 25 hours played, not a single crash.

So it looks like an API coding issue which causes the DX12 ultimate drivers to crash on both Nvidia and AMD.

• Troopercooper80
    34 posts

@redindianrobin I havent tried downgrading yet, as the CTD's, i have to admit, are pretty rare.

I've played over 20 hours now and had 2 crashes.
    1 was the D3DDRED2 thing, and the other.. isnt even logged but did pop up with a 'send crash report to ubisoft' window so that was a game thing for sure at least.

• ImSIEBEL4TOdaY
    7 posts

@Troopercooper80

I just checked. Its not the same. Source: RPC (microsoft windows RPC events). GameBarFTserver.exe has failed to complete COM/RPC call because of an invalid message from server.

And also

Gupdate.
    The description for event ID 0 from source gupdate cannot be found. Service stopped.

• ImSIEBEL4TOdaY
    7 posts

Edit- i clear logs and tried again. Within 5-10 sec it freezes again. Had to end task. Checked on event viewer, no logs.

• ImSIEBEL4TOdaY
    7 posts

Just to update.

I updated my geforce experience app to 9th november 2020 and so far its not crashing. Wish me luck.

• RedIndianRobin
    186 posts

@imsiebel4today What if I don't have Geforce Experience at all?

I wonder if gamebar has anything to do with the crashes!

• Coach811981
    26 posts

I've had 4 crashes/freezes in about +/- 75 hrs of gameplay.

Seems like a random event but considering its all happened in the space of around a week its slightly annoying.

First 2 were CTD's with no errors. Nothing in the event log as the Ubisoft error reporting thing came up after the crash.

Last 2 were freezes with audio in background - event log indicated D3DDRED2 and AppHangB1. In both instances i was able to alt-tab to windows and kill the process.

• gilly775
    5 posts

So curious. When you all say freezing, are you waiting to see if it recovers? I've only had maybe 2 CTDs since I started playing. I've played 19 hours so far and I get times where the game will freeze for 20-30 seconds and then recover and freeze again 5-10 minutes later for the same amount of time. and maybe it doesn't happen again for 20 minutes. Sometimes, I'll play and get no freezes. But generally, I'll see the freezing most of the time early in my playtime and then less and less as I move into an hour or more.

• ImSIEBEL4TOdaY
    7 posts

@redindianrobin played for 5 hours straight, no crashes.

• ImSIEBEL4TOdaY
    7 posts

@gilly775 i dont have CTD, mine just freezes with audio in background. I left it for 15mins still nothing it doesnt recovers. I have to kill the task. But when viewed in event viewer the only report is apphangb1. And that once gamebar crashes.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics